Will Rohit turn the page in the WC?

zen

44 minutes ago, maniac said:

Kohli was dropped multiple times throughout England and SA series. While whole world is going crazy on how he is an ATG, let’s say he is the luckiest player of all time by the same logic.

I wouldn't remotely call this a lucky innings. It is not even a clear cut chance. For someone like Chahal that ball would be miles away lol In helpful spicy bouncy conditions you will find a way to get out if you are not good enough. Rohit looked the most comfortable out there. KOhli had a bit of struggle. Dhawan was fending off too. Eventually feathered one. That one over where he took Rabada apart changed the complexion of the chase.

Let's leave aside the 2 extremes of maniac and opposite-maniac(zen), and give Brohit due credit for his batting in Game 1.  Yes, he had his slices of luck, especially early on.  You'd expect Fafdu to take that catch in the slips 8 times out of 10, if not more.  As it is, Rohit survived and then went on to win the game for India.  Love him or hate him - that's what he did.

This WC, the pampered princes who get to bat in the top 3 for Team India, should be expected to make winning contributions in at least 3 games.  That isn't too much to ask out of a minimum of 10 games that the team is expected to play.  A 30% success rate is eminently reasonable to expect from these prima donnas who get the luxury of "taking their time", "getting their eye in" etc etc.

Rohit has opened his account, and done the job for one game.  Virat and Dhawan are yet to open their account.  Let's see how they go from here. 

Oh, and if I had to pick one batsman who can really take on the Aus pace attack on Sunday - not just survive or get past, but take on, its going to have to be Rohit.  He's the one guy who's most comfortable and capable of making Aus pay for pitching it short.  Think back to that famous semi-final win in the 2007 T20 WC - Yuvraj came in and absolutely smoked the ball out of the park, every time Aus tried to pitch it short - while the likes of Sehwag were sent back to the pavilion.   Even the 2010 T20 WC, which I had the good (and bad) fortune to watch live - Rohit was the one guy who manned up on the typically bouncy Kensington Oval track. 

So all Indian fans, whether you are in the maniac  camp or the zen-camp - you'd better hope that VadaPav boi comes to the party for us on Sunday.  Because if he doesn't, it could go pear-shaped pretty quick. 

Edited by sandeep
1 hour ago, sandeep said:

This WC, the pampered princes who get to bat in the top 3 for Team India, should be expected to make winning contributions in at least 3 games.  That isn't too much to ask out of a minimum of 10 games that the team is expected to play.  A 30% success rate is eminently reasonable to expect from these prima donnas who get the luxury of "taking their time", "getting their eye in" etc etc.

I would say in at least 2 out of 6 games (Aus, Eng, NZ, Pak, SA, and WI). 

11 hours ago, maniac said:

Kohli was dropped multiple times throughout England and SA series. While whole world is going crazy on how he is an ATG, let’s say he is the luckiest player of all time by the same logic.

Word. People have different parameters for their favorites and non-favorites.

18 hours ago, maniac said:

I don't think u can be neutral if ur comparing Kohli's luck across 2 very challenging series & conditions with the red ball and an army of quicks compared to Rohit's 1 odi inning.

There is a reason Kohli is worshipped across formats while Rohit isn't considered good enough to play test cricket. Greats give far lesser chances than good or ordinary players.

Edited by Clarke
7 minutes ago, Clarke said:

I don't think u can be neutral if ur comparing Kohli's luck across 2 very challenging series & conditions with the red ball and an army of quicks compared to Rohit's 1 odi inning.

There is a reason Kohli is worshipped across formats while Rohit isn't considered good enough to play test cricket. Greats give far lesser chances than good or ordinary players.

Are you playing dumb on purpose? How did you miss the context of what I was saying?

I have said multiple times before that Kohli is the undisputed no.1 and even above Rohit. Obviously let’s not let context and logic  get in the way of everything else.

Edited by maniac
5 hours ago, maniac said:

Are you playing dumb on purpose? How did you miss the context of what I was saying?

I have said multiple times before that Kohli is the undisputed no.1 and even above Rohit. Obviously let’s not let context and logic  get in the way of everything else.

I'm not playing anything, it's you who endlessly trolls and then tries to inject logic in your hero worship, facts be damned. 

