M.Prasidh is consistently bowling 145 kph to 150 kph in IPL 2019

16 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Just need control to bowl hard back of length balls again & again .

Kohli should not use him more than 2 overs in PP .

Use him in middle overs .

Prasidh is bowling lots of excellent top of off stump directed balls  / good length channel balls after the 20th over. Has done it 2 matches in a row. 

He must ask himself why he is bowling too full or too short with the new ball.

They were planning Prasidh's debut in late 2019 but he was injured ... 

An excerpt from a TOI article ... 

" Prasidh, though, wasn't picked for the Duleep Trophy in the 2019-20 season. "MSK Prasad was India's chief selector, he has been an old friend. When Karnataka was playing the Vijay Hazare Trophy final with Tamil Nadu in Bengaluru, he was there. I walked up to him and demanded the reason why Prasidh wasn't picked for the Duleep Trophy that season. I said, 'what man, he's not even good for Duleep Trophy?'" says Ravi.

"Prasad said, 'what are you talking about? Duleep Trophy? We were considering him for the matches against Bangladesh [the T20 International series in 2019]. But he is injured'. I was surprised. I went back and called up Prasidh. He said he had got a call but had to turn it down due to injury. Even Rohit [Sharma, who captained India in the T20I series] had expressed the desire to have him in the side," says Ravi.

Post injury, Krishna has worked on his fitness. So much so that during lockdown, he used his neighbour's garage to set up a station to do fitness, the fast bowler had told IANS on Friday.

It is all paying off now. "

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/england-in-india/when-prasidh-krishna-insisted-no-sir-i-am-a-fast-bowler/amp_articleshow/81675164.cms

19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

They were planning Prasidh's debut in late 2019 but he was injured ... 

An excerpt from a TOI article ... 

" Prasidh, though, wasn't picked for the Duleep Trophy in the 2019-20 season. "MSK Prasad was India's chief selector, he has been an old friend. When Karnataka was playing the Vijay Hazare Trophy final with Tamil Nadu in Bengaluru, he was there. I walked up to him and demanded the reason why Prasidh wasn't picked for the Duleep Trophy that season. I said, 'what man, he's not even good for Duleep Trophy?'" says Ravi.

"Prasad said, 'what are you talking about? Duleep Trophy? We were considering him for the matches against Bangladesh [the T20 International series in 2019]. But he is injured'. I was surprised. I went back and called up Prasidh. He said he had got a call but had to turn it down due to injury. Even Rohit [Sharma, who captained India in the T20I series] had expressed the desire to have him in the side," says Ravi.

Post injury, Krishna has worked on his fitness. So much so that during lockdown, he used his neighbour's garage to set up a station to do fitness, the fast bowler had told IANS on Friday.

It is all paying off now. "

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/england-in-india/when-prasidh-krishna-insisted-no-sir-i-am-a-fast-bowler/amp_articleshow/81675164.cms

if rohit says he is good then he must be truly special. Rohit basically found bumrah. 

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

Prasidh is bowling lots of excellent top of off stump directed balls  / good length channel balls after the 20th over. Has done it 2 matches in a row. 

He must ask himself why he is bowling too full or too short with the new ball.

Happens . I think was it Allan donald who had trouble with for several years and then started as one change in ODIs ?

TM should make good use of his bowling. Since he has yet to gain control over length consistently , better to use when you have cover in boundary line .

9 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Happens . I think was it Allan donald who had trouble with for several years and then started as one change in ODIs ?

TM should make good use of his bowling. Since he has yet to gain control over length consistently , better to use when you have cover in boundary line .

Prasidh is controlling his length rather well from his 2nd spell onwards.

Which is why it is better to use him as the first change bowler tomorrow.

Do not understand this bowler . Bowled so well in later spells in previous match and today was not repeating the same things when situation was begging for it. 

Does he not know what is strength in bowling?  So much confusion . 

There was not that much pressure once Buttler got out , could have controlled better. 

10 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Do not understand this bowler . Bowled so well in later spells in previous match and today was not repeating the same things when situation was begging for it. 

Does he not know what is strength in bowling?  So much confusion . 

There was not that much pressure once Buttler got out , could have controlled better. 

Why were the seniors not telling him to attempt yorkers ? Why did the bowling coach not tell him before the match to try yorkers when he is being attacked ?

This part is baffling too. 

He should be integral part of test bowling lineup in future. Don't judge fast bowlers based on this flat decks. I am just unhappy about the fact he is another one dimensional crickter coming through. He is hopeless batsman & worthless fielder. Need to improve the fielding bit.

I think he is someone who replace Ishant in the test squad. 

Just now, express bowling said:

Why were the seniors not telling him to attempt yorkers ? Why did the bowling coach not tell him before the match to try yorkers when he is being attacked ?

This part is baffling too. 

Why does he need anyone to tell him what to do? He's been bowling a while now and knows his skills better than anyone. 

Poor bowler - not yet international standard. 

38 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Why does he need anyone to tell him what to do? He's been bowling a while now and knows his skills better than anyone. 

Poor bowler - not yet international standard. 

Most youngsters need to be guided in their early years.

Remember how Imran used to talk to Wasim and Waqar whenever they bowled wrong deliveries.

Our problem is that we are too quick to write off promising youngsters while singing paeans of aging superstars who are past their best years and still hanging on.

Promising youngsters need to be given long ropes.

Edited by express bowling
40 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

He should be integral part of test bowling lineup in future. Don't judge fast bowlers based on this flat decks. I am just unhappy about the fact he is another one dimensional crickter coming through. He is hopeless batsman & worthless fielder. Need to improve the fielding bit.

I think he is someone who replace Ishant in the test squad. 

I am hopeful about his white ball career because of his cracking yorker.

He is not a bad fielder at all. Today everyone was having issues with dew.

Edited by express bowling

Prasidh did not look 100% fit y'day. Was struggling with his rhythm and run up. Hope it's just a niggle. He did bowl flat out in the first two ODIs, would have taken a toll on his body.

Plus the dropped catch did not help his confidence. 

Overall a very good start in a high scoring series. The TM should invest in him and not dump when the regulars return.