Hyderabad: 27-year-old veterinarian raped and murdered, charred body found

vayuu1

21 minutes ago, beetle said:

Let us first become fair and just like them to all normal citizens and victims ,then we can be fair like them to henious criminals.

How is it fair to not have justice for majority of victims and their families but want europeon standards for the rapist murderers?

Besides do you see such brazen horrible crimes every day in any Europeon country?

If they did...they would also rethink .

My point is not that we should have European standards for Rapists. My point is do you consider life imprisonment as punishment or not. Indian judiciary is clear that India will have death penalty in rarest of rare cases. In other words most victims just have to satisfy themselves with life imprisonment. Even 1984 culprits like Sajjan Kumar got life sentence instead of death sentence. 

Death penalty? Yes, but not encounters. Sets a bad precedent esp when done to low strata of the society. They confessed to the crime , but were not indicted yet. Rejoicing and praising the police looks bad, next up it will be somebody innocent.

One person in Kathua case was acquitted as he was not even present near the scene of crime, he is alive now, Thank god, he was not killed extra-judicially. 

28 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Rejoicing and praising the police looks bad, next up it will be somebody innocent.

This is what my concern is.  

I know we are all frustrated and angry about the mess in India with slow and inadequate justice, poor policing, bad security and horrible crimes  being committed.  

BUT, we don't want to end up in a place where police randomly executing accused is deemed acceptable.  

38 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Death penalty? Yes, but not encounters. Sets a bad precedent esp when done to low strata of the society. They confessed to the crime , but were not indicted yet. Rejoicing and praising the police looks bad, next up it will be somebody innocent.

One person in Kathua case was acquitted as he was not even present near the scene of crime, he is alive now, Thank god, he was not killed extra-judicially. 

Arey baba last hanging for rape/murder was conducted over 15 years back. Nirbhaya's rapists are alive despite conviction long back. If authorities don't have the balls to deliver justice after conviction why blame people who are rejoicing? Hope this encounter makes judiciary and govts introspect, if we become jungle raj it is purely because of their refusal to act and uphold law. 

Edited by Gollum

Hope this doesn't become a trend but a message has been delivered loud and clear. This will be a turning point in how we deal with rapist scum, either way for the better or worse, ball is entirely in the court of judiciary and executive to decide which direction India should take. 

If Nirbhaya's parents, Disha's sister are happy with what happened today, if girls in Hyd are tying rakhi to policemen, if neighbors of the victim are bursting crackers....the public has given its verdict about what it feels about the state of affairs in India. 

Edited by Gollum

46 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

My point is do you consider life imprisonment as punishment or not. Indian judiciary is clear that India will have death penalty in rarest of rare cases. In other words most victims just have to satisfy themselves with life imprisonment.

Life imprisonment is not punishment when they gave a horrible, gruesome ,painful death to their victimd. It is like mocking the victim and their family who will forever be in pain.

Yes ,death penalty is right in gruesome heinous  crimes and the courts rarely give death unless it is rarest of rare.

If  premedidated trapping, gangrape ,murder and burning is not rarest of rare,then what is?

Nirbhaya had her intestines pulled out while she was gangraped and look how long it has taken to convict them inspite of having all proof . Now they have the option to ask for mercy . These beast had no mercy for that poor girl .

One of them got away with 3 months in a reform home.

I wish he had met the same fate.

It would of put the fear in the so called minor rapist and murderers.

all of this was done by KCR to save his party's image. it also helped that rapists were not influential people. im not particularly sad at their death, but I would like to see the same type of justice be delivered if accused was somebody like Manu Sharma.
One of the prime visible changes we see in Hyderabad is policing. KCR promoted this aggressively and honestly it did improve. I see more patrolling during night times.

The Hyderabad police has become much more approachable and do respond to 100 calls. I have called 3-4 times as some drunkards were making noise after midnight outside my house. The police showed up on average within 10 minutes.

Now that this incident is having a negative impact on hyderabad police at national level, it's not surprising if KCR took such a step.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, beetle said:

Life imprisonment is not punishment when they gave a horrible, gruesome ,painful death to their victimd. It is like mocking the victim and their family who will forever be in pain.

Yes ,death penalty is right in gruesome heinous  crimes and the courts rarely give death unless it is rarest of rare.

If  premedidated trapping, gangrape ,murder and burning is not rarest of rare,then what is?

Nirbhaya had her intestines pulled out while she was gangraped and look how long it has taken to convict them inspite of having all proof . Now they have the option to ask for mercy . These beast had no mercy for that poor girl .

One of them got away with 3 months in a reform home.

I wish he had met the same fate.

It would of put the fear in the so called minor rapist and murderers.

No one cares about the fate of the rapists. everyone thinks they got what they deserved.

However look at the bigger picture this doesn't solve anything. If anything this ends the debate and questions this incident could have raised.

Everyone is hailing the police as some kind of a superhero which they are not. The cops who didn't take the parent's complaints seriously or showed a lackadaisical attitude are just a level below the rapists in my book.

In fact this opens a Pandora's box of shortcuts whenever a larger question is asked, govts and cops can take this as a template to hide their inadequacies which sets a bad precedent.

If the outrage after Nirbhaya and death penalty didn't change anything what makes you think this will change things overnight.

