Pres. Trump will be in attendance at 'Howdy Modi' event in Houston

Texy

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

the problem is like this.

are Hindus a significant voter grp that can swing certain states eitherway ? 

If not, Indian leaders should engage both the democrats and republicans..can put all eggs in one basket esp someone like Trump who is polarizing, there is so much anger on him , democrats might come in next --> Indian political leaders should engage Democrats and develop influence there. 

No Indians are not a significant enough group to make a difference.  Not yet.  It will take a good 20 more years to make a difference.

The difference could begin in NJ and possibly CA.

But for that GCs have to be processed faster and hopefully they go on to become citizens.

On 9/19/2019 at 12:25 PM, SecondSlip said:

Indians outnumber Pakistanis in every city of USA & Canada. 

i know that. but houston has relatively more pakistanis than other cities. pakstani  addas in USA - NYC, houston, chicago, dallas. thats it. 

in USA Pakistanis are nothing compared to Indians. in UK , pakistanis have big numbers but not in USA.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Freeloading comes naturally to most of them, same story in Canada, UK, Australia. First overbreed like rabbits and then squeeze the system dry as shameless bhikharis. Even in India same story, fukcers don't even donate their body organs but first in line to accept organs of kafirs. Then you get news stories like this...

Records show no organ donation from Telangana Muslims

Ever heard of an Organ Donor being abused by the Recipient? Unfortunately that just happened in India

Selfish qaum, inconsiderate qaum apart from other problems associated with a 7th century barbaric desert cult. 

What I wrote above comes under 'Islamophobia', so be it......I wear that as a badge of honor and never going to be PC about it :phehe:. Delete this post, ban me, close this thread, won't change the truth....and nobody can refute the above points. 

There are certain schools of Islamic jurisprudence that are of the opinion that the cadaver must not be tampered with.

Having said that, in the aftermath of the blasts in July 2011, Saifee Hospital was at the forefront of blood donation drive. Most of the donors happened to be from the same inconsiderate selfish quom that you speak about.

29 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

There are certain schools of Islamic jurisprudence that are of the opinion that the cadaver must not be tampered with.

Having said that, in the aftermath of the blasts in July 2011, Saifee Hospital was at the forefront of blood donation drive. Most of the donors happened to be from the same inconsiderate selfish quom that you speak about.

Not talking about blood donation, I am talking about organ donation. And yes, it is selfish and inconsiderate to refuse to donate organs but accept them when in need. Worldwide problem because some idiot scholars said so. 

Hindus donate, Sikhs donate, Christians donate their organs the maximum...if Muslims don't there is a fundamental problem with the qaum. Why this habit of take, take and not give? Even charities are confined to within the community, why so narrow minded? Can zakat be given to non-Muslims? Some from other religions deliberately discriminate but I don't see all of them looking at the religion of the recipients. Similarly why should only temples, puja pandals, gurudwaras and churches offer their spaces for prayers, does converse happen anywhere near the same extent? Are others obliged to host iftars while Muslims conduct theological discussions about whether to wish on Christmas, Diwali. Inflexibility and a refusal to engage positively with others outside the community are hallmarks, don't you agree? Some Bengali Muslim communities construct pandals, then there is Amarnath yatra with Muslim participation...but economic motives there. And let us not talk about exceptions. 

Is there any discussion along these lines among Muslim community? Any steps to address their shortcomings? Do they talk about these things in Friday sermons? 

Edited by Gollum

In UK, problem is same. There are more Muslims who “strongly disagree” vs “strongly agree” with donation of organs.

This “strongly disagree” percent is very high. Thats the true reason why i do not have peace with religion of peace and believe that they will finish off “strongly agree” group as Kaafir.

In UK, problem is same. There are more Muslims who “strongly disagree” vs “strongly agree” with donation of organs.

This “strongly disagree” percent is very high. Thats the true reason why i do not have peace with religion of peace and believe that they will finish off “strongly agree” group as Kaafir.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

so there are some other reasons for telangana muslims not donating organs ?

26 minutes ago, mishra said:

It's ok we don't need your peace.

10 hours ago, velu said:

urban naxals are fuming , now according to them PM of india should not take any side when comes to foreign countries .. burn is real :lol: 

I don't think it was the greatest of ideas to explicitly endorse Trump specifically, instead of limiting the platitudes to the 'greatness' of America.  But cary on with the orange team vs hand team tribal BS, enjoy your 'victory'.  As if it means anything.

22 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I don't think it was the greatest of ideas to explicitly endorse Trump specifically, instead of limiting the platitudes to the 'greatness' of America.  But cary on with the orange team vs hand team tribal BS, enjoy your 'victory'.  As if it means anything.

He is backing a winning horse. What is your rona dhona about that? Putin backed Trump, are you a Dem? In that case commiserations.