You shouldn't be bringing up Kohli's masterclass while trying to glorify boy wonder's century against a weak SA. It's like a Buick lover claiming that even the Ferrari F1 car breaks down. Its a different ball park dumbfeck, your dubba isn't good enough to run on the ultimate track, don't bother with the comparisons.

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

I'm not playing anything, it's you who endlessly trolls and then tries to inject logic in your hero worship, facts be damned. 

You shouldn't be bringing up Kohli's masterclass while trying to glorify boy wonder's century against a weak SA. It's like a Buick lover claiming that even the Ferrari F1 car breaks down. Its a different ball park dumbfeck, your dubba isn't good enough to run on the ultimate track, don't bother with the comparisons.

Abbey duffer as I said above you can’t start counting drop catches and luck as a factor to put down “any” innings that won you the game in the end .

A drop catch or a bad umpiring decision is not luck it is incompetence of the person responsible for it.

What comparison? I am saying you can start putting down each and every batting  performance including  Kohli if that’s the direction one wants to go in as an example for having a string of drop catches in his favor recently .

I am in fact praising him for  keeping his head down and doing his job regardless of the multiple chances. May be it’s not getting through to you so will try with all caps I AM NOT PUTTING DOWN KOHLI’S PERFORMANCE INFACT USING IT TO COMPLIMENT MY POINT.

Who the fk is making this about Rohit vs Kohli?

Very appropriate use of the word dumbfeck in this context in your post. Just misplaced. 

Edited by maniac
8 hours ago, maniac said:

Abbey duffer as I said above you can’t start counting drop catches and luck as a factor to put down “any” innings that won you the game in the end .

A drop catch or a bad umpiring decision is not luck it is incompetence of the person responsible for it.

What comparison? I am saying you can start putting down each and every batting  performance including  Kohli if that’s the direction one wants to go in as an example for having a string of drop catches in his favor recently .

I am in fact praising him for  keeping his head down and doing his job regardless of the multiple chances. May be it’s not getting through to you so will try with all caps I AM NOT PUTTING DOWN KOHLI’S PERFORMANCE INFACT USING IT TO COMPLIMENT MY POINT.

Who the fk is making this about Rohit vs Kohli?

Very appropriate use of the word dumbfeck in this context in your post. Just misplaced. 

They can't be ignored altogether by the astute observer. It's not a measure of the utility of the knock or player contribution but the measure of player quality if deciphered in an unbiased manner.

In your attention whoring & blind worship you will obviously come up with these idiotic standards and comparisons, include this metric but ignore that and then whine if someone calls them out. But then one shouldn't be surprised given your ghise pite threads beating the same dead horse. I'm actually surprised your other IDs haven't been pressed into service to agree with you. 

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

Typical hate. Bring down the cricketer as soon as he shows a dip in form in one or two series and then disappear when the normal match winning innings are played. Wonder what does someone gets from all of this and how does one manages so much time for such things.

We call it clutching at straws. Tendu got like 4 lives (all straight forward chances) during his 86 against Pakistan. Razzaq missed a toughie (compared to tis drop that is a dollie) on his way to 98 in 2003 world cup match against Pakistan.  In conditions like this you need a bit of luck. In this case Faf barely got there. Rest of them fell safely infront or no man's land. ONly real chance came after he reached 100.

10 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

We call it clutching at straws. Tendu got like 4 lives (all straight forward chances) during his 86 against Pakistan. Razzaq missed a toughie (compared to tis drop that is a dollie) on his way to 98 in 2003 world cup match against Pakistan.  In conditions like this you need a bit of luck. In this case Faf barely got there. Rest of them fell safely infront or no man's land. ONly real chance came after he reached 100.

How many chancelss tons are scored and who has scored them in 2019?. Even in test matches people need atleast one dropped catch or wrong decision or missed stumping or missed runout to score a ton. Out of 100 ODI tons I guess the average life per 100 would be atleast 2 per 100.

These events are part and parcel of match and hence should not be held against cricketers acheivements. If there are 4 or 5 dropped catches or other such events in a ton then it could be said it's a bad innings.

Anyways what matter is he scored a match winning 100 and was rightly adjudged Player of the match. He is the 7th highest run scorer in this WC. Note that all above him have playes 3 matches