Mayank to replace Vijay Shankar

25 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Who was he supposed to play in last two years ??? 

The current squad members. Who else. Rahul, Pant, DK and Shankar were all drafted in just before the start of the tournament. Is this how you plan for the world cup? 

3 minutes ago, Lannister said:

The current squad members. Who else. Rahul, Pant, DK and Shankar were all drafted in just before the start of the tournament. Is this how you plan for the world cup? 

How many matches a guy like Rahul needs, he has been playing international cricket for over six years.Mayank Aggrawal came from India and did better than Rahul in tests.Stop blaming captain for everything.

Players like Rahul and Shankar even if they play 100 matches will remain useless.There is something called ability also.

58 minutes ago, putrevus said:

That is utter nonsense,I would take this version of  Dhoni over useless mental midget KLR everyday.All your suggestions are filled with what ifs.

Hitting three boundaries against Australia does not make him better option at no4.KLR is one of the most lucky players and still he has not made use of all the chances he has gotten so far.Yesterday was perfect day for him to go for bang from ball one.

Atleast he didn't end up wasting lot of balls before getting out. While the leech Dhoni was sucking up the momentum when we needed 10 runs per over. 

I would gladly take Rahul coming in at Dhongi's position even when he is out of form. 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Rayudu,Saini,Khaleel were on the reserve list. Pandey and Iyer are discussed during selections but Mayank comes out of the blue. Not that I am complaining but bizarre selections 

I'm sure they have realised that they need solidity at number 4 as pant can't be at that number .Idea here is to get Mayank as opener and Rahul at 4 .I don't see any other reason of doing that..In that process pant will be dropped from playing xi ,as I doubt ,they will leave Jadhav ,which they should.

Edited by Stuge
1 minute ago, Lannister said:

Atleast he didn't end up wasting lot of balls before getting out. While the leech Dhoni was sucking up the momentum when we needed 10 runs per over. 

I would gladly take Rahul coming in at Dhongi's position even when he is out of form. 

No thanks I will take washed up Dhoni over that useless KLR anyday.As I know in a low scoring game Dhoni will win me the match if needed where as this mental midget KLR will screw that also.

KLR was one of the root causes for yesterday's loss.He set the scene with his stinky innings.

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

How many matches a guy like Rahul needs, he has been playing international cricket for over six years.Mayank Aggrawal came from India and did better than Rahul in tests.Stop blaming captain for everything.

Players like Rahul and Shankar even if they play 100 matches will remain useless.There is something called ability also.

No, Rahul has hardly played ODIs all his career and you need a different mindset to adjust to the format, which can be achieved only through experience. You are just spouting rubbish in your hate of Rahul. 

Just now, Lannister said:

No, Rahul has hardly played ODIs all his career and you need a different mindset to adjust to the format, which can be achieved only through experience. You are just spouting rubbish in your hate of Rahul. 

Congrats Lannister. Both Rahul and Mayank in the same squad. Now just replace Jadhav with Karun, Bhuvi with Prasidh and Chahal with Gopal and Jadeja with Krishnappa Gowtham :dance: 

2 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Correct. KL is perfectly suited to 4 and Dhoni on the flight home to India.

Just now, ravishingravi said:

Great choice for two reason. 1. Mayank is technically as sound as it gets in India right now.  He also has strong power game as he showed again Lyon in Australia.  2.  He seems to be mentally very strong. Again what we saw in Australia. 

Living in Australia, let me tell you to open the batting on boxing day in Australia is the most challenging and difficult task for any overseas batsmen, let alone a subcontinent player.

I would argue its almost on par with a WC Final.

1 minute ago, Lannister said:

Stop your nonsense, I don't hate Rahul. I just don't think he is any good.In his quest to convert himself to all format player he has lost his identity.

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

Congrats Lannister. Both Rahul and Mayank in the same squad. Now just replace Jadhav with Karun, Bhuvi with Prasidh and Chahal with Gopal and Jadeja with Krishnappa Gowtham :dance: 

It was possible when Kumble was the coach. That mothe' fuc' Kohli. 

By the way, I want Pandey to replace tuk-tuk Sharma. :giggle:

Edited by Lannister
1 minute ago, SRT100 said:

Living in Australia, let me tell you to open the batting on boxing day in Australia is the most challenging and difficult task for any overseas batsmen, let alone a subcontinent player.

I would argue its almost on par with a WC Final.

So true Mayank should have been in squad in the first place, he is brilliant in the field too.

17 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Stop your nonsense, I don't hate Rahul. I just don't think he is any good.In his quest to convert himself to all format player he has lost his identity.

Rahul has a higher ceiling in terms of talent than Kohli. Why should he be only limited to one format when hacks like Dhawan, Sharma, Dhoni and Rahane were playing in all three formats? You are not making any sense. 

I would play Mayank at no4 and Pant at no 5 followed by Dhoni and Hardik.Mayank looked the best batsman against spin in Australia too.He was the only batsman who used his feet against Lyon.Even in IPL he was compensating for KLR's slow starts.

Rahul if he has to be in playing eleven has to play as an opener.There is no need to shuffle him back to no4 .He needs to be given full license to go for it from ball one for rest of the world cup.

1 hour ago, prasen82 said:

I feel sorry for vijayshankar... seems a nice guy and not his fault that he got thrust so late.. everybody knows he is just pushed out in the last moment of the team.. it's like you have been fired from the only job you can get.. how embarrassing  it should be.. if he comes out of this , he is going to be superhuman..

I feel they have got maybank because they are not sure if KLR can recover fkr next match. So to preserve him have moved out Vijay Shankar.

Next match I feel there will be 3 replacements, maybank for KL, DK for Jadhav and Jadeja for chahal.

Jadeja will pick up cheap wickets against Bang and will screw us in semifinal.

6 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Rahul has a higher ceiling in terms of talent than Kohli. Why should he be only limited to one format when hacks like Dhawan, Sharma, Dhoni and Rahane were playing in all three formats? You are not making any sense. 

Will you shut you nonsense, higher ceiling than Kohli.Are you living in lala land, maybe there mental midgets like Rahul have higher ceiling than one of best players.

It is you who is not making any sense.Even Rahul will laugh at you nonsense.

Edited by putrevus