BHU-KHA the epitome of mediocrity in T20 format

vayuu1

24 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Who said that, Garner was not doing any reverse swing but with his height and pace his yorkers were deadly.You need pace for yorker. Height plus pace always works for  yorker.

you are talking about 1970-80s when most batsmen were on backfoot with no helmets and protection, fearing bouncers, etc.  They could care less about yorkers. You cannot compare amateur era of 70s-80s to now. Even the best batsmen used to have stance like tailenders back then.  

7 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Your point was Yorker without reverse is not wicket taking, isn't it? Not whether it's used surprisingly or not.

And i still have the same stand.  Yorker is a defensive option in modern LOI cricket.  yes, you can get wicket but it is not a primary wicket taking option.  You can get wickets even with fulltosses and half trackers in LOIs that does not make them wicket taking options.  There is a reason bowlers now bowl yorkers wide outside off stump these days, that is to avoid getting hit, not to take wickets.  

15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Not really and no he wont get wickets 10 out of 10.  Batsmen mostly get out to yorker when it is bowled as surprise delivery.  if every ball is yorker, batsmen will be ready with low backlift to dug it out.

Why will any bowler bowl every ball yorker, it is sheer stupidity.

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

you are talking about 1970-80s when most batsmen were on backfoot with no helmets and protection, fearing bouncers, etc.  They could care less about yorkers. You cannot compare amateur era of 70s-80s to now. Even the best batsmen used to have stance like tailenders back then.  

Who said Helmets were not there in mid 1980s.You think Garner would be carted around these days and he will become useless.Garner with his bounce and height would be the best T20 bowler even today.

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

70-80s were not amateur era. You are saying Viv Richards and Sunil Gavaskar were amateurs?

Edited by maniac

Yorker and Short stuff both have to be surprise. You can't over do, unless you are trying to bowl to a lower order or tailender bat who is looking to survive or waiting for the lights to be called for the day.

Eventually you will get tired of bowling yorkers without yielding any result. Keep it surprise. 

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

Been a while since both our bowlers mixed it up with a bunch of yorkers. Good show.

Khaleel bowled around 140 on the few deliveries I saw, been reading here that he's bowling 120s. Improved performance I guess ?

Surely bowled well today, he mixed it up today too, but did not overdo. I enjoyed his death bowling in particular. Bhuvi gave few bad balls but overall a good owrformance by our seamers. 

I think if pitch is not turning then Kuldeep is better option than Chahal. Chahal regularly struggles on such wickets. 

12 hours ago, SK_IH said:

classic rkt.india :lol:

Ask any cricket expert or former fast bowler or batsman, they all will have same views.  There is a reason bowlers practice bowling good length more than Yorkers. Yorkers are just a death bowling skill to not get hit. Yes it can get you wickets as well but it is not a primary wicket taking option. Wicket taking option is still bowling length and seam or swing, get lbw, clean bowled through the gate, caught behind.

12 hours ago, SK_IH said:

:rotfl:

Do you think they were professional cricketers? Professional cricketer scoring 36 in 60 overs in a WC game. Kerry packer was professional cricket. Otherwise international cricket was game of amateurs like England recalling 45 year old Brian close from retirement to face Holding. Is this even possible in today's cricket? No, only in amateur era it could happen. I didn't say cricketers were not good but lacked professionalism and overall quality was low.

23 hours ago, putrevus said:

Who said Helmets were not there in mid 1980s.You think Garner would be carted around these days and he will become useless.Garner with his bounce and height would be the best T20 bowler even today.

Skull caps and helmet were there in 70's and helmets in  80's. I personally had one. During those times we used to get without grills helmets. Then we started getting grill helmet options. Kashmir willow bats were most common. A lot of damn lies are spread here.

Edited by Straight Drive