WC squad selected, DK n Jaddu selected.....no rayudu, pant

1 minute ago, bowl_out said:

That's because he is three dimensional :laugh:

On a serious note, you can't have a whole squad with players that have played less than 10 matches..  The selectors placed their bet on Shankar. That was it.

I have absolutely no issue with Shankar's selection. If possible i would play Shankar in place of Jadhav who somehow nobody criticizes. 50% of the time he gets out before 15 balls. Why is he better? He is such a horrible fielder to boot with. As it is Kohli has to hide 8 fielders.  Shankar is one of the better one who can even extract bounce with his height like he did today against Faf duplessis.  He has a decent technique. He can hit sixes as he has proved. 

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

They should have given guy like Iyer a consistent run instead of that bozo Biryani.He is a batsman who has some ability

My problem is his on the up shots through the line he does in India. JUst set a cover and extra cover he will eventually hole out. Also very vulnerable outside the off stump. I would have preferred Agarwal or GIll.

7 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

My problem is his on the up shots through the line he does in India. JUst set a cover and extra cover he will eventually hole out. Also very vulnerable outside the off stump. I would have preferred Agarwal or GIll.

Gill is too young, I am not impressed with Iyer but either him or Aggrawal as I suggested in earlier post should have been given more chances. This team is too light in batting.240 will be match winning score if top three fail.Giving Chances to DK or Rayudu instead of some youngsters was ridiculous from 2017.

Edited by putrevus
23 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I have absolutely no issue with Shankar's selection. If possible i would play Shankar in place of Jadhav who somehow nobody criticizes. 50% of the time he gets out before 15 balls. Why is he better? He is such a horrible fielder to boot with. As it is Kohli has to hide 8 fielders.  Shankar is one of the better one who can even extract bounce with his height like he did today against Faf duplessis.  He has a decent technique. He can hit sixes as he has proved. 

Agree. I really like the combination where Rahul plays at 4 and Shankar at 5/6. 

If Rahul plays 4, Shankar plays 5, Dhoni 6 and Pandya 7, that somehow looks like a more stable line up..

Also,  Dhoni at 6 will hopefully look to play shots instead of "consolidating"

8 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

karthik, vijay shankar and jaddu are wrong selections.

Karthik- history proves that he is not a msd replacement , having said that even pant is not a ready wicket keeper but in batting he can be a game changer and playing him can make u win the match so MSD if unfit, i would have played rishabh. rishabh and karthik are equally bad in keeping and i would have better on rishabh.

VJ Shankar is definitely not good enuf to be INDIA's no 4 - shreyas Iyer was the best bet, VJ  Shankar is not a 3-dimensional player, his batting is OK not as good as raydu/manish/shreyas/kedar jadhav, his bowling sucks big time and his fielding is better than raydu but still average, raydu as fielder is Poor.

jaddu does not do well in england , fields well ,may not play but just field as extra..then its OK

vijay shankar is a better batsman then iyer , dnt go on IPL. When he was batting with kohli against aus he was looking far better then kohli and thats not easy to do

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I have absolutely no question about his 120% committment and desire to win. Hope he carries his intensity and spreads across the team.

The only hope is bowling for this team Hope the bowling keeps them in all matches. The batting is very very weak.

8 hours ago, The Dark Horse said:

Pant has one gear. No matter what the pitch is, what length the bowler is bowling, what the target is...his approach is the same. Can't believe the hype here on ICF.

Why do you want him to have different gears. Did Sehwag have any different gears.He has played just handful of odis. I can accept if more talented or players with more upside had been selected. How is DK better than Pant? Didn't he lose his WK role in tests to Pant.

DK's SR is 75, how is DK better than Pant.