1st ODI, West Indies tour of India at Chennai, Dec 15 2019 - 01:30 PM IST

tweaker

55 minutes ago, putrevus said:

So for something which 4 years down the line you change your existing batting lineup that is nonsense , how will that add balance to current team.

Every team goes thru lul after established players leave that is nature of the beast.You don't change Kohli and Rohit for that.It has been always upto the incoming players to fill the roles needed by the team.Your Gill and Shaws are not the need to for this team now or in next two to three years.

You keep your crap,what do you mean wc 4 years down ,do you realize how old are these guys, won't you plan ?

Is four years time too much,its a gradual process,players take time to develop,there is no point top 3 playing together everytime in every damn bilateral

Off course Gill,Shaw and others will have to wait for too long as there is a nuthead and a bewda leading the way with no vision 

1 hour ago, nevada said:

Dube's bowling ensured the match ended a bit sooner than otherwise. That our bowling is shite was obvious right from the time the X1 was announced, so there's no point even talking about its ineffectiveness or uselessness. Our batting was decent considering the pitch and the loss of early wickets. Hopefully Iyer and Pant can get more match practice in the next couple of games and develop into dependable batsmen. I think it's about time to reunite Kulcha. Jaddu can sit out for Chahal. 

Also, kick Jadhav out and get in a Sundar/Gowtham/Jalaj Saxena. Shreyas Gopal can also be considered in place of Chahal to bolster lower order..their's enough talent around, need a leader to get best out of players.

1 hour ago, nitinbwj said:

We were atleast 50 short..once again ..once the openers are gone for nothing, it’s next to impossible to get a good target and we don’t have casual 6 hitters in the lower middle order.

One of the openers has to go hell for leather from get go..these guys were 17-0 after 5 and 33-2 after 10 overs. With thigh slapper too, we look to target ~ 50 after 10 overs even on flat tracks. We need to press accelerator at top of innings. 

Without Bumrah and Hardik Pandya, our fast bowling unit and 5th bowler become weaklinks.

As a result our spinners too become ineffective especially against power hitting teams like West Indies and England.. The way to strengthen this is not by playing Jadeja as a 4th bowler. It has  a cascading effect and makes someone like Dube too ineffective. I frankly don't understand what is their problem in trying Rahul Chahar or Shreyas Gopal or Krishnappa Gautham as a second fiddle to the lead spinner when they know that  Jadeja is a joke and  since Jadhav doesn't have  any mystery left :wall:

So many people here have short sighted ness and are spiteful. I have seen enough of Dubey to see he has potential, he can be a Kallis kind of muscular seamer who used to bowl at similar pace and skills initially.i also saw he can bat and has natural talent but is raw, Chahar is average but WI is a good Odi n T20 side so we need not 1 but 2 strike bowlers atleast.

Bumrah and Pandya will make a huge difference and what is worrisome is Indias love for trundles and inability to groom or select right players in limited format and go back to tested mediocrity all the time.

Shaw, Gill Sarfaraz have to come in the picture at some stage in limited format and I think Agarwal is a better bet then some players in the team.

5 hours ago, RAZPOR said:

this is what happens when you instead of grooming strike bowlers like saini go for 0/60 kind of bowlers.I have no hope of this changing anytime soon,we ll keep getting thakurs and ignoring mavis and sainis

Thats because BCCI has shits for brains. How else do you think a street urchin like Rat could still captain India.

Iyer is good but remember that he too has weaknesses. Minimal feet movement, clean bowled playing away from the body against high pace. I like his positive, clear minded approach but want him to bat against quality bowling to improve his game.

But he is better than Rayudu in anyway possible. Did MSK being from Andhra was the reason for Rayudu being picked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at these 2 morons captain and coach talking exactly opposite things. Shastri is still Hyping up Indian team where as captain fuddu after getting belting in ICC events get back to process stuff. Process is main and not winning.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/it-is-a-bloody-obsession-get-that-right-ravi-shastri-on-team-india-s-ambition/story-7oOCCUInB7Nj3fgrEvyTMM.html 

11 hours ago, MCcricket said:

So many people here have short sighted ness and are spiteful. I have seen enough of Dubey to see he has potential, he can be a Kallis kind of muscular seamer who used to bowl at similar pace and skills initially.i also saw he can bat and has natural talent but is raw, Chahar is average but WI is a good Odi n T20 side so we need not 1 but 2 strike bowlers atleast.

I want them to invest in dube but kallis comparison is to much 

Bumrah and Pandya will make a huge difference and what is worrisome is Indias love for trundles and inability to groom or select right players in limited format and go back to tested mediocrity all the time.

Shaw, Gill Sarfaraz have to come in the picture at some stage in limited format and I think Agarwal is a better bet then some players in the team.

Sarfraz has to 1st start featuring regularly in mumbai XI

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
17 hours ago, Suhaan said:

You keep your crap,what do you mean wc 4 years down ,do you realize how old are these guys, won't you plan ?

Is four years time too much,its a gradual process,players take time to develop,there is no point top 3 playing together everytime in every damn bilateral

Off course Gill,Shaw and others will have to wait for too long as there is a nuthead and a bewda leading the way with no vision 

You have no clue and keep talking same crap without any logic, Shaw ,Gill and others if they were playing yesterday , how will that have helped Indian bowling and team balance in anyway.

Shaw has played tests and if he was not injured and suspended he would have been opener in Australian series and even today.So cut the crap that he was not given chances.Gill played couple of odi matches and he will play test matches soon.

Problem for this is not playing Shaw or Gill, problem is finding the right balance understand that first.

Edited by putrevus
12 minutes ago, putrevus said:

You have no clue and keep talking same crap without any logic, Shaw ,Gill and others if they were playing yesterday , how will that have helped Indian bowling and team balance in anyway.

Shaw has played tests and if he was not injured and suspended he would have been opener in Australian series and even today.So cut the crap that he was not given chances.Gill played couple of odi matches and he will play test matches soon.

Problem for this is not playing Shaw or Gill, problem is finding the right balance understand that first.

Come with something better 

You keep on talking about no talent ,further you asked about talented players available?

I gave you the names, don't keep shifting goalposts for your convenience,you ask questions and then you deny to listen the answers 

Shaw has shown immense capabilities to be a regular opener for our odi side,the time is ripe to test the available lot

On 12/15/2019 at 10:29 PM, putrevus said:

So for something which 4 years down the line you change your existing batting lineup that is nonsense , how will that add balance to current team.

Every team goes thru lul after established players leave that is nature of the beast.You don't change Kohli and Rohit for that.It has been always upto the incoming players to fill the roles needed by the team.Your Gill and Shaws are not the need to for this team now or in next two to three years.

3 very important things need to be done to build a team for WC event .

1)  Plan out your strategy for winning WC.

2)   Identify your best suited players for each position to carry that strategy. 

3)  give them enough chances so that they play anywhere 30-50 matches before WC and have enough experience to carry out the strategy. 

All of these require 3 -4 years of planning and execution in matches .

Look at the teams  who were  WC winners . 2011 Indian team and the  matches most of the members had before the WC. 

2019 WC winners and the no. of matches most of the members played by WC. , the change in strategy they adopted after 2015 WC , the players selected to carry out that aggressive approach in batting.

You do not start preparing for WC , when you are 1  -1.5 years away from WC.  

Edited by prudent_kreeda
On 12/15/2019 at 11:48 PM, Cricwala said:

Also, kick Jadhav out and get in a Sundar/Gowtham/Jalaj Saxena. Shreyas Gopal can also be considered in place of Chahal to bolster lower order..their's enough talent around, need a leader to get best out of players.

Good point. Sundar is an underrated batsman on top of his bowling. I think he opens or used to open for TN. Gopal brings in the leggie option and a good batter. Gopal is more of a thinking bowler in LOIs. Wont get flustered after he is tonked for a six. They can easily replace Jadhav and give competition to Dubey, Kulcha and Jaddu.