I would not play Bumrah in England: Michael Holding

15 minutes ago, adi B said:

Nah ,that's too much of exaggeration.we can't draft in a young pacer all of a sudden to be our lead bowler with the new ball ,so why not try umesh in that role .he can swing the ball better than shami or Sharma 

Umesh will definitely concede 5 runs per over. Its not chance, its certainty. 

13 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Ya Umesh I will keep till Aus tour since the guy can use the pitch there to get himself couple of 2fers and can fk us over. Ishant has fked us over enough. Time to call Jupiter Unadkunt now to fk us over.   

umesh is averaging under 30 in last 12 months in test cricket.

Umesh is bad but Ishant is different level bad, unfair to group them together.

India has surplus of bowlers. It is almost like these guys have to become all rounders to find their place. An year back Umesh was a regular. Now he is nowhere in the picture. He didn't exactly help himself. I thought Ishant was gone for good. After good domestic stint he is back. We have noobs like Nagarkoti, Mavi, Porel coming up. India has to keep all these guys in the radar. Quiet a challenging job. Then we have Ashwin/Jadeja/Kuldeep. It is an unusual scenario for Indian cricket. More bowlers to take the national spot than the batsmen.

7 hours ago, adi B said:

Nah ,that's too much of exaggeration.we can't draft in a young pacer all of a sudden to be our lead bowler with the new ball ,so why not try umesh in that role .he can swing the ball better than shami or Sharma 

Its not an exaggeration because that has happened plenty of times even in the recent SL series at home.

6 hours ago, Vilander said:

His bowling against SL both home and away was horrible. The good series he had was against Aus. After that, he went back to normalcy. I don't want to play such bowler who does not know where and what to bowl after 7 years of international cricket. Its a waste of game time which can be used to try another promising youngster.

6 hours ago, Vilander said:

Umesh was worse than Ishant recently. Only reason Ishant got chance over Umesh because he was horrible.

11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

His bowling against SL both home and away was horrible. The good series he had was against Aus. After that, he went back to normalcy. I don't want to play such bowler who does not know where and what to bowl after 7 years of international cricket. Its a waste of game time which can be used to try another promising youngster.

correct logic!!

8 hours ago, adi B said:

In the past, umesh has not been successful on pitches which swung a lot. Even in the odi binny took 6 wickets, umesh went for over 6 runs an over and was wicketless. He is more likely to succeed on bouncy tracks

20 minutes ago, Vilander said:

check 12 months stats in statsguru, umesh is avg 29.x Ishant 31.x not much but certainly better.

You need to see what Umesh has done recently. His staus look good due to the test series against Aus and that was almost one year back and a lot of water has passed since then.  we have played two test series in between and he was horrible, not taking may wickets is one thing and can still do, but conceding bucketful of runs.  No captain will pick such a bowler who leaks runs at a high rpo.

this is his record since July. averaging close to 36, 5 tests 11 wickets, ER 3.65, SR 58.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/376116.html?class=1;spanmin1=06+Jul+2017;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

in the same period, excluding SA tests, Ishant played 2 tests, 8 wickets average 26, ER 3.06, SR 51.  This is why Ishant played ahead of him in SA.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?class=1;spanmax1=30+Dec+2017;spanmin1=25+May+2017;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

Edited by rkt.india
Have you guys had a look at the schedule? 5 back to back tests with 3-4 days break in between. Brutal schedule and there would be many forced changes required. A pool of 6-7 bowlers would be required at the minimum.

PS: 6-7 fast bowlers.
My 6 pick
Bhuvi
Shami
Umesh
Bumrah
Saini
Chaudhary

All-rounder
Shankar
Pandya

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Actually might not be a bad idea to draft either koti or mavi in since they have played in England beside they can swing it and are young and athletic and bowl fuller and swing it.i know some might say it's too early but we played a young ishant in Australia.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

You need to see what Umesh has done recently. His staus look good due to the test series against Aus and that was almost one year back and a lot of water has passed since then.  we have played two test series in between and he was horrible, not taking may wickets is one thing and can still do, but conceding bucketful of runs.  No captain will pick such a bowler who leaks runs at a high rpo.

this is his record since July. averaging close to 36, 5 tests 11 wickets, ER 3.65, SR 58.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/376116.html?class=1;spanmin1=06+Jul+2017;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

in the same period, excluding SA tests, Ishant played 2 tests, 8 wickets average 26, ER 3.06, SR 51.  This is why Ishant played ahead of him in SA.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?class=1;spanmax1=30+Dec+2017;spanmin1=25+May+2017;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

are you saying playing against Aus and doing well is not as worth as playing against srilanka. 

35 minutes ago, Vilander said:

are you saying playing against Aus and doing well is not as worth as playing against srilanka. 

it is about consistency. that was the best performance i have seen by an Indian fast bowler in India since Srinath.  The problem is consistency. One series alone cannot make you a permanent fixture if you keep doing poor series following that. If SL was so bad, shouldn't he have done better.  I was the biggest backer of Umesh but he has not lived up to his potential.  I thought he finally turned a corner in Aus series, but he was back to his old spray-gun self in the next two series.         

On 1/31/2018 at 3:02 PM, rkt.india said:

it is about consistency. that was the best performance i have seen by an Indian fast bowler in India since Srinath.  The problem is consistency. One series alone cannot make you a permanent fixture if you keep doing poor series following that. If SL was so bad, shouldn't he have done better.  I was the biggest backer of Umesh but he has not lived up to his potential.  I thought he finally turned a corner in Aus series, but he was back to his old spray-gun self in the next two series.         

Bhai, There are various factors when it comes to bowlers.

1. Their own confidence and fitness.

2. Pitch and how much they are being used, over used, supported from other side

3. Finally, Their own commitment. i.e. Some bowler take the game to next level against certain oppositions and then go back to standard to save themselves for next game. Reason being, they think match is safe.

Umesh has been trotting the tracks so many years. It will be complete Chutiyaap not to consider him in English comndition because he didnt perform in some easy games in Subcontinental condition. Finally, These Superstars who were bowling delivery after delivery as unplayable in South Africa are prooven duds in SC. If Umesh would have been playing third match and if Kohli would have asked, He would have retired hurt atleast one bat in that third game.