RANJI TROPHY 2019-20

Suhaan

Mizoram 13 for 7. Abhijit Saket 7 for 0.

There's no typo above. That's actually Mizoram's score and those are the figures of Abhijit Saket, right-arm medium pacer, playing only his second first class game.

Bihar had been bowled out for 262 in reply to Mizoram's 378, but suddenly, Mizoram's sizeable first-innings lead isn't counting for anything.

23 minutes ago, nsareen said:

Abdul samad !! Why is he not in U19 World Cup team ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. Very strange that he is not a part of the under 19 WC. He wasn’t even picked in any of the under 19 challenger trophy 2019 squads. Hope he gets few games for SRH in IPL 2020. He has till now smashed 27 sixes in 4 matches played for JK coming to bat at 5-6 position.

25 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Probably because he's 25 and everyone barring the broadcasters know about it.

Might be some truth in there after the MI pacer from JK was caught for false age. Though he is supposed to be only identified last year or so  by Irfan. Never know if he was too late to be in the scheme of things.

2 hours ago, Vickydev said:

Might be some truth in there after the MI pacer from JK was caught for false age. Though he is supposed to be only identified last year or so  by Irfan. Never know if he was too late to be in the scheme of things.

Even MI pacer is only 1-2 year older than stated age.

Lots of batting talent coming up with the likes of DevD and Jaiswal.  Others waiting in line like Shaw and Gill.  And even more prospects like Priyam Garg. Won't be able to fit them all of them together.  The u19 WC tournament should be exciting.

Gill needs to step up, has had a mediocre Ranji so far cashing in on the flat tracks.  India should be dominating world cricket with all this talent. The need to nurture and give experience should be of the upmost priority.

On 1/5/2020 at 11:13 PM, diga said:

Another crunch knock by Devdutt Padikkal while chasing a tricky target against Mumbai.. This kid should be touring NZ with the A side

Talented for sure and I'm impressed but not going anywhere without a full season of Ranji under his belt especially considering he's only 19. Has the benefit of being a leftie which could optimize the opening spot.  Good times ahead and very stiff competition for spots.

Talented for sure and I'm impressed but not going anywhere without a full season of Ranji under his belt especially considering he's only 19. Has the benefit of being a leftie which could optimize the opening spot.  Good times ahead and very stiff competition for spots.
Atleast 2 seasons....

Doesn't look solid to me....

Sooner or later he will be found out

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

everyone gets found out some point which is when a player improves n evolve

Exactly.....That's why 2 years of Ranji is a must before he is pushed to next level.......

We need players who are really good at home conditions before exploring / conquering foreign conditions and for that 2 seasons of ranji is must......

there are so many one season wonders.....and i hope this guy i not one of them

On 1/5/2020 at 12:56 PM, Vickydev said:

Its never late for a batting all rounder who bowls spin . Its more relevant for a pace bowler .

38 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Exactly.....That's why 2 years of Ranji is a must before he is pushed to next level.......

We need players who are really good at home conditions before exploring / conquering foreign conditions and for that 2 seasons of ranji is must......

there are so many one season wonders.....and i hope this guy i not one of them

2 years for players who have something extra/exceptional about them is too long.  After a full season , they should be in A teams .

Take the case of Padikkal , may be one issue with him is his game against pacy stuff and short stuff on body . 

Best way to get over it   would be at international A level when you face international class  pace bowling. One would be able to make out how 

well he can cope and what weaknesses need to be addressed ?

That way the the development will be quick .