Amritsar train accident

Singh bling

Sad incidence .... But a result of the cultural problem of breaking / bending rules to serve self interest, keeping short term benefits above long term (the big picture), the chalta hai attitude, always thinking about saving/making $ (organizers for e.g. cutting corners), etc. 

What these people did by standing on the track, we see many in Ind do it in other aspects of life including polluting the environment (in this respect, it is like the whole country is standing on a track), having more kids than one can support (burden to resources), and so on 

:((

Edited by zen

some unverified reports ..

* organizer told sidhus wife when they were on stage , that even if 500 trains pass , these people will still be there to see her ( or the event )

* organizer mentioned that they announced in loudspeakers to stay away from the railway track 5/6 times

verified report ..

* minutes before this tragedy another train honked and passed without any incident but there was no loud noise , and then people got back to the tracks again

this is classic case of indian common sense at work .. people and organizers are all at fault here 

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

What a tragic human story! horrifying about thinking to be in the place. No words.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/woman-saves-toddler-flung-into-air-before-train-hit-his-father/articleshow/66309295.cms

Damn ABP News and local media milking the story.

I had clicked on the video of the accident .....possibly the most disturbing thing I have seen.:(( 

No visible blood or injury....just darkness ,still the most horrifying  scene .

I will never ever click on another accident video.

Sidhu's visit to Pakistan must be investigated. I think this train accident might be an act of terrorism from Pakistan using Sidhu as mohra. The organisers didn't take permission, railway was not informed, driver had no clue about any such event, presence of Sidhu's wife at the time of accident and immediately fleeing after the accident and now Sidhu blaming Indian Railway's for the mishap. This all sounds fishy and doesn't add up.

14 hours ago, velu said:

:lol:

first time seeing something like this .. flagman literally crying and imagine they have todo this everyday 

When I lived in Bangalore  from 2015-2017, I used to cross a railway crossing while going to work and almost everyday this was the scene (in Thanisandra). There was a mechanical drop gate, that operator would manually turn the wheel and it would start about 15 mins before the train crossing. It would slowly come down. There were school buses stuck in the middle till the last minute and trains would come down and whiz past. Accidents are bound to happen any day. Sad reality. 

6 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

When I lived in Bangalore  from 2015-2017, I used to cross a railway crossing while going to work and almost everyday this was the scene (in Thanisandra). There was a mechanical drop gate, that operator would manually turn the wheel and it would start about 15 mins before the train crossing. It would slowly come down. There were school buses stuck in the middle till the last minute and trains would come down and whiz past. Accidents are bound to happen any day. Sad reality. 

The barrier comes down 15 mins before the train arrives? That’s the main problem!

Here in the U.K. the barriers come down 2 minutes prior to the train arriving. No one has the patience to wait 15 minutes and the effect that these 15 minutes will have on traffic will be chaotic.

Edited by Ranvir

22 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

The barrier comes down 15 mins before the train arrives? That’s the main problem!

Here in the U.K. the barriers come down 2 minutes prior to the train arriving. No one has the patience to wait 15 minutes and the effect that these 15 minutes will have on traffic will be chaotic.

I said starts to come down, and people would still be  crossing until it comes down fully within 2 mins of train whizzing past full speed. If he starts 2 mins before, then we would see trains stopping for people to cross the crossing like in that video.

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I said starts to come down, and people would still be  crossing until it comes down fully within 2 mins of train whizzing past full speed. If he starts 2 mins before, then we would see trains stopping for people to cross the crossing like in that video.

It’s better if the barrier comes down completely in one go 2 mins before the train arrives, not at a snail pace.

This way people will not mind waiting.

On 10/22/2018 at 9:25 PM, Singh bling said:

These same uncivilized people would come on the streets , blame government , demand compensation and action against the Driver when an accident happens.