Rishabh Pant performance watch thread

tweaker

1 hour ago, cowboysfan said:

I hate his slogger technique,you just have to watch Kohli to know that you dont have to throw the Kitchen sink at the ball EVERY time to score in LOIs.he sorely needs a good batting coach.

Thats the way he plays.What he needs to do is use intelligence a bit more -stop slogging in teh air dragging balls from outside off to legstump with 3 men deep.Slog if its on mid or leg if you are confident of clearing it,but stop dragging off stump balls for god's sake.I feel he plays correctly in tests,but in ODIs and T20 tries to overhit like sehwag.

Edited by Tendulkar1996
4 hours ago, SUMO said:

To realise his full potential. If he was tullaybaaz like afridi then it would be ok. But he has much higher ceiling

Timing comes in throwdowns. I Have seen our coach working with teens and senior bats. He works hours with players and each throwdown he will ask, let the ball come or hit it late.

As per him, its not easy to adapt to it, but if you can make this adjustment, You become a very different batsman

5 hours ago, ThePhenomenal1 said:

Team needed 120 odd from 70 odd balls and he helped chase that down. If it was dhoni and pandey for example, that RRR would have been climbing.

pant did well with dhawan to make it look easy

People talking about 20 year old winning a game chasing 10 rpo. How many games it took Dhoni to score a 50 in T20Is? Or how was Kohli at the same age in T20. Comparing Kohli at his peak to a wicketkeeper batsman. He did what was needed to score runs whether he looked good or bad. He isn't a blind slogger. His hitting is very calculated. 

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

People talking about 20 year old winning a game chasing 10 rpo. How many games it took Dhoni to score a 50 in T20Is? Or how was Kohli at the same age in T20. Comparing Kohli at his peak to a wicketkeeper batsman. He did what was needed to score runs whether he looked good or bad. He isn't a blind slogger. His hitting is very calculated. 

Comparing him to Afridi or kohli, Both is wrong.

Afridi managed to hit trundlers. You could allways see that a young Kohli had great timming.

As i said, our batting coach can still easily work ion “young” Pant and carve out a beast at number 6

Edited by mishra
4 hours ago, mishra said:

Comparing him to Afridi or kohli, Both is wrong.

Afridi managed to hit trundlers. You could allways see that a young Kohli had great timming.

As i said, our batting coach can still easily work ion “young” Pant and carve out a beast at number 6

Which Coach B Arun or Bewda ??  Do not have any expectations of that happening dude from them ..

Pant won't have a career unless he proves to be very resilient and street smart.
I mean, this guy obviously tries a lot, but he gives vibes off getting complacent after gaining confidence..
Also, Rohit is possibly Dhoni's secret companion in power struggle and would desperately want his backing.
Pant is probably a mole planted to bite Dhoni in the ass.
And Career Finisher Dhoni never forgives people who wrongs him.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Equals record for most dismissals in a match

Match totals
Player DisDescending Ct St Ct Wk Ct Fi   Opposition Ground Start Date  
RC Russell (ENG) 11 11 0 11 0   v South Africa Johannesburg 30 Nov 1995 investigate this query
AB de Villiers (SA) 11 11 0 11 0   v Pakistan Johannesburg 1 Feb 2013 investigate this query
RR Pant (INDIA) 11 11 0 11 0   v Australia Adelaide 6 Dec 2018 investigate this query
RW Taylor (ENG) 10 10 0 10 0   v India Mumbai 15 Feb 1980 investigate this query
AC Gilchrist (AUS) 10 10 0 10 0   v New Zealand Hamilton 31 Mar 2000 investigate this query
WP Saha (INDIA) 10 10 0 10 0   v South Africa Cape Town 5 Jan 2018

Pant is better than DK and Pappu but at dhoni level keeping. Safe but will never be outstanding.

Cant expect him to take blinders but will not drop straightforward chances like the other names mentioned.
Poor man's Dhoni.
Atleast Dhoni did a lot for the team when at his peak.
Pant is already busy in social media marketing and behind the stump bakbak which ruined Dhoni This early in his career.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk