RANJI TROPHY 2019-20

Suhaan

7 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Playing top team in the KOs from Group c and plate in the same year is flawed . They should have been promoted to the super league the next season

It's a joke really...2 teams from group C, which will be same as one of the top two groups. One of Services or Odisha will be playing the quarters while likes of Bengal, UP, Vidarbha most likely miss out.

8 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

It's a joke really...2 teams from group C, which will be same as one of the top two groups. One of Services or Odisha will be playing the quarters while likes of Bengal, UP, Vidarbha most likely miss out.

Mumbai, TN were in tough group , while Andhra in Group A is in a relatively easy one, gets ahead, 

Is Karnataka qualifying for QF ? 

With Prasidh back ... this is the only team that interests me.

All the other Team India prospects are either with India A or are injured.

If Mavi comes back then UP would be interesting too. But they won't make it to the QF.

Edited by express bowling
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Is Karnataka qualifying for QF ? 

With Prasidh back ... this is the only team that interests me.

All the other Team India prospects are either with India A or are injured.

If Mavi comes back then UP would be interesting too. But they won't make it to the QF.

3 points would be enough but seeing that 17 wickets fell on the first day, draw doesn't really seem a possibility. Loss and they are out.

They let Prasidh bowl only 6 overs,he was bowling well,

I know Baroda were bowled out for 85 anyways can't complain about it,there have been far too many low scores this season

Karnataka too are at 208/8

Ganguly should pay attention here and ensure there are no more bowler friendly pitches further,it brings bowlers like Udankat into picture without doing much

41 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I have been saying this,providing such pitches won't serve the purpose or it won't ensure quality bats come through

Rather it will always enhance chances for bowlers like Udankat,harshal patel,kaul,chahar etc

Pakistan suffered from it for many seasons infact they had seen a high number of dedicated swing bowlers coming through who struggled a lot in demanding conditions,it made them to rethink ,now they have trained local curators and gave strict instructions to curators not to dish out bowling friendly decks

40 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

I have been saying this,providing such pitches won't serve the purpose or it won't ensure quality bats come through

Rather it will always enhance chances for bowlers like Udankat,harshal patel,kaul,chahar etc

Pakistan suffered from it for many seasons infact they had seen a high number of dedicated swing bowlers coming through who struggled a lot in demanding conditions,it made them to rethink ,now they have trained local curators and gave strict instructions to curators not to dish out bowling friendly decks

Ideally they need to be lively on the initial days and later becoming flatter, testing the batting and later the bowling. One thing I have noticed is the techniques of opening batsmen in the domestic scene is a lot more tighter nowadays. Gone are the days where they could just get away with planting their front foot accross or hitting through the line on deliveries outside off. They pay for their mistakes now.

Further the selectors should look more at than just the stats, suitability of a player for international cricket should matter far more. That should filter out the likes of Unadkat, Kaul, Sandeep Sharma etc

On 2/13/2020 at 12:04 AM, Suhaan said:

They let Prasidh bowl only 6 overs,he was bowling well,

I know Baroda were bowled out for 85 anyways can't complain about it,there have been far too many low scores this season

Karnataka too are at 208/8

Ganguly should pay attention here and ensure there are no more bowler friendly pitches further,it brings bowlers like Udankat into picture without doing much

the thing with unadcutter is that he's a bit above the typical domestic bowler level and can outwit most domestic batsmen, but is below international level especially when it comes to stronger teams like NZ, Eng and Aus. the last 1-2 seasons he has benefited from very bowling-friendly pitches, but even before that he was picking up lots of wkts in previous few seasons. I am not saying this to defend him, because I do not want him anywhere in the senior team.

However, it is a fact that Ind domestics have always favored trundlers who had: (a) accuracy, (b) decent swing, (c) ability to outwit mediocre level batsmen. Hence, if one looks at some of the most low-average pacers in domestics, it comprises of people like: Vinny "The Legend" Koomar, Unadcutter, Basant Mohanty, etc. Even in the past, players like Gagandeep Singh and Joginder Sharma had fantastic FC records despite clearly not being int'l class.

Edited by Vijy