Westindies A vs India A in westindies : July -August 2019 : 5 Un -Official ODI & 3 Un-Official Tests

5 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

I respectfully disagree. Just random balls without context still don't tell the entire story. He has never bowled a consistent line and length in any of his spells. We want guys like Shami and Bumrah who are consistent rather than wayward bowlers like Yadav and Siraj

You have to bowl good line and length to take wickets. Shami is similar to Siraj, not the most consistent in line and length but takes wickets. Shami has high ER and isn't a consistent line and length bowler but knows how to take wickets. Also you don't get ready made bowlers.  Also Siraj averages 20 in FC cricket which likes of Yadav never did. Not even Shami.

Edited by rkt.india
6 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

I respectfully disagree. Just random balls without context still don't tell the entire story. He has never bowled a consistent line and length in any of his spells. We want guys like Shami and Bumrah who are consistent rather than wayward bowlers like Yadav and Siraj

And yet has a FC bowling average which no other Indian pacer has had? 

15 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

Look at the purchase West Indies bowlers are getting. Siraj looked toothless...

On first day,pitch had moisture as told by Badree in pitch report;therefore,ball was moving slow after pitching.As the moisture evaporated,it became quicker and bounce became steep,then, pacers including Siraj started getting wickets.Siraj is only Ind-A bowler who can bowl 20 overs with same intensity.Also,he is most consistent Ind-A pacer for last one year or so.Currently,Siraj and Saini are best options for test team.

10 hours ago, vaul said:

On first day,pitch had moisture as told by Badree in pitch report;therefore,ball was moving slow after pitching.As the moisture evaporated,it became quicker and bounce became steep,then, pacers including Siraj started getting wickets.Siraj is only Ind-A bowler who can bowl 20 overs with same intensity.Also,he is most consistent Ind-A pacer for last one year or so.Currently,Siraj and Saini are best options for test team.

Sandeep warrier has been outstanding throughout.  He is probably one of the finest hit the deck kind of bowler available in India now. That out swinger or leg cutter he possess is really mean one. lost count of times he beat the bat both in the first innings where he was really unlucky with two clear dropped catches. He just probes in the corridor of uncertainty with real consistency. Finally he is getting his long overdue opportunities. The key to his success the last tow seasons has been his fitness. He looks lean and mean now. Highly under rated pacer. Still Wonder how Umesh Yadav get selected to the test team ahead of the likes of Saini, Warrier & Avesh. (To me thats the pecking order of three best available fast bowling talents outside the Indian team now judged by their past two seasons performance and consistency wise). Right from the England tour it was celarly obvious that Umesh yadav was on a decline. His pace these days seems to be  in the range of mid 130 with an occasional 139/139 delivery. Only the Indian Selectors and the protective Indian team management seems oblivious to this fact. The causality of all this is that someone like Saini is going through the same situation like Javagal srinath went through where his induction to the test team got delayed for almost two years. To me Saini is a red hot red ball bowler now and he should be in the test match set up now instead of the one day setup. His bowling during the India A v/s Australia A test series was just outstanding. He out bowled the Aussie seamers by generating some serious pace allied with searching reverse swing, which i think is his strength.

13 minutes ago, ksaoman said:

Sandeep warrier has been outstanding throughout.  He is probably one of the finest hit the deck kind of bowler available in India now. That out swinger or leg cutter he possess is really mean one. lost count of times he beat the bat both in the first innings where he was really unlucky with two clear dropped catches. He just probes in the corridor of uncertainty with real consistency. Finally he is getting his long overdue opportunities. The key to his success the last tow seasons has been his fitness. He looks lean and mean now. Highly under rated pacer. Still Wonder how Umesh Yadav get selected to the test team ahead of the likes of Saini, Warrier & Avesh. (To me thats the pecking order of three best available fast bowling talents outside the Indian team now judged by their past two seasons performance and consistency wise). Right from the England tour it was celarly obvious that Umesh yadav was on a decline. His pace these days seems to be  in the range of mid 130 with an occasional 139/139 delivery. Only the Indian Selectors and the protective Indian team management seems oblivious to this fact. The causality of all this is that someone like Saini is going through the same situation like Javagal srinath went through where his induction to the test team got delayed for almost two years. To me Saini is a red hot red ball bowler now and he should be in the test match set up now instead of the one day setup. His bowling during the India A v/s Australia A test series was just outstanding. He out bowled the Aussie seamers by generating some serious pace allied with searching reverse swing, which i think is his strength.

Umesh is a real bad selection outside SC.