9 hours ago, Gollum said:

Not talking about blood donation, I am talking about organ donation. And yes, it is selfish and inconsiderate to refuse to donate organs but accept them when in need. Worldwide problem because some idiot scholars said so. 

Hindus donate, Sikhs donate, Christians donate their organs the maximum...if Muslims don't there is a fundamental problem with the qaum. Why this habit of take, take and not give? Even charities are confined to within the community, why so narrow minded? Can zakat be given to non-Muslims? Some from other religions deliberately discriminate but I don't see all of them looking at the religion of the recipients. Similarly why should only temples, puja pandals, gurudwaras and churches offer their spaces for prayers, does converse happen anywhere near the same extent? Are others obliged to host iftars while Muslims conduct theological discussions about whether to wish on Christmas, Diwali. Inflexibility and a refusal to engage positively with others outside the community are hallmarks, don't you agree? Some Bengali Muslim communities construct pandals, then there is Amarnath yatra with Muslim participation...but economic motives there. And let us not talk about exceptions. 

Is there any discussion along these lines among Muslim community? Any steps to address their shortcomings? Do they talk about these things in Friday sermons? 

You are conflating a lot of issues here.

Many Muslims do not donate organs because of scripture. Or the interpretation of scholars of that scripture. Obviously they are going to accept organs to survive. I don't know why you keep bringing that up.

For instance, if a person knows that his relative may have a chance to survive then scripture be damned. 

In India, not only the donor, but also the family needs to nod their consent before the organs can be donated. And given that the family could face issues in the form of refusal by certain kabarastans, refusal of some moulvis to complete final rites etc, many are discouraged. 

Your claim that Muslims are the first to rush to accept organs, it is a blatant falsehood. Lists are prepared well in advance and people are given the organs only the basis of the severity of the illness. The most deserving ones gets the organs first.

WRT to the other part of your post, in a nutshell

Zakat is for the needy. I do not know of any specific Quranic injunction that says it should be only for Muslims. Maybe some expert on the Holy Quran can help you out here.

Also Friday sermons are just that. Sermons. They aren't discussions. If there ever were the topic of organ donation in any Friday congregation, the chances are that the religious leader there would make clear his interpretation/ observation about it in the most convincing fashion. 

Edited by Mariyam

Modi is playing the right game by licking Trump’s derrière. Man the way he was talking when introducing the Orange Turd man child made me chuckle.

Also in the desi crowd, enthusiasm for Modi was high. Never seen a Indian PM have an effect on people since the days of Indira Gandhi, but I wonder how many are supportive of Trump’s idiocy.

Actually, if Trump gets re-elected I will probably benefit in my professional career as his administration is actively supporting human space exploration, but I cannot in good conscience vote for a bonafide fraud. I do not who I will vote for, but certainly not him. In that respect, I will be voting against my own interests. However, there some things that are more important than my selfish reasons.

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

He is backing a winning horse.

Trump isn't a winning horse at this point.

What is your rona dhona about that?

Can't resist the urge to indulge in name-calling when you see a differing opinion, can you?

Putin backed Trump,

No he didn't.  He wanted to sow chaos and delegitimize the American democratic process. 

, are you a Dem?

Sorry to be blunt, but this is the kind of foolish mentality that leads me to give up further discussion.  Are you a "congressi", are you a "bhakt", are you a 'dem".  Dumb as a doorknob this tribal stereotyping.   My point is about it not being in India's interest to take explicit partisan positions when it comes to the US.  If you can't comprehend that basic offering, let alone counter it with logic.  Then all I have to say is get well soon. 

33 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Trump isn't a winning horse at this point.

Can't resist the urge to indulge in name-calling when you see a differing opinion, can you?

No he didn't.  He wanted to sow chaos and delegitimize the American democratic process. 

Sorry to be blunt, but this is the kind of foolish mentality that leads me to give up further discussion.  Are you a "congressi", are you a "bhakt", are you a 'dem".  Dumb as a doorknob this tribal stereotyping.   My point is about it not being in India's interest to take explicit partisan positions when it comes to the US.  If you can't comprehend that basic offering, let alone counter it with logic.  Then all I have to say is get well soon. 

Sorry I am used to arguing with anti-Modi folks who are anti just because it is Modi. Rona-Dhona, Dem is not name-calling to be offended. 

HowdyModi was an organized event by the Indian community sponsored by Walmart and other republucan interests in Texas. He spoke there in favor of Trump, I am sure there are other instances where foreign leaders have spoken in favor of one prez candidate. (Netanyahu). Yes, Trump is the winning horse as I don't see any Dem candidate who is winnable or electable. Prez elections are mostly based on charisma, popularity etc., whether it is good or bad. 

Let me know how it will affect foreign relations of India say if some other candidate wins. God forbid if Bernie wins, It will sutely affect as he seems to be backing Pak on Kashmir as did Hillary. Based on this, if he backs Trump , it is good for India. Besides, it is never personal, the world leaders will not act against the interests of the people or country based on personal chouces.

