Ishant-led pace attack's experience will be the key for India's success - Zaheer Khan

sarcastic

1 hour ago, OzGirl said:

Indians lack fitness and intensity, as the match against the CA 11 showed.

Why would bowlers bowl with intensity in a practice match  ?

And they are much fitter than your fragile pacers who are injured half the time.  How many matches did Cummins and Pattinson miss since their debut  ?  How many operations and breaks have Starc needed till now  ?

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Why would bowlers bowl with intensity in a practice match  ?

And they are much fitter than your fragile pacers who are injured half the time.  How many matches did Cummins and Pattinson miss since their debut  ?  How many operations and breaks have Starc needed till now  ?

Still a world class bowler and better than anyone India has, history shows that any touring team that goes into practise games like they are a test match will do well in the series, this just shows Indians as lazy, and unfit and they will take the same attitude into the test, but that's ok Indian arrogance again.

Edited by OzGirl
21 minutes ago, OzGirl said:

Still a world class bowler and better than anyone India has, history shows that any touring team that goes into practise games like they are a test match will do well in the series, this just shows Indians as lazy, and unfit and they will take the same attitude into the test, but that's ok Indian arrogance again.

Havent seen data against that though! Practise matches are more for experimenting and understanding your lengths and strategies rather than going all out. I dont buy your logic. 

On 12/1/2018 at 9:14 AM, express bowling said:

So Zaheer thinks that Ishant is the leader of this attack  !

Hmmm ...

.The more I hear him talk ....  

I would give him the benefit of doubt. I mean he is not the selector. The only other way is to just encourage your players. I mean imagine him saying Ishant is s h i t! That wouldnt give a really good picture.

1 hour ago, OzGirl said:

Still a world class bowler and better than anyone India has,

Bumrah is better than Starc in every format.  Starc lacks accuracy.

history shows that any touring team that goes into practise games like they are a test match will do well in the series, this just shows Indians as lazy, and unfit and they will take the same attitude into the test, but that's ok Indian arrogance again.

This Aussie team is more lazy and unfit than this Indian team, which actually is super fit and hard working.

Edited by express bowling
10 hours ago, Clarke said:

My trolling aside, Ishant was really good with the new ball in Eng, troubled the lefties a lot. Hope he carries his form & accuracy and continues to be an asset in Aus & the future. Der aaye durust aaye etc

there ought to be quite a few lefties in the Oz batting lineup. I wonder if he can replicate his earlier form on these pitches.

On 12/1/2018 at 12:29 AM, eternalhope said:

And many ICFers wanted him as the bowling coach. Be careful in what you wish for.

he is Shrewd and a very smart and intelligent bowler, ZAk also does value SPEED and bounce, i think he is going to do better than bharat arun( who has also been fair and that's why has not been dropped)

i think if zak joins as bowling coach , indian pacers will become world leaders and will rock...I support him big time as a bowling coach but provided he is focussed and gives time to INDIA job.

19 hours ago, OzGirl said:

Indians lack fitness and intensity, as the match against the CA 11 showed.

My dear Lady- Indians have a tendency to play the Practice Match as a Practice Match , this match was not even a first class match in which 14 or 15 players played...best Indian pace bowler Jasprit was not even in the 14 who played....Our Premier Spinner Kuldeep also rested. Ishant and Umesh were relaxing for a few weeks and I would give them benefit of doubt.

Shammi got 3 wickets and since we know shammi , he suddenly increases his pace in test matches...Same applies to ishant and Umesh.

Please be rest assured that these guys will play SOLID cricket in the test.

shammi ishant bumrah Kuldeep/ashwin will be our bowling attack ..i would prefer Kuldeep but even ashwin is skilled.

dont worry these guys will make life difficult for Aussie batsman ..if Indian batting manages to score against starc and Cummins- we will win the test.

4 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

he is Shrewd and a very smart and intelligent bowler, ZAk also does value SPEED and bounce, i think he is going to do better than bharat arun( who has also been fair and that's why has not been dropped)

i think if zak joins as bowling coach , indian pacers will become world leaders and will rock...I support him big time as a bowling coach but provided he is focussed and gives time to INDIA job.

Not that I don't have respect for his skills, but I am worried about his preconceived notions that Indians cannot be out and out fast bowlers and Indian bodies not suited for it. What can you expect from someone like that and the bowlers he favors to represent India.

I won't blame Zak for his opinion. He is definitely not going to run down our bowling even if it  is upto the mark. Personally guys like Shami, Bumrah are world class bowlers. Ishant can go either way. But they are still not all season bowlers. Supreme fitness, athleticism is warranted to snatch important moments of the game. The way we struggled to get Curran out was embarrassing. 

On 12/2/2018 at 11:10 AM, Clarke said:

My trolling aside, Ishant was really good with the new ball in Eng, troubled the lefties a lot. Hope he carries his form & accuracy and continues to be an asset in Aus & the future. Der aaye durust aaye etc

Exactly... I hated Ishant totally for his past performances  but what I saw in England was kinda unbelievable , he bowled 75 percent of his balls full and created lot of wicket-taking opportunities , many catches were dropped of his bowling and he completely outbowled Umesh in one test and then Umesh was never picked , he bowled as good as SHammi and bumrah , shammi was ON and OFF, i mean sometimes totally Average and some times 140+ and he is always blessed with right line n length, just that some times when is in rhythm he bowls 140 to 146K and gets his wickets and when not in rhythm he is 132 to 140k and does beat batsman but doesnt get wickets , then he also bowls those hit me balls like Umesh , both these guys umesh and shammi bowl atleast 1 or 2 hit me balls in an over and at least 1 Jaffa in an over, in which they can get a wicket.

shammi bowls more jaffa's , kinda tough to play balls and thats why he is preferred to Umesh when in rhythm, secondly shammi has a perfect line n length most often where as Umesh is either too full or too short and some times on the leg.

i think Umesh managed to fly to australia , thanks to the performance against WI in the test else Siraj would have been picked ahead of him but just for that 10 wickets against WI in a test , he has been preferred but i think he won't be in the final 11 as India will go in with 3 pacers and 1 Spinner.