Remove beef from India’s food menu: BCCI to Cricket Australia

Looks like another of those diktats from the captain. Virushka will make everyone go Vegan or what? What's the problem if beef is on the menu? You don't like it, do not eat it. For the vegetarians, hire a local Indian chef. What is this with food fascism. Fuunny this is happening with Shastri as the coach. He's self professed beef lover and had even a case filed against him years ago for eating beef!!

Also, surprised to read that Indian touring party craves for Indian food on tours. These guys travel overseas so extensively and yet do not development a taste for local cuisines? Having Indian food once in a while is okay, but to complain about it to BCCI to me sounds is a bit childish.

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Looks like another of those diktats from the captain. Virushka will make everyone go Vegan or what? What's the problem if beef is on the menu? You don't like it, do not eat it. For the vegetarians, hire a local Indian chef. What is this with food fascism. Fuunny this is happening with Shastri as the coach. He's self professed beef lover and had even a case filed against him years ago for eating beef!!

Also, surprised to read that Indian touring party craves for Indian food on tours. These guys travel overseas so extensively and yet do not development a taste for local cuisines? Having Indian food once in a while is okay, but to complain about it to BCCI to me sounds is a bit childish.

beef removing does not mean, they are going vegan.  they can still have chicken, mutton, pork, eggs.

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

if Aussies tour India, would they be happy eating Indian food? no, they wont be.  Having overseas food once in a while is okay, but it wont work for longer tours and longer duration.  South Indians wont be happy eating north indian food every day and vice versa for north indians.  There will be very few people like me who can adjust whatever they get.  me with two of my friends lived in Mysore for six months and those two friends did not like South Indian food much while I had no problem with it but they would consistently search for north Indian food.

7 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Cow meat export is completely banned

probably only now.  1,680,000 tonnes beef was exported in 2012.  The buffalo-meat exports constitute the predominant portion of the beef trade in India.  

Cow meat going out of India as carabeef, police investigation on 

Brazil top beef exporter in 2018. Brazil is projected to be the largest beef exporter in the world in 2018 followed by India.

Edited by rkt.india
3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

if Aussies tour India, would they be happy eating Indian food? no, they wont be.  Having overseas food once in a while is okay, but it wont work for longer tours and longer duration.  South Indians wont be happy eating north indian food every day and vice versa for north indians.  There will be very few people like me who can adjust whatever they get.  me with two of my friends lived in Mysore for six months and those two friends did not like South Indian food much while I had no problem with it but they would consistently search for north Indian food.

I have seen Australian players happily enjoying Indian lunch during Bangalore and Mumbai grounds on their tours to India in 2004-05 and 2008

On 11/2/2018 at 3:25 AM, LordPrabhzy said:

Im sure BCCI has that much funds to send a couple of chefs along with the team to service the demands of these princesses. Dont blame the Aussies.

When england/SA/Aus/NZ/WI come to India do we provide them with beef? do we provide them with Western food? They suck it up and eat Indian food most of the time. Why should Indians get special treatment?

Not really. Don’t get fooled by the odd IPL timepass video where the gora player says his favorite food is Chikken Tikka or Dal Makhni.

They still get to eat their home cuisine most if not  all the time.

Remember in the mid 90s when Shane Warne and co made a big deal about canned beans and pasta etc. when they toured India

These goras used to make fun of getting diarrhea and stomach problems eating Indian food  on tours.

I saw an interview with a South African cricketer I believe Gibbs who said India used to be a nightmare when it came to food,night life,partying  etc back in the day but now in this day and age India has evolved to  a different level.

Why can’t Indians expect the same when they tour abroad?

Edited by Global.Baba
5 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

Damn bro If the players have so much restriction and taste complain , get a full time cook for the team. I mean what's another 100k for a chef? 

Huh? Why should BCCI or the players spend their personal money? It is the job of the host board to give the catering contract. When foreign teams tour in India they stay in 5 star hotels and all these hotels have pretty much everything these guys eat- be it steak,pasta,Ham etc etc

Why should Indian team expect anything different?

I remember reading an article in late 90s where the aussie players expressed their displeasure about the food served in India and had similar guidelines for more westernized food. Warne talked about getting his own tinned baked beans as he doesn't like the food in India.

Funny that I don't hear such complaints now. Things have changed so much in all these years.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk