One has to give it to the chinese

sarcastic

Going by the official narrative, COVID-19 originated in a wet market in Wuhan, China.

There are thousands (of legal and illegal), if not tens of thousands, of these wet markets all across South East Asia. This virus, or a variant of it, could have just as easily originated from any one of these other wet markets. In fact, it is a minor miracle of sorts that such a contagious and aggressive strain hasn't originated before.

The wet markets are breeding grounds for cross contamination. You are taking wild animals from their natural habitat and confining them in tiny cages. Sanitary food handing practises are thrown for a toss, there is blood/animal bodily fluids everywhere.

The reasons for why these markets exist are not easy to answer: Some people eat live animals (octopus, for instance) as they want the meat "fresh". When I was in Vietnam, I saw, with my own eyes, the blood from a snake being mixed with Whisky. Snake blood is supposedly an aphrodisiac. Also, increases one's vitality (so they say).

Than, there is the angle of animal products being used in traditional medicine. Let's not forget the animals that are illegally smuggled from other countries for this very purpose.

Shutting down the wet markets sounds good, on paper. Try implementing it in practise, it is almost next to impossible. If anything, the wet markets should have been closed down completely after the SARS outbreak. And we are not talking about wet markets in China, we are talking about them EVERYWHERE.

Even with the outbreak of COVID-19, wet markets in other countries in South East Asia were still open and doing business.

--

On the topic of the Pandalin, we are talking about an animal whose only defence against a predator is to curl up into a ball. What poetic justice that such an animal created such havoc. It's only "role" in all of this was to act as an intermediary between bats and humans. 

Edited by EnterTheVoid

On 3/12/2020 at 1:31 PM, Vilander said:

China

1, Allegedly created this virus in labs or worse stole it.

2, God knows what it wanted to test it for.

3, Even if it was a natural transmission because of unchecked Chinese habit of 'fresh' ' wild meat',  China did spread it because of lack of controls initially.

4, Was dishonest in reporting about its spread initially.

5, Strong armed countries that tried to prevent travel back and forth from China. 

There is nothing to give other than misgivings about this global misfortune. 

I suspect that too. This is a new style of warfare using bioengineering.

3 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

There are thousands (of legal and illegal), if not tens of thousands, of these wet markets all across South East Asia. This virus, or a variant of it, could have just as easily originated from any one of these other wet markets

No it originated in China

When I was in Vietnam, I saw, with my own eyes

No one cares it originated in China...china

And we are not talking about wet markets in China, we are talking about them EVERYWHERE.

No we are talking about China not everywhere 

wet markets in other countries in South East Asia were still open

Yet it originated in C H I N A...china.

OK, first you bring this monstrosity upon yourself and then the rest of the world, and while the rest of the world is still reeling from it, you want a pat on the back?

GET THE PHUCK OUTTA HERE!!!

Maybe just maybe, if kaan pakadke you all do uthak baithak 1000 times repeating the following over and over again, “We SHALL not consume batshit meat ever again ... ever ... sachhi ... maa ki kasam” then I might consider the apology. 

Edited by Audiophile

On 3/18/2020 at 8:32 AM, sarcastic said:

The topic of this thread is not who started corona and all. 
At the end of the day, Chinese were the first victims of this deadly virus and they are the first nation to fight and overcome out of this trouble showing a path for the rest of the world. Today Italy is the epicenter of the problem and a team of Chinese doctors/nurses arrived in Italy to help them fight the situation. 

What the PRC did initially (like hiding it from everyone and not allowing the news to go out of China) is really disgusting to say the least. But at the end of the day, they are able to contain it within a limit and for the last 15-20 days, the number of infected people hardly increased by a 1000. 

Every other government should take a leaf of their book (of what they did since late January) for what could be done to contain this deadly virus. 

Agree completely. 

Now that we know the speed/ferocity/transmission rate of the virus, the continued spread of the virus solely falls on the sholders of those who disregard medical advice and don't perform self isolation as requested.

There really is no excuse for not following three simple steps. 

CCP fake video claiming that there are "riots" in America targeting Chinese Americans, and that the only way they are safe is with Chinese "brigades" fighting back.  

Chinese Communist Party is all about creating "us vs them" propaganda.  That's what they do. Every single time.

7 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Going by the official narrative, COVID-19 originated in a wet market in Wuhan, China.

There are thousands (of legal and illegal), if not tens of thousands, of these wet markets all across South East Asia. This virus, or a variant of it, could have just as easily originated from any one of these other wet markets. In fact, it is a minor miracle of sorts that such a contagious and aggressive strain hasn't originated before.

The wet markets are breeding grounds for cross contamination. You are taking wild animals from their natural habitat and confining them in tiny cages. Sanitary food handing practises are thrown for a toss, there is blood/animal bodily fluids everywhere.

The reasons for why these markets exist are not easy to answer: Some people eat live animals (octopus, for instance) as they want the meat "fresh". When I was in Vietnam, I saw, with my own eyes, the blood from a snake being mixed with Whisky. Snake blood is supposedly an aphrodisiac. Also, increases one's vitality (so they say).

Than, there is the angle of animal products being used in traditional medicine. Let's not forget the animals that are illegally smuggled from other countries for this very purpose.

Shutting down the wet markets sounds good, on paper. Try implementing it in practise, it is almost next to impossible. If anything, the wet markets should have been closed down completely after the SARS outbreak. And we are not talking about wet markets in China, we are talking about them EVERYWHERE.

Even with the outbreak of COVID-19, wet markets in other countries in South East Asia were still open and doing business.

--

On the topic of the Pandalin, we are talking about an animal whose only defence against a predator is to curl up into a ball. What poetic justice that such an animal created such havoc. It's only "role" in all of this was to act as an intermediary between bats and humans. 

Difference is that other countries aren't going to suppress information if a disease outbreak occurs.  Per their legal obligation to the UN, and their moral obligation to their own citizens, they are going to take quick action, and be transparent with critical public health information. Which the Chinese did not do.  If the CCP had acted a few weeks earlier than it did, in notifying the world, 90% of non-Chinese deaths would have been avoided. 

36 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:
29 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Agree completely. 

Now that we know the speed/ferocity/transmission rate of the virus, the continued spread of the virus solely falls on the sholders of those who disregard medical advice and don't perform self isolation as requested.

There really is no excuse for not following three simple steps. 

37 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

I'm no doctor. Don't come to me for medical advice.

5 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Even the Orange Man shat himself in front of China. 

He's an asshole - he thinks he has 'monetized' his tweets and off-the-cuff statements. He will be busy bragging to anybody who will listen how he made China give him freebies in return for a nice tweet.  

I cannot believe that the richest country in the world has this moron leading it, in one of the greatest crisis ever.  

8 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Even the Orange Man shat himself in front of China. 

What were you expecting? china has the leverage.

We have now entered the era of..."medical diplomacy"...LOL

https://news.yahoo.com/feature-u-hit-virus-china-173210185.html

From Argentina to Mexico, Brazil to Peru, Latin American nations have accepted offers of support from China as the number of coronavirus cases across the region has climbed, amid growing fears about the preparedness of their healthcare systems.

There have been nearly 500,000 confirmed cases worldwide of the virus, which causes the respiratory disease COVID-19, and over 20,000 deaths.

Although South America has so far not been as hard hit as other parts of the world, experts fear that may change as winter arrives in the southern hemisphere.

"Some countries in the region have reached out to China asking for help," a Chinese official in Buenos Aires, who asked not to be named, told Reuters. "We will share with them our experience in combating COVID-19 and offer sanitary materials within our capacity."