Moeen and Adil avoid haram

FischerTal

37 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Wat about weed/Hash ? Most of my Muslim friends had no  issues smoking up , but dint drink . Never got the logic . 

It's probably a cultural thing that has somehow evolved from the religion but makes no sense.

It's the same with smoking for Sikhs. Most will not do it and if they do if will be done very discreetly. However there is no problem with drinking copious amounts of alcohol even though the religion strictly forbids it.

12 hours ago, First class said:

There are different kind of mulslim, some very religious like Moeen and Rashid and majority either "moderate" or "liberal" which I think Zaheer and Munaf belonged to, hence were not "afraid" of alcohol. Its not uncommon to find muslims who drink alcohol, not just here in USA but in Pakistan also. Like all hindus are not vegetarian. 

Who told you hindus need to be vegetarian?

24 minutes ago, asterix said:

Drinking is quite common in Muslim society abliet in discreet...

How can you miss all the "Jaam & Saaki" Ghazals of yesteryears?

A lot of Nusrat Fateh ali Khan's compositions had lyrics about alcohol and intoxication in them.

5 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Who told you hindus need to be vegetarian?

non-abrahamic religions generally do not have strict set of rules like the abrahamic religions. Also people from non-abrahamic religions are generally not that religious and whatever little strict rules are there, they do not follow them.

There are no rules regarding diet in hinduism other than cow meat. Veg food is recommended in Ayurved for its health benefits. Only brahmans are supposed to be vegetarians but even most of the brahmans are not vegetarian now.

7 hours ago, asterix said:

Drinking is quite common in Muslim society abliet in discreet...

How can you miss all the "Jaam & Saaki" Ghazals of yesteryears?

The  rich Muslims normally do , it’s usually the middle class which follow the book blindly or under pressure to be a good Muslim. Known a few guys who changed completely after marriage 

7 hours ago, Ranvir said:

It's probably a cultural thing that has somehow evolved from the religion but makes no sense.

It's the same with smoking for Sikhs. Most will not do it and if they do if will be done very discreetly. However there is no problem with drinking copious amounts of alcohol even though the religion strictly forbids it.

Even Hindus follow lot of stupid practices which makes sense ( seriously it’s not fasting if you eat fruits all day ) , problem though is when you start preaching others about how you are a better person cos of this . Muslims tend to do this more than others , every one else has to accommodate be it for their prayers , their fasting , their halal meat etc etc 

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

You wouldn’t want the smell of what you are prohibited to drink do you? Imagine coming home with that smell and your kids see you wondering if you were up to no good. 

All it needs is a simple wash . Drinking it is prohibited , what’s the big deal about its smell . I would get if you just step aside , but running off like these two is OTT . 

30 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Well the smell of Alcohol is not very amusing. 

The smell of smoke is far worse and lingers for longer. I once made the mistake of buying a car from a smoker. No matter how many times I had it valeted I could never get rid of the godawful smell. 

6 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Smoking is harmful yes. However it does not make you lose control of your senses.

Smoking smell is bad too I agree. The difference is smoking is not prohibited to us. So having a smell of whats prohibited is not very good.

Normal cigarettes do not make you lose your senses but weed does.

The smell of smoke is far worse than alcohol in my opinion. I would rather sit next to a drunk than a smoker.

15 hours ago, beetle said:

Harbhajan's patka ( the funny hat) is like the beard is to moeen .

The alcohol is like cigarettes are to sikhs.

Are cigarettes specifically mentioned in Sikhs holy book as forbidden like alcohol in Quran?

6 hours ago, Aiden said:

Are cigarettes specifically mentioned in Sikhs holy book as forbidden like alcohol in Quran?

I don't know if it is mentioned but it is banned in the code of conduct.

There have been protests on showing sikh characters smoking in movies in the recent past.

7 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Well smoking is harmful regardless of faith. It should not be allowed for anyone to try it. But as far as I know its not considered haram. Does not mean people should do it and ruin there bodies.

I dislike both smells. There was a time where I was at a bar waiting for my customers food. I had to smell the smell of alcohol. I almost felt like I was gonna die. The smell of a smoker is also very disgusting. I vowed to never be a smoker. 

do u work as bartender?

On 7/14/2019 at 11:58 PM, LordPrabhzy said:

2011 when India won the WC... during the presentation ceremony, im sure someone opened a champagne bottle to spray when the cup was handed to Dhoni and im also sure Zaheer Khan and Munaf Patel ( both Muslim) were present during this act and did not leave their team mates by running off because a bit of champagne was in the air. Now according to you if they are any less of a Muslim then maybe they dont need your validation. Maybe for them the thrill of their country winning the WC is above and beyond their religion. Same cant be said for Rashid or Moeen ( who dont sing the english national anthem and arent involved in the english cricket culture). This is just OTT cringe.

Mate your post is ridiculous and makes no sense. 

It's like saying Hindu's should be fine with people spraying minced beef over them.

It's their choice. I don't drink, not for religious reasons, but I wouldn't want to smell like champagne.

14 hours ago, Aiden said:

All forms of intoxication and drugs are banned in Sikhism. It's just that people look down on smoking much more than drinking.

Smoking is perceived as very dirty (probably due to the lingering smell) and ghatiya in the Sikh community. That's just the way it is.

Some funny posts in this thread along with some ridiculous thoughts, but at the end of the day it's a player's choice. If English county side wins a county championship and decides to to all eat beef all together, and then there is an Hindu guy in the team who decides to leave and not join the celebrations to avoid beef eating, would you say the same?

It's their choice.