7 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I am sure there are other instances where foreign leaders have spoken in favor of one prez candidate. (Netanyahu).

And that is an isolated example of a situation that has backfired badly - for Netanyahu AND for Israel. 

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Yes, Trump is the winning horse as I don't see any Dem candidate who is winnable or electable. Prez elections are mostly based on charisma, popularity etc., whether it is good or bad. 

This is an extremely pre-mature and naive 'analysis'.   Trump is imminent danger of being impeached.  Sure, you could say that all along, but there is no way that he will win re-election.  Not unless there is a spectacular terrorist attack in the US, perpetrated by foreigners. 

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Let me know how it will affect foreign relations of India say if some other candidate wins. God forbid if Bernie wins, It will sutely affect as he seems to be backing Pak on Kashmir as did Hillary. Based on this, if he backs Trump , it is good for India. Besides, it is never personal, the world leaders will not act against the interests of the people or country based on personal chouces.

Again, super naive.  State foreign policy priorities and directions are set by institutions, i.e. state dept - those who are subject matter experts - not by temporary elected individuals.  Elected 'leaders' can speed things up, or make specific decisions, but its rare to non-existent, that an elected official can or will make foreign policy changes that are 'good' for one country or vice-versa.  If Bernie Sanders becomes president, impact on India-US relations will not be anywhere near as major as you think. 

And you are contradicting yourself - first you claim that backing Trump will be good for India, Bernie will be 'bad'.  Then you say its never "personal". 

18 minutes ago, sandeep said:

And that is an isolated example of a situation that has backfired badly - for Netanyahu AND for Israel. 

Indian electorate is different from Israel and Modi is much more popular and influential than N is in Israel. Not the same comparison.

This is an extremely pre-mature and naive 'analysis'.   Trump is imminent danger of being impeached.  Sure, you could say that all along, but there is no way that he will win re-election.  Not unless there is a spectacular terrorist attack in the US, perpetrated by foreigners. 

Stop the named calling (naive). My opinion comes watching US elections and not from reading Breitbart news qor watching foxnews. Except for Bush, most recent elections were based on how popular the candidate is.

Again, super naive.  State foreign policy priorities and directions are set by institutions, i.e. state dept - those who are subject matter experts - not by temporary elected individuals.  Elected 'leaders' can speed things up, or make specific decisions, but its rare to non-existent, that an elected official can or will make foreign policy changes that are 'good' for one country or vice-versa.  If Bernie Sanders becomes president, impact on India-US relations will not be anywhere near as major as you think. 

And you are contradicting yourself - first you claim that backing Trump will be good for India, Bernie will be 'bad'.  Then you say its never "personal". 

You are also contradicting. If state Depts are mostly involved in policies, how will Modi backing Trump backfire on India?

27 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Stop the named calling (naive).

I didn't call you naive, I called the "analysis" naive.  That's not name-calling.  Please take a breath and stop taking things personally.  We can have a discussion with opposing view points without personal friction.  Its possible.  Let's try it.

Indian electorate is different from Israel and Modi is much more popular and influential than N is in Israel. Not the same comparison.

My point isn't about whether explicit partisan support will help or hurt Modi in India - its about whether in the longer term, its advisable for a presiding Indian government and Prime Minister to publicly endorse a specific party, and how the American establishment will react to that.  Netanyahu's antics may have pleased some right-wing Republicans, even bought some short-term space to make certain changes, but you don't want to win battles to hurt the war.   To use an analogy closer to home, it may have been tactically brilliant to seize the heights across the LOC in kargil, even brought short-term success, but in the long term, the Kargil incursion was an own-goal of spectacular proportions by Pakistan.  It (correctly) made the world perceive the Kashmir "dispute" as one of Pakistani territorial desires against a status-quo India.  Note that 99% of the time, the tendency of most people and even governments is to instinctively lean towards preserving the 'peace' and the status quo.  Effectively, the Pakistanis f**ked themselves over by going for a short-term 'brilliant' tactical victory. 

Similarly, people everywhere will resent 'outside interference' in their domestic politics. 

If state Depts are mostly involved in policies, how will Modi backing Trump backfire on India?

Because such actions can be viewed as interference in local politics.  And viewed negatively.  Tomorrow, if an American president comes in and endorses Pappu in a public meeting like this, how will India, its public, and its elite establishment respond to that? 

Edited by sandeep

8 hours ago, Audiophile said:

Actually, if Trump gets re-elected I will probably benefit in my professional career as his administration is actively supporting human space exploration, but I cannot in good conscience vote for a bonafide fraud. I do not who I will vote for, but certainly not him. In that respect, I will be voting against my own interests. However, there some things that are more important than my selfish reasons.

And you are not alone.. there are many more who would put their principle above their selfish gain... And bunch of my family, colleagues, friends went to howdy Modi who don't like Trump at all.. n they went for Modi n not Trump