2019 Lok Sabha elections thread

FischerTal

32 minutes ago, beetle said:

One big positive of these elections has been the dilution of caste equations in north India  for voting although the religious equation seems to have been same .

Ajit singh has been eliminated...3 elections in a row.

3 hours ago, Lannister said:

Yes, but they will be representing their states when voting for the national elections. 

Why ? They are representing themselves when voting for the national elections, just like they represent themselves when voting for the state elections.

Mamata's party still retains the majority vote share among Bongs. She is a nobody outside WB is concerned. 

Good. 

All states should get equal representation as that is the basic foundation of our country. Language is the key factor here. 

That is not the basic foundation of our country, you just made that up. All states should get a fair share of representation in national politics and should run their own business without much central influence is the basic foundation of the country. 

if BJP wants to gain foothold in tamilnadu , then they have to start one tv channel asap..

they are blaming bjp for everything ( conscious decision to blame bjp instead of admk ) and even my mom was surprised that bjp got absolute majority ( sun tv created an impression that rahul will be back after 5 state elections ) ..

even admk cant match dmk when comes to media muscle ( news papers , online print medias and the most important tv channels )

Two main observations

Elections in India have gone presidential at national and state level as a result of 24/7 media and highly personalised social media

(a) Naveen Patnaik withstood the modi wave twice. BJP local unit made the mistake of attacking Naveen just like RaGa made the mistake of attacking Modi. 

(b) Amrinder the only mass leader in the congress at state level delivered Punjab despite the Modi wave

(c) The only reason why Trinamool got majority of seats in WB was they projected Mamata as a counter to Modi. Without that they would have been swept away.

(d) The weakness of RaGa being pitted against Modi shines through. Modi papered over BJP cracks in states just lost.

New alliances built hastily or on ideological paradoxes will falter

(a) AIADMK alliance in TN was new compared to DMK alliance which was formed basically losely after the assembly elections. Not enough time to work out the kinks.

(b) Congress alliance in bihar, jharkhand and Karnataka were hastily formed without ideological considerations or specified seat sharing in mind. The alliance in Jharkhand dragged and dragged. 

(c) Even the BSP and SP formally entered alliance in Jan. While there was only indirect support prior there was no real urgency to gel.

(d) Bjp had been in alliance in Sena for 20 plus years so it was easy to get back with them. Bihar alliance was finalised months before elections.

(e) BJP and PDP was never a good alliance. BJP pulled out at the right time else they would have suffered.

12 minutes ago, velu said:

if BJP wants to gain foothold in tamilnadu , then they have to start one tv channel asap..

they are blaming bjp for everything ( conscious decision to blame bjp instead of admk ) and even my mom was surprised that bjp got absolute majority ( sun tv created an impression that rahul will be back after 5 state elections ) ..

even admk cant match dmk when comes to media muscle ( news papers , online print medias and the most important tv channels )

DMK is going to have a lot of CBI and income tax activity on their doorstep pretty soon.

2 hours ago, Stan AF said:

I expected this result in Karnataka.

As long as you guys don't have a unique state wise leader with independent representation outside of con(Gandhi's)/cow belt party you will be continued to be knocked around between congress and bjp. Time to ditch both. Look at Jagan and Stalin who have managed to win 99% of the seats in their respective states. Both did solid groundwork and managed to deliver results. Jagan infact went one up higher and crushed in state assembly as well.

The time cannot be better for a state heavy weight to start new proceedings in Karnataka. But do you guys have any???  :laugh:

You have ramaswamy.

1 hour ago, velu said:

expected ttv to get more votes than kamal .. bit surprised :((

my ex roomate and his wife voted for kamal , told that its easy for anbumani to win ,so he catsed for kamal .. dumbass guys :whack: 

AMMK/NTK dented ADMK in rural areas & MNM in urban areas. AMMK polled nearly 5.3% and NTK/MNM 4% each. 

I was checking their numbers in all the three Sennai constituencies. MNM has received nearly 3 lakh votes combined.

Edited by Stan AF

21 minutes ago, velu said:

*screw libtards and if there are protests against industries anywhere in india , punish them badly ( they usually protest for 200-500rs and a bottle of whisky )

Sterlite ?? How come it wasnt a factor in TN?

Coming to TN

A few things

(a) Feel EPS and OPS were more interested in the bypolls to save their government. Vitamin M and heavy duty organisation was deployed there. In seats which mattered to OPS like his son the AIADMK won. Getting the PMK on board was for the bypolls. They have accomplished their main aim

(b) DMK i think took bypolls and LS seriously. But there was a feeling that UPA 1 might happen so they focused there. 

(c) AMMK is over. TTV I feel has to patch up. His supporters and even those 3 "loyal" MLA's will stay put. TN at its core despite the vote for the other parties remains a bipolar AIADMK v DMK states. EPS and OPS might be considered weak leaders but nobody can fill the vacuum. They will lose the assembly but still come out on top.

(d) There is still some doubts over Stalin, the bypoll results reflect this.

(e) There was clearly an anti Modi vote. NDA got 39% in bypolls DMK 44%. In LS DMK was 50% or there abounts and AIADMK less than 35%. As a BJP supporter we need to accept that the mood in TN was anti Modi. If Modi won the election for NDA pan India, he lost the elections in TN. A part of this can be put down to incumbency as even with a Jaya IMO AIADMK numbers would have come down. But the elephant in the room is clear ideological differences with the social and economic vision of Modi. I dont see any solution for this in the short run. BJP have other lower hanging fruits like Odisha WB Telangana and even Kerala. Their focus will shift to these states. But in the short run I think its wise to give OPS son and few members of AIADMK RS contingent cabinet seats. Contest the local polls with NDA partners and aim to get your members at a grassroot level in every district. Usually local polls in South are in favour of the incumbent. From those that get elected (if they do) field fresh faces in the assembly and contest all 234. Its time to move beyond the likes of Raja who are multiple election failures. Ponnar I feel sad for. Nainar should be BJP president as he delivered an excellent campaign. Its just reasons outside his control cost him.

(f) If local polls follow the same path as usual. DMK will be in the odd situation of having MP's and MLAs elected but in no power. Its going to bring challenges of its own for Stalin to keep his flock motivated and happy. As mentioned before BJP will actively target them with raids. I would say the MP's of the DMK have pinned targets on their backs. Modi has nothing to lose. Choking off the DMK money supply for assembly will be key. AIADMK will urge the BJP to do that. DMK have not been in power since 2013. 2 more years to go before they are in power. Spending money on this LS election is a morale booster. But the returns on investment are not there....

LOLL

The Journey of Sidhu

Resigns as member of parliament from RS

Quits BJP, wife follows

Flirts with AAP but is eventually rejected by Kejriwal over unrealistic demands

Options limited joins congress. no ticket for wife.

Congress wins landslide under Amrinder. Sidhu gets stuck with a shitty ministry

Amrinder refuses to give his wife a lok sabha seat. Sidhu throws tantrum.

Amrinder delivers Punjab for the Congress thereby further sidelining Sidhu

Honestly I dont blame him for quiting the BJP. Akalis were against him and he did not have major backers. Was a political dead end. But since joining the Congress the types of statements he has come out with made me lose respect for him. Had no issue if he got his head down and worked for the Congress in Punjab. But hugging the enemies of India, not attending the funeral of ABV who he called his grandfather and actions like that are painful.