Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul suspended pending inquiry for their comments in Koffee with Karan

I'm late to this discussion, but Pandya shamed himself in this crap.  Do what you want with your personal life, but to brag on natonal TV about being barely literate, and being a total slut who chases women with just one thing in mind, is pathetic.  Whether you are liberal or conservative, you cannot deny the fact that there are responsibilities involved when you represent your country in a sport.  Like it or not, you end up being in the public spotlight, and whether you want to be one or not, you are a role model.  It is not too much to ask, to conduct yourself with a modicum of dignity.  

Is a match ban fair or unfair? I'm not sure, but some punishment is definitely required.  

9 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I'm late to this discussion, but Pandya shamed himself in this crap.  Do what you want with your personal life, but to brag on natonal TV about being barely literate, and being a total slut who chases women with just one thing in mind, is pathetic.  Whether you are liberal or conservative, you cannot deny the fact that there are responsibilities involved when you represent your country in a sport.  Like it or not, you end up being in the public spotlight, and whether you want to be one or not, you are a role model.  It is not too much to ask, to conduct yourself with a modicum of dignity.  

Is a match ban fair or unfair? I'm not sure, but some punishment is definitely required.  

I dont get this at all.why is a sportsperson held to such high standard when politicians etc are literally getting away with murder.The only thing Pandya is guilty of is being a dumbass.

I think since many in Ind like to apes west. BCCI may try to do a la ACB to sound tough :lol: 

KL (because of his success in IPL) and Pandya are hot LOI players that make the game interesting. Below is the squad for OZ-NZ LOI tour:

• Consistent mature products: Kohli, Rohit and Dhawan (hardly going to set the blood rushing. these guys scoring another 50+ score is hardly that exciting) 
  • Refurbished / recycled products: MS Dhoni, Rayudu, Jadeja and Bhuvi (many will not watch or care when these guys are on) :yawn2:
  • Neutral / new players: DK (though not as effective in ODIs as he is in T20s), Jadhav, Chahal, and Khaleel (many times they are filling the slots)
  • Exciting to watch players: KL (will he click), Pandya (high SR player, acrobatic fielder, quick bowler), Shami (will he go for wkts or runs), Kuldeep (will he leave the batsmen clueless), and Bumrah. New guys like Agarwal, Shaw and Gill can create some excitement as well as fans would want to see how they progress 

With Bumrah rested, banning KL and Pandya will bring the excitement down esp. since these are not ICC events    

47 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

I dont get this at all.why is a sportsperson held to such high standard when politicians etc are literally getting away with murder.The only thing Pandya is guilty of is being a dumbass.

Whataboutism is always an ineffective argument.  Pandya has a right to be as much of a slut, a gawaar, or a dumbass as he wants to be.  The point is that he shouldn't be bragging about being those things on TV.  That's the violation of his employment contract with the Indian cricket team - in letter and spirit.  And that's why he deserves punishment.  I still don't know if a ban is the right call, because it hurts the team.  

39 minutes ago, zen said:

What is funny is many folks in Ind thought that a ban on Smith and Warner, even though they were cheating when representing the team, was too harsh .... while KL and Pandya, who went on a dumb show in personal capacity should be banned :lol: 

I always said that the bans on Aussie players were too harsh - because they were so long - a game or 5 game ban wouldn't have been harsh.  I'm one of the few on ICF who back Pandya a lot on ICF, along with you.  But you simply cannot defend, or wish away, the indefensible.

I do not watch Indian shows but hope that ppl don't waste their time on such stuff in India:

^ Appears to be the crowd many of the cricketers hang out with :lol: .... many in Ind could switch to watching such thing after venting frustrations against Pandya :dontknow: 

Edited by zen
8 minutes ago, zen said:

Appears to be the crowd many of the cricketers hang out with :lol: .... many in Ind could switch to watching such thing after venting frustrations against Pandya

More whataboutism.  word of unsolicited advice - when you catch yourself doing whataboutism or strawman arguments, you may be better off to stop digging.  

2 hours ago, Number said:

Ban is just OTT. 

Banana cricket board run by CoA.

Otoh Pandyas alternatives are Rishi Dhawan, Vijay Shankar and Binny. So saying we will not miss him is wrong.

Even BCCI babus support this. 

Cricbuzz:

Board secretary Amitabh Choudhary said: "Suspension must happen immediately." BCCI's acting president CK Khanna wrote: "Comments are crass and highly irresponsible. I suggest strict action." Board treasurer Anirudh Chaudhry too wrote a lengthy email, recalling how Cricket Australia acted with a sense of urgency in the case of Steven Smith and David Warner. He added that agents of players need to be regulated and as far as the punishment is concerned, "a two-match suspension seems to be only a stop-gap arrangement."

"The comments such as the ones that have been made would definitely have painted a large, red target on the back of the players for potential recruiters for the organized syndicates who attempt to indulge in match-fixing across the globe," stated Chaudhry in his email and suggested a sensitisation process. "The entire team and support staff must go through a sensitisation process. The (BCCI) CEO (Rahul Johri) may join them in the sensitisation as well as recommended by Ms. Veena Gowda, advocate."

Edited by gattaca
5 hours ago, zen said:

What is funny is many folks in Ind thought that a ban on Smith and Warner, even though they were cheating when representing the team, was too harsh .... while KL and Pandya, who went on a dumb show in personal capacity should be banned :lol: 

What is funny is when people cannot defend their sexist views, they build straw man after straw man and say whatever tangential thing they can throw. Weird how all the adults are in agreement, whether it's bcci, coa, kohli himself while the lonely incels online are making a million excuses about kl and pandaya 

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Will end my side from these statement as above

The article above pretty much says everything i wanna say

If a woman did it, she will be hailed as a revolutionary - quote from the article 

That one sentence alone shows the agenda. In a country which is a hell hole for women, where women are demeaned in every walk of life and objectified, the article writers provides the same sexist view of men as victims and women as yet at getting away with stuff. There is a lot of such obvious sexism happening online nowadays, redpillers and incels in the U.S. are growing in number. Seems like same disease is affecting India and it's making it much worse 

I will repeat it again. Women are objectified in india which leads to them being victims in lots of things. Pandaya being  star will get away but the road side majnu will try emulating him and then throwing acid on women who don't reciprocate. They have learned this from bollywood heroes and now from pandaya 

Edited by CSK Fan