Are everyone writing off Australia too early for the WC?

maniac

Just now, SK_IH said:

They are quality side but don't over rate them. 

Why not most of their players have won worldcup & they are not chokers. England haven't done it. I will keep them at #2 and maybe one of england/india at #1 in terms of winning chances.

Just now, Nikola said:

Why not most of their players have won worldcup & they are not chokers. England haven't done it. I will keep them at #2 and maybe one of england/india at #1 in terms of winning chances.

Eng smashed the side you posted in Aus last year. And I still back Ind to beat them in WC, they are not unbeatable stuff.

But I agree with overall ranking of them 2nd -3rd favs

5 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Eng smashed the side you posted in Aus last year. And I still back Ind to beat them in WC, they are not unbeatable stuff.

But I agree with overall ranking of them 2nd -3rd favs

That was tired aus side after playing ashes & other series came directly after sandpaper series. Australia comes back to their best when worldcup is close. Even though England is way strong batting lineup i think Australia will equal them in worldcup because they have done it before while england have choked many times.

Edited by Nikola
Just now, Nikola said:

That was tired aus side after playing ashes & other series came directly after sandpaper series. Australia comes back to their best when worldcup is close. Even though England is way strong batting lineup i think Australia will equal them in worldcup because they have done it before while england have choked many times.

I think overall it's good for the WC to have a strong Aus side but I don't think they gonna win this time.

Aussies looking scary as *. My tryst with cricket WC began with the 1996 edition, then I didn't know much about the sport especially the LBW rule LOL. Between them and now, it took an Aravinda masterclass and an ATG partnership between UV-Raina to stop them from sweeping every single WC. Again this year it will take something special to deny them a 6th crown. Even if they don't win the whole thing, I think the eventual winner will have to go past them in SF or F in a clash for the ages. 

Edited by Gollum
53 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Aussies looking scary as *. My tryst with cricket WC began with the 1996 edition, then I didn't know much about the sport especially the LBW rule LOL. Between them and now, it took an Aravinda masterclass and an ATG partnership between UV-Raina to stop them from sweeping every single WC. Again this year it will take something special to deny them a 6th crown. Even if they don't win the whole thing, I think the eventual winner will have to go past them in SF or F in a clash for the ages. 

They haven't lost a SF ever in 40+ years IIRC, their worst result in a SF is the 1999 tie :adore:

Here to say a thumbs up to Pat Cummins. Have been watching him since the tour to India. Comes across as putting all his effort every time. Pulls the team out of difficult situations. Toils hard and believes in himself. Can open the bowling and even bowl one change. 

Makes full use of his batting skills, ODI or tests. Good fielder too. And goes about his work silently. No airs. No overt reactions.

Either Oz will win their 6th WC or a team will have to go through them to win the trophy like SL 1996, Ind 2011. Presently I don't see any team that can challenge them in SF/F stage. They have never lost a WC SF and in summit clashes it took ATG performances to beat them. Leaning towards a 6th crown for the greatest cricket nation.

Edited by Gollum

Finch back to form. Warner and Smith raring to exorcise demons .. khwaja and handscomb for stability,Maxwell, stoinis and the new guy fir finishing, Cummins,starc,zampa, Richardson .. their unit is super lethal... They seem more complete than England. 

India looks the weakest of em all. Bumrah and kuldeep need to have super magical world cup for us to have any chances of reaching semis.

Edited by prasen82