Modi may not be able to change india , but he is the right person to save us from Congress/Rahul !!!

velu

8 minutes ago, Pollack said:

General day-to-day purpose language if you live in your home state should be your mother tongue, English for education and hindi as national language (sorry South indians your opposition to hindi sounds more out of insecurity than logic).

Hindi is not a national language. 

22 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Let's see, all central exams have an option to write in Hindi. So who will mostly benefit out of this scheme? 

Let's not even go there. Who the phuck are you to force others to learn Hindi. Do you think this is the reason why people voted for you? 

You see, other day when I was travelling in a train, I saw lot of poor Rajastanis cooking food on a railway platform here in Karnataka. It's obvious they have come looking for jobs here. So instead of focusing on these issues, our lauda politicians are busy imposing Hindi on others at the cost of local languages. It's only delusional if you think this is going to unite us. 

It only unites or divides us if you think language is such a big deal - for me it isn't. Hindi is enough to communicate in about a third of all states, English in the other third. if you're hung up on regional politics & language in Karnataka - where does that lead the rest of us? Use state elections for these issues, national elections should be voted based on a greater purpose. Though I will add that BJP hasn't done anywhere near as they promised especially wrt corruption. The part about petty regional parties still holds true, they've rarely done anything good for India long term.

Edited by R!TTER

40 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I know :phew: , but it should be. 

Dream on. :finger:

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

Its laughable to see the posters opposing the idea of regional parties, while silently rooting for them. What is BJP or Congress then, if not a glorified regional party? 

Suppose if we vote for Yediyurappa, do you think he will have the power to bring in the necessary change for the benefit of Karnataka people. No, that's decided by the party leaders, who have mostly come from a particular region and they come with their own agendas.

It's clear where Modi's loyalties lie from his pro-Hindi policies. This rat don't give a sh!t about other languages and culture, as long as his people get benefit out of it, and they are quick to label others anti-nationals. I am so looking forward to the upcoming elections. 

Let's send this mofo back to his tea stalls. 

This is a truth that needs to be said. Bjp and Congress are glorified Northern regional parties ONLY. Hell they both got their asses kicked in Delhi itself in the state elections.

Hell even in the North (UP, Bihar and West Bengal where there are nearly 150+ constituencies)  belong to regional parties. So where does this false notion of national party comes to stand on merit??. How many people here think that either Congress or BJP can win most of the seats in these three states without any alliances from the regional parties there?. Stop kidding yourselves.

Even now only with alliances both Congress and BJP can at max get some 20-30 seats in the south. It is time the regional parties start giving the finger to both of them.

Edited by Stan AF

31 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

It only unites or divides us if you think language is such a big deal - for me it isn't. Hindi is enough to communicate in about a third of all states, English in the other third. if you're hung up on regional politics & language in Karnataka - where does that lead the rest of us?

If language is not such a big deal, then why are these so called National parties are hung up on doing language politics. If people prefer English over Hindi, as their second language, then it's their choice. 

31 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Use state elections for these issues, national elections should be voted based on a greater purpose.

What if the central party indulges itself in destroying the native language, like it's happening in the north eastern India? South India will be next if we are not careful. Then people will have no choice to rely on their regional parties, no matter how petty they are. The so called national parties need to first get their priorities right. 

Edited by Lannister

20 minutes ago, velu said:

nah .. in another 20 years whole south india will speak bihari :p:

bihari will replace hindi

Bollywood should officially induct malloo, Tamil and Telugu stars. Current strategy of "directors" only is big fail.

Yes Kanadigaas can be ignored :dance: That guy named Shetty does surgical strikes in my ears each time he spaeks

Edited by mishra

Linguistic identity is as important as religion because of our history. Hell in our immediate neighborhood we had a war over this and our enemy country broke into 2 pieces, Muslims fought against Muslims when one side tried to impose its will on the other side. In Sri Lanka language difference played a big part in almost splitting their country. Learn from the mistakes of others and take everyone along. I respect the Southies for loving their language, nothing to suggest they will take an anti-national stance because of language. As long as it doesn't come in the way of loyalty to the country I am fine. Why I have issues with Muslims is because I doubt their loyalty and future aspirations. 

Voting in national elections should not be based on matters like language, state aspirations etc. Look at the larger picture like defence, internal security, foreign affairs, economy, institutions, corruption etc. Have grievances with Modi/BJP take the bhadaas out in local elections if you feel you have a better alternative. But if you think Pappu/JDidi/Stalin sitting in PM chair is good for the country you are wrong. 

