Don’t select Pandya for the 4th test in Sydney!

SecondSlip

16 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

Velu Ji, 

The ONLY reason why I want Pappu to open the innings is because we have no other opening options in the squad. Rahul is so badly out of form and Vijay should never play for India again. Unfortunately, Shaw got injured at the worst time or else we wouldn’t even be having this discussion and Shaw-Agarwal would have opened in Sydney. 

The selectors should never have selected Vijay for this series, they guy is finished. He should have been sent back to India and replaced after the Perth test but our selectors didn’t do it. As for Rahul, he is so out of form that he can’t even score 10 runs, he’s basically a walking wicket at this point. 

Considering these factors, Pappu’s cameos of 30-40 runs will blunt the new ball and allow our middle order to take advantage. As I said before, the selectors didn’t pick the right opening batsmen for this tour, we are stuck. 

Vijay was the backup opener. Shaw and Rahul were supposed to open when Shaw got injured. My choice is Mayank and Vihari. So if you want Vihari to bat at no.6, Vijay needs to come back to open. Vihari didn't do a bad job at opening he saw the shine off the new ball. Don't go by the 8(66) score. He made sure our top bat Pujara came in after 20 overs.

Pappu was selected as back up keeper for Pant not as a backup opener.

We were already playing with 10 players with Rohit there,he is a champion in Lois but he hasn't sealed it in tests since 2013

Pandya is a prospect(straightway coming from injury and series on the line),but who are the options ?

I think traditional Sydney has offered spin ,that being said , Ashwin after doing fine in Adelaide and them having quite a few left handers

Ashwin can be the one who can justify the decision of playing him ahead of others

9 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Vijay was the backup opener. Shaw and Rahul were supposed to open when Shaw got injured. My choice is Mayank and Vihari. So if you want Vihari to bat at no.6, Vijay needs to come back to open. Vihari didn't do a bad job at opening he saw the shine off the new ball. Don't go by the 8(66) score. He made sure our top bat Pujara came in after 20 overs.

Pappu was selected as back up keeper for Pant not as a backup opener.

Ideally Vihari should be batting at #6 in his normal position. 

If we had to pick 1 opener between Rahul and Vijay, I would rather go for Rahul since he has scored more runs this series. 

Rahul is a long term option. Vijay is done and should never play another match for Team India again. 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

u still stood a chance in short term coz he is in developing stage, long term no chance 

You had this exact same faith in Dhoni and his trigger movement in the past but ended up fooling yourself. @maniac is a witness :laugh:

Don’t make a similar stupid prediction again but this time with Pandya :laugh:

1 minute ago, SecondSlip said:

You had this exact same faith in Dhoni and his trigger movement in the past but ended up fooling yourself. @maniac is a witness :laugh:

Don’t make a similar stupid prediction again but this time with Pandya :laugh:

2 diff cases - puting my money on old horse vs a young one 

Terrible bits n piece- u srsly need to find the right meaning of these words 

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

2 diff cases - puting my money on old horse vs a young one 

Terrible bits n piece- u srsly need to find the right meaning of these words 

As I said above, we shall see who is proven right in the long term. 

But for now, Pandya shouldn’t be in the starting XI for Sydney. 

Edited by SecondSlip
3 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

The bigger idiot is you who has so much faith in a terrible cricketer :laugh:

Using that word and then promoting the inclusion of parthiv patel who dropped 5-6 in SA making our bowlers pick more then they had to. Pandya atlest picked 3-4 wkts and did more then him with the bat in SA.....Pandya added something to the team ...patel was clear liability 

SLOW CLAP 

Erre wah ye dekho paltu @SecondSlip

He was the one who wanted to back pandya and give him long rope ...called him gem 

On 1/9/2018 at 10:55 PM, SecondSlip said:

After a very long time we have finally found a destructive batting all-rounder that bowls fast. Hardik should bat at #6 for India and play every single match in every format. This guy is a match winner and should be a permanent member of our starting XI. Give him a massive rope, even if he fails in a few innings, he should have full backing from the captain and team management. This guy is a gem 

and then he blames ICF turning on youngsters they wanted in team

On 11/22/2018 at 1:24 AM, SecondSlip said:

SCENARIO #1
ICFers wanted a pace bowling allrounder who can bat in the lower order and hit the ball big and far. We get one in Hardik Pandya but ICFers have turned on him. 

ICFers wanted a flexible batsman that can play all the shots in the book and bat at any position in the top 5. We get one in KL Rahul but ICFers have turned on him. 

This same ungrateful bunch are slowly turning on Khaleel & Pant now. On one hand they cry that youngsters aren't getting chances. But on the other hand, they lash out at these same youngsters after a few games. 

and now 

From gem to terrible 

4 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

The bigger idiot is you who has so much faith in a terrible cricketer :laugh:

@SecondSlip- i have few suggestions for ur DP

image.jpg

IMG_3426.JPG

552830c82e406.image.jpg?resize=400,290

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
55 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Erre wah ye dekho paltu @SecondSlip

He was the one who wanted to back pandya and give him long rope ...called him gem 

and then he blames ICF turning on youngsters they wanted in team

and now 

From gem to terrible 

@SecondSlip- i have few suggestions for ur DP

image.jpg

IMG_3426.JPG

552830c82e406.image.jpg?resize=400,290

I have lost my patience with Pandya. He doesn’t deserve to be in the starting XI for future test matches. Even the team seems to have given up on him and  eventually dropped him for the Oval test. If he is picked in Sydney, it will be as bad as picking Umesh in Perth. Only you and your pet rat @zen seem to support him nowadays. 

I am still fine with Pandya in LOIs for now though 

Edited by SecondSlip
22 minutes ago, zen said:

So till Nov 21st, he was supporting Pandya. Then he probably started supporting Parthiv but now thinks it is a bad idea to support Parthiv and asked to delete that thread! 

:hysterical:

Finally out from the dumpster little ratty? :laugh:

I thought you would also support PP’s inclusion since he’s a Gujarati like you :laugh:

Edited by SecondSlip
1 hour ago, sandeep said:

If only Virat hadn't bungled selection for Perth, we could be 3-0 up right now and then pandya's selection would be a no-brainer.  As things stand its a bit of a gamble, but I expect us to win this test regardless of the toss, or selection choices.  

kohli cannot violate the law of bungling at least one Test selection-wise per series. Saw it in SA, in Eng, and now here.

Just now, Vijy said:

kohli cannot violate the law of bungling at least one Test selection-wise per series. Saw it in SA, in Eng, and now here.

Two - he picked just the one spinner at Centurion/Southampton, just 5 batters at Joberg & an extra spinner at Lord's :cantstop:

8 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

I have lost my patience with Pandya. He doesn’t deserve to be in the starting XI for future test matches. Even the team seems to have given up on him and  eventually dropped him for the Oval test. If he is picked in Sydney, it will be as bad as picking Umesh in Perth. Only you and your pet rat @zen seem to support him nowadays. 

I am still fine with Pandya in LOIs for now though 

Lack of patience is ur problem.....most players take time to be consistent