Kuldeep Yadav or Ravi Jadeja or Ravi Ashwin for Perth Test?

fineleg

Spinner for Perth?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Spinner for Perth?

• Kuldeep Yadav
    • Ravi Jadeja
    • Ravi Ashwin

38 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

I am for all 3 of them to be played.Keep in mind Ashwin's record against left handers    and how he proved to be against their most

potent weapon Khwaja in this test.Kuldeep has always that 'surprise factor. Yes he was   not up to the mark in the rare oppertunities he got in ENG, but then ENG & AUS pitches in general are not similar  by any yardsticks  either.  Jadeja needs to play to boost the tail batting. And left hand bowlers can be handy in AUS .

Even if pitches are going to be ' faster in general'  moving forward, I think that reduces the chances of our batting top 6 improving their performance.That being the case it would be worth playing all 3.

Would drop  Ishant/Shami  & Rohit  for  Kuldeep & Jadeja 

Bhai this is Perth not nagpur

1 hour ago, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

You can't drop Ishant or Shami and make a trundler spinner attack. Perth will still have pace even if not like the old times...

The intensity with which we bowled (accuracy and pace) was relentless. Playing 2 spinners and one less batsmen will make a defeat much more likely. We need to pack our batting but adjust it a little. 

I'd play Shaw, Rahul, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Vihari, Pant, Ashwin, Ishant, Shami, Bumrah

If Shaw isn't fit I would consider opening with Rohit because he still has lots of experience in this role and success - even if it's a different format. Vijay looks finished and Rahul is not really in nick. I would prefer to play Kuldeep over Ashwin but he can't bat which lengthens our tail even more than it is. Ashwin was crap on day 5 and I think he will be dismantled in a key match to come. I haven't forgotten his pathetic role in England and being out bowled by Moeen. Jaddu is my fav as he does a bit of everything which is what you need from a spinner on pitches abroad but Aussies have a lot of lefties so the role is not in his favour.

we just  can't plot   'the most effective strategy '  going by the latest result. For instance, if we were to do that for the Adelaide  test  based on the  lone tour match performance , then all of  Ashwin,Ishant & Shami wouldn't have been  playing this  Adelaide test.For instance who would have thought  the same Ashwin who conceded  122 runs in the tour match  and picked 2 wkts only (1 was of a tail ender)  against a bunch of pedestrians   would pick 6 wkts in this very important test match?? 

Going by the logic of it, Ashwin wouldn't have played at all.That brings to a more sensible fact that  'a quality bowling group' can  perform  more or less at the same level   , even if one  member is replaced by another one.Are you 100%  sure that, if either of Jadeja or Kuldeep  played  in place of say Ishant sharma(the least performance  among bowlers in this test) ,  they would have badly flopped??I am not , infact I believe that ether of them would have performed more or less in the same level as  Ishant.Reasons?? AUS is a place  known so friendly  in general to fast bowlers  .Isn't it??Yet spinner Ashwin proved the most effective when considering that

he picked 5 'top 4' batsman  wkts + the final  vital wkt.And one among them  is Khwaja , their best batsman by far in the group.

Still can't  think as to what would have been the end  result if  Khwaja was not dismissed cheaply in either of the inns.So it was Ashwin ,who till now avg:ed  a paltry 54 in AUS who did the most damage.

Similarly the probablity of Rahul or Rohit or Vijay putting runs on the board from their respective positions is lesser when compared to what Jadeja can do if he is playing at the 6th spot.Their recent past performances  &  their track   records at all levels  are the evidences for that.That being the case what is the harm in replacing the least convincing , Rohit with Jadeja at the 6th spot.?

More over left armers like Herath,Bedi etc have performed generally better in AUS compared to right handers like Yasir,Murali,Kumble,Harbhajan etc.

And w.r.t playing Kuldeep, at the least case,  he can feed off from others success  and  have more or less the same performance

as Ishant(the least effective in this test). And at the most, he can be that element that can completely turn it around for us because of him  'being unknown' factor. Hence it is worth taking a chance with Kuldeep, baring perhaps Perth, where it is a bit more faster than normal,

I think ashwin hate in ICF has more to do with his off field attitude . Typical indian mentality to wish for people who talk too much to fail.  so that we can say to everyone " I told you so this guy just talks".

Guess this is why "Simpletons" like Jaddu, Umesh and all get away.

I think ashwin should stop taking too much and act like everything is a fluke. Maybe stop giving interviews  in english and speak in Hindi. People would then support him.

Case in point..Better average and economy than Lyon. And Kohli himself told that was the plan. 

Screenshot_20181211-000307_Twitter.jpg

Horses for courses. Knowing Perth pitches will be a little quicker(may be, who knows), I would play Jadeja who is the best among all three in terms of mixing up the pace of the ball.

Spinner’s ability to change the pace of the ball is very important on fast pitches and Jadeja is the best at it among all three. Just solely based on the pitch. Also if he gets to ball 59 some overs which Ashwin did, Jadeja will close out innings faster. 

Jadeja will fit better among all three. 

Bumrah,Ishant,two out of Bhuvi/Shami/Umesh can make 4 man pace attack.

I don't think Vihari should be picked as an all rounder.He rarely bowls in 1st class & the wickets he got in Eng were mostly due to their batsmen trying to accelerate and gifting him their wickets. Vijay 's bowling >> Vihari's bowling.If Vihari is picked,he will mostly play only as batsmen.

Whichever spinner plays,will have to play in place of a batsman.

Edited by diehardpacer

Just can't digest as to what prevents Jadeja  getting selected in to the team at the 6th slot as per general opinion. He  avg: 56.14 in domestic with 3 300's. He has 39 tests experience . Once he got into his groove as a batsman in tests , he has avg:ed 47.36  ever since

22 Sep 2016 . And he has scored 9 of his 10 50+ scores during this period.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/234675.html?class=1;spanmin1=22+sep+2016;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting;view=innings

He is a  left hander too.He has shown it in him  to play under intense pressure situations too. People are striving for Hanuma Vihari.If Vihari avg:s 59+ in domestic, so has Jadeja with 56+.Jadeja has played in top6  for his domestic team on lots of occasions, infact in the vast majority it seems.Of late he has scored  2 scores worth 100s( 86 not out  though not literally a 100 is worth a 100 in every sense).

Vihari is a highly talented youngster. Just because he is a prolific run scorer in domestic, there is no guarantee that he will go on to be a successful  all conditional batsman at international level too.We should remember that even a 5000+  batsman Pujara could turn it around in  SENA only from the last ENG series onwards. Even that needs to be seen as to whether he can maintain his constancy.

For me it is Jadeja who deserves a chance at no:6 more than Vihari by any yardstick.

Edited by rtmohanlal