A R Rahman"s daughter's burqa on stage causes controversy

Texy

1 minute ago, rageaddict said:

I think you mean Mali and Niger because Senegal has always remained untouched by Islamic terrorism , the country has been a model of democracy and peaceful transfer of power ( in Africa)  since independence with no history of  Civil Wars,  Coup,  Dictatorship or any other unrest. 

I was thinking of Usman dan Fodio who provided the inspiration for the Sokoto Caliphate in W. Africa in the ~1800s. 

This guy inspired the Murid Order of Sufism in Senegal which helped establish Senegal as an Islamic State. 

Sufism and Jihad in Modern Senegal: The Murid Order, by John Glover

murid.png 

10 hours ago, Tibarn said:

@Gollum is right, Sufis have been involved in Jihad from China in the East, Senegal in the West, and the Soviet Union in the North, and that is not mentioning their so-called "syncretism" in India/Subcontinent. 

In fact, one can argue that the cow slaughter issue has its origins due to our "peaceful", "syncretic"  sufis :phehe: 

In medieval times, Islam came to Kashmir in peace in the form of Sufism, converted the Hindu kng, and when Afgjans attacked, turned against the locals and thats how Islam took over the region. Read the book -- The last queen of Kashmir, the story of Kota Rani.

27 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

Its a tragedy that a religion with more than a billion followers essentially treats half its population as slaves.

Thay's the Sharia way. Hardcore Muslims truly believe that as per Muslims I have met in Canada(one of the most liberal countries in the world.

On 2/8/2019 at 8:51 PM, coffee_rules said:

She must have seen this video and got inspired. Hijab promotion saying it is the safety net for intimidation and eve teasing. Can't believe the secular govt and youtube allows such promotion. If it was something similar done by Hindus, these fake secularists would have got their panties in a wad.

@velu or somebody can translate, but the language is self explanatory

dude how did you find this video?  it has like 250 views.. does it appear on regular tv ads?

message is lolworthy though...women were fully covered initially anyways...just wearing pants/tops just like all the guys. didn't touch on the root cause i.e men.

14 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

In medieval times, Islam came to Kashmir in peace in the form of Sufism, converted the Hindu kng, and when Afgjans attacked, turned against the locals and thats how Islam took over the region. Read the book -- The last queen of Kashmir, the story of Kota Rani.

Kota Rani apparently cursed Kashmir as well isn't it?

23 hours ago, Laaloo said:

She attended Grammy awards without a burqa.

It's the another daughter who doesn't wear burqa. There is nothing wrong in wearing it by choice. Only caution any country should take is whenever their is conflict between religious beliefs and laws of the land, laws should be enforced without any compromise. No leeway for any religion.

On 2/11/2019 at 6:55 PM, PBN said:

it's actually fake...poor photoshop.  the mesh is supposed to overlap the person's photo somewhat at the edges, esp at the bottom.

It's  a sample john doe card which has been photoshopped.

ontario-drivers-license.jpg

I knew it. It was a Western saazish to defame Islam.

On 2/8/2019 at 11:16 AM, Stradlater said:

Beetle ji Ye zyada ho gaya. I come from a village as well and while ladies do use Ghoonghat in the households , they don't take it to the extreme levels you are talking about. Certainly not to the extent of blinding themselves while sitting on a bike.

it is true. In UP, Haryana, Rajasthan, it is quite prevalent.