Who were the most elegant or stylish of all batsmen of all ??

Who was the most elegant or stylish of all batsmen?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wast the most elegant or stylish of all batsmen?

• Zaheer Abbas
    • Mohammad Azharuddin
    • David Gower
    • Mark Waugh
    • Rohan Kanhai
    • Gundappa Vishwanath
    • Martin Crowe
    • V.V.S.Laxman
    • Alvin Kalicharan
    • Brian Lara
    • Frank Worrell
    • Lawrence Rowe
    • Greg Chappell
    • Rahul Dravid
    • Mahela Jayewardene
    • Vijay Manjrekar
    • Majid Khan
    • Sachin Tendulkar
    • Ted Dexter
    • Mohammad Yousuf

Whenever the word "Stylish" and "Elegant" will be used for batting, no one should forget VVS Laxman.

His drives were some of the most elegant shots seen. He indeed was elegant. One of the most actually by far. During 2007 tour, UK commies were in awe of how well he was timing. Shastri, as a commentator was pretty good at defining Laxman's batting when he was at the crease. 

Laxman to me is right up there. Like many experts have said "Very easy to the eyes"

They say some players make it look easy, Laxman really made batting look easy with his elegant drives. 

@Harsh Thakor what is your experience in watching cricket? Since which year have you been following cricket? Did you read a lot of cricketer biographies? Did you actually saw/heard on live radio these pre-80s cricketers and their gameplay? Or are you making assumptions from Cricinfo articles - meaning is it second hand analysis from someone else's research or experience.

For example can you say the strengths and weaknesses of Rohan kanhai Vs David Gower. Can you give any information which is not easily found on the internet.

My intention is not to bully you, but the rest of us need to know if the op making these threads actually knows what he is talking about.

Tell us about your cricket watching background.

9 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

@Harsh Thakor what is your experience in watching cricket? Since which year have you been following cricket? Did you read a lot of cricketer biographies? Did you actually saw/heard on live radio these pre-80s cricketers and their gameplay? Or are you making assumptions from Cricinfo articles - meaning is it second hand analysis from someone else's research or experience.

For example can you say the strengths and weaknesses of Rohan kanhai Vs David Gower. Can you give any information which is not easily found on the internet.

My intention is not to bully you, but the rest of us need to know if the op making these threads actually knows what he is talking about.

Tell us about your cricket watching background.

I don't know his background but he is  pretty much on money with his choices . It's something I could say yeah I could go with that . 

I know there is a lot of hate for Azhar for what he did and rightfully so but Azhar was the most unique and elegant and was exciting to watch on song. Pretty much a style that will never be duplicated.

Also 3  other options missing here that I thought were very elegant are

Saeed Anwar, Stephen Fleming (very underrated) and Sehwag. 

People overlook Sehwag because he played slam-bang but he had some of the beautiful drives and his use of feet against spinners was something else and also his straight hitting in the V.

I never found Dravid elegant. More Workman like.