What is your favorite Indian mithai?

Gollum

27 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Doesn’t have to be from your local area, Any region.

I honestly love Kaju ki barfi and good gulab Jamun. Unfortunately, I have not eaten a decent gulab Jamun in over 15 years as nothing compares to the ones in India. Here in U.S, all gulab jamun vendors have weird kind of sweet taste which makes you want to put it away. I have had luck once or twice but most were okayish and hence I have stopped buying/ordering Gulab Jamuns here.

But I still love Gulab Jamun and Kaju Barfi the most among all Indian mithais.

What is your favorite Mithai?

Both can be easily made at home.The taste is very similar to halwai walli mithai...specially kaju barfi....( i hope you mean kaju katli)

Check some u tube videos.

1 minute ago, beetle said:

Both can be easily made at home.The taste is very similar to halwai walli mithai...specially kaju barfi....( i hope you mean kaju katli)

Yeah kaju kti only I meant. 

Arey yaar youtube pe toh har cusine ban jaati hai, itna time kaha jo ready made india sweet shops mein milti hai uska alag maza hai :). May be when I come to India for the first time,  you can mail to me on my address your home made mithai :) 

2 hours ago, beetle said:

whats the mortality rate of your homemade mithai ?  :hmmm: :cantstop:

khoya jalebis (thin crispy style)

dhoda 

gajrela (with khoya on top and dried fruits mixed)

milk cake ( this is like one of the best barfies out there if not the best along with dhoda for me)

love freshly made bhog/ suji halua

winter time, used to love pinnis (khoya again the preferred variety)

My favorite Indian sweet is a pure Kerala sweet dish called Boli + Kheer..Its usually used in kerala Hindu weddings...i love that combo...Then another kerala sweet called ''Ada Prathaman''. 

Edited by riya

6 hours ago, riya said:

My favorite Indian sweet is a pure Kerala sweet dish called Boli + Kheer..Its usually used in kerala Hindu weddings...i love that combo...Then another kerala sweet called ''Ada Prathaman''. 

boli is not exclusive to malluland :mad:

i use to think its tn special , but boli is more popular in karnataka ..

1 hour ago, velu said:

boli is not exclusive to malluland :mad:

i use to think its tn special , but boli is more popular in karnataka ..

It is 'puran poli' in Gujrati, 'holige' in Karnataka.....hated that in college but boy was I wrong !!!!

If you are in Bengaluru stop by a shop named 'Holige Mane' in Malleshwaram 6th cross. Maa kasam you won't regret the travel time, best in the world. Try out the dry fruit, khova, badam, anjur (anjir...fig) and coconut versions. Have it in the shop itself, you will get generous dollops of desi ghee on top. That whole area is a foodie's delight ...legendary CTR (Benne Masala Dosa :wp120:), Janatha, Veena Stores and New Krishna Bhavan are within 5-10 minutes walking distance in case you are nearby. Many more eateries if you wanna explore. 

Edited by Gollum