As I said above atrocities against women is a deeper problem. This doesn't do anything to solve that.

The problem is not death to the rapists, the problem is the way the police no pun intended got a cop out here.

6 hours ago, velu said:

this is more like sending statement to the potential opportunistic criminals ..

i completely support this .. this is typical tamilnadu police style operation , once in a while police should do encounters like this

My dad says there should be 2-4 more now to instill the fear...I tend to agree.

Edited by randomGuy

9 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

I am unbiased since I hate all religion equaly, with a grand passion. I don't live in india, don't have knowledge over how disproportionate crimes are between people who follows islam vs other religion at India. I can't give you an opinion on that matter since am not educated enough regarding your question nor have I looked into any data suggesting otherwise. I can give you my personal opinion on what I think of muslims, but my personal opinion would not justify the answer you're looking for.

You gave your opinion. If you are ignorant learn the facts before giving opinion probably ?

34 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Hope this doesn't become a trend but a message has been delivered loud and clear. This will be a turning point in how we deal with rapist scum, either way for the better or worse, ball is entirely in the court of judiciary and executive to decide which direction India should take. 

If Nirbhaya's parents, Disha's sister are happy with what happened today, if girls in Hyd are tying rakhi to policemen, if neighbors of the victim are bursting crackers....the public has given its verdict about what it feels about the state of affairs in India. 

If the cops can take such steps when the guilty is a rich man's son and not some truck driver that would be a turning point.

If rape and women's safety in India is a huge problem, the other problem is the value of life.

This might be a ridiculous rumor, but wasn't there some buzz about Rahul Gandhi being involved in rape? even if that were true, would he even be processed leave alone encountered? forget someone of the stature of Rahul Gandhi, would a rich business man's son get a treatment like that?

On 12/5/2019 at 10:18 AM, someone said:

Well, why are they, the relatives allowing it at first place?

Its their Own decision and I cant fault them if they really want to express their pain/anguish...

This is what I was taking about & in a few media interactions the families of the criminals caught/arrested do behave as such. 

27 minutes ago, maniac said:

In fact this opens a Pandora's box of shortcuts whenever a larger question is asked, govts and cops can take this as a template to hide their inadequacies which sets a bad precedent.

People are not stupid to accept that.

The fact is that these horrible,vicious rape,killing cases have shaken people to the core and they feel helpless and they accepted the encounter of these killers because that is what people want.

They are sick of seeing these killers getting so many chances with the law while they gave no such chance to the victim.

This happened because even the police knows that they have an overwhelming support from the people who wanted this instead of it ending up in a decade long fast track court.

People do not want this to happen normally to all cases...this was not normal.

It is also a message to the judiciary .

See what happened in UP where a rapist was granted bail . He and his fellow rapist friend along with their fathers first flogged the victim ,then stabbed her and then set her on fire. The poor girl ran around asking for help engulfed in a ball of fire. Thankfully she was concious enough to give her statement.

This happened even as people were not even over the horrible murder of the vet in hyderabad.

Another such case of gangrape and burning  was reported from West Bengal at the same time .

Similarly another rape victim was almost eliminated in an accident,her father killed some months back.

Another rapist was given bail and he came out and killed the victim and a few others.

This is a call for the judiciary to take people seriously because they are loosing faith. Nothing is more serious than a country where people have no faith left in their law.

This is an exception and even the police knows they won't get away with this if they do not have such overwhelming support from the people.

This is also a message to the judiciary that probably the police is also loosing faith in the judiciary and its ways.

What is the police going to do if the court gives bail to rapists?

Edited by beetle

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

No its not.

Its blood lust. Its different that justice.

Not too long ago, a certain Mullah Omar of the Taliban came to power in Afghanistan after he strung a couple of rapists. Not saying we are there yet, but a parallel justice system is the absolute unravelling of the legal fabric that binds the nation.

Mullah will come to power in a mullah country if you let mullahs come close to power this will happen. Thanks India will never let that happen.

34 minutes ago, maniac said:

If the cops can take such steps when the guilty is a rich man's son and not some truck driver that would be a turning point.

If rape and women's safety in India is a huge problem, the other problem is the value of life.

This might be a ridiculous rumor, but wasn't there some buzz about Rahul Gandhi being involved in rape? even if that were true, would he even be processed leave alone encountered? forget someone of the stature of Rahul Gandhi, would a rich business man's son get a treatment like that?

I hope that happens too...but does that mean the poor rapists and killers should not get what they deserve.

Edited by beetle

1 minute ago, beetle said:

It is also a message to the judiciary .

See what happened in UP where a rapist was granted bail . He and his fellow rapist friend along with their fathers first flogged her,then stabbed her and then set her on fire. The pure girl ran around asking for hrlp engulfed in a ball of fire. Thankfully she was concious enough to give her statement.

Similarly another rape victim was almost eliminated in an accident,her father killed.

All libretards in this thread crying subversion of law should read this out loud. The laws themselves, institutions that  ensure it and the communities commitment to it are the pillars of rule of law. The third one is shaken here with the brutality of the recurrent crimes and the ineffectiveness of the justice system. Look inward and do what is needed to restore peoples trust in judiciary.