Edited by Gollum

24 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Linguistic identity is as important as religion because of our history. Hell in our immediate neighborhood we had a war over this and our enemy country broke into 2 pieces, Muslims fought against Muslims when one side tried to impose its will on the other side. In Sri Lanka language difference played a big part in almost splitting their country. Learn from the mistakes of others and take everyone along. I respect the Southies for loving their language, nothing to suggest they will take an anti-national stance because of language. As long as it doesn't come in the way of loyalty to the country I am fine. Why I have issues with Muslims is because I doubt their loyalty and future aspirations. 

Think you have the wrong meaning for anti-nationals. India, as a country, does not stand with one language or religion, otherwise it will lose its purpose. The ones who oppose such idea are the weeds that need to be rooted out, like your idol. 

8 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Think you have the wrong meaning for anti-nationals.

I never spelt my meaning/definition of anti-nationals in my post. From where did you get that?

India, as a country, does not stand with one language or religion, otherwise it will lose its purpose.

When/where have I denied that?

The ones who oppose such idea are the weeds that need to be rooted out, like your idol. 

I don't idolize politicians, so stop making stuff up. I have preferences and generally side with the least problematic options. Weeds who need to be rooted out are the likes of Mamata, communists, Stalin etc.

Edited by Gollum

29 minutes ago, Lannister said:

I respect the Southies for loving their language, nothing to suggest they will take an anti-national stance because of language.

Then what is this that you have written here. :lol: 

I do believe you stay in B'lore right? 

2 hours ago, Pollack said:

What dream? It's good if we can unite under one language. If not it's unfortunate. Not like I am losing sleep over it. Get over your insecurities. 

Why should we unite under one language?. Why not english and regional languages?

And who gets to decide what language that should be?

And who are you to say that we need to unite under one language?

You get over your BS. 

Just now, Lannister said:

Then what is this that you have written here. :lol: 

I do believe you stay in B'lore right? 

What wrong have I written? I said just because they speak a different language doesn't mean they will be prone to anti-national activities. I was hinting at an earlier poster who said that Southies are playing divisive politics by talking about language issues. I think you misunderstood my post. 

14 minutes ago, Gollum said:

What wrong have I written? I said just because they speak a different language doesn't mean they will be prone to anti-national activities. I was hinting at an earlier poster who said that Southies are playing divisive politics by talking about language issues. I think you misunderstood my post. 

It sounded differently. I believe you are from Kolkata who is pursuing his education or making a living in b'lore. I just hope you are just an exception in this thinking, otherwise South Indians have a lot to think about in the coming days. 

Enjoy your stay. :lol:

Edited by Lannister

2 hours ago, Lannister said:

It sounded differently.

Like what?

I believe you are from Kolkata who is pursuing his education or making a living in b'lore. I just hope you are just an exception in this thinking, otherwise South Indians have a lot to think about in the coming days. 

What thinking?

I am from Bengal and also 1/2 Southie. So plenty of Southie relatives, what should they think about?

And yeah I have spent time in Bengaluru just like many other cities as part of work/studies, all Central Govt institutions.  

Edited by Gollum

21 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Why should we unite under one language?. Why not english and regional languages?

And who gets to decide what language that should be?

And who are you to say that we need to unite under one language?

You get over your BS. 

I believe English should be the best option for national language. The various kingdoms of India were united by the British into one nation. That's why it says Union of India in your passport. Also English is an easy language to master compared to Hindi and other languages of India. I have no problem understanding Hindi as I was born in Delhi and stayed there for a few years before moving to Chennai. I can listen to DD samachar and understand it :lol:. Any variations and slang I would be stumped.

But to say everyone south of the vindhyas must learn Hindi is going to be difficult because most of us didnt grow up learning it. Even CBSE students who study hindi are only as good as me. Also lets face it, the southern languages and the northern languages are as different as Germanic languages and Latin. You could find some Latin in Germanic languages especially English but that is due to invasions from Romans and Normans. They have buried their hatches and become the most progressive nations in the last few centuries.

This hindi as a national language movement is done by northern politicians who dominated India starting with Congress and now BJP. Those regions were annexed by the Mughals into one empire before the British. Native languages like Bhojpuri etc were made extinct and Hindustani was made popular. Urdu and Hindi came from this. After 1947, congress understood that Hindi speaking states are more in number and can get an easier vote by talking in Hindi. This is also why those states are slow in growth because most of research done in science, technology, economics, management, politics, etc are published in English.  I hope BJP learns from Congress' mistake and stays away from this Hindi incursion pt.2