Who was technically most sound out of Tendulkar, Dravid and Gavaskar?

13 hours ago, nevada said:

I agree with your post but just wanted to say that being an opener,  Gavaskar was more susceptible to the moving ball.  Tendulkar never opened in test matches, so he might appear slightly better than he actually was.  

True.

12 hours ago, Soorma_Bhopali said:

Guys who have not seen Gavaskar bat live have missed a great experience. A short-statured opener on mostly greentops against 4-man super-fast Windies attack without helmet and creaming them was an experience not  seen later . My 1st cricket hero!!! I used to total his runs from 8848 onwards in 1985 till 10,122 in 1987 at his retirement test !!!

Technically , he was better test batsman than Tendulkar or Dravid also marginally as he used to give very little chance and most of his hundreds were chanceless .  

But Gavaskar was not scrutinized like tendulkar. Modern cricketers weakness is exposed through film and bowlers are studying them regularly and making plans accordingly. Sachin also had the burden of carrying the team because lets be honest we were bad. He played under immense pressure and still delivered. He could have achieved more if we had good cricketers 

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

But Gavaskar was not scrutinized like tendulkar. Modern cricketers weakness is exposed through film and bowlers are studying them regularly and making plans accordingly. Sachin also had the burden of carrying the team because lets be honest we were bad. He played under immense pressure and still delivered. He could have achieved more if we had good cricketers 

Sachin had batsmen like Sehwag, Dravid and Laxman. Gambhir and Ganguly were also above average batsmen although not batting greats.

Sunny had Vishy, Amarnath (but Amarnath missed few years in career). vengsarkar came very late as far as Sunny's career is concerned.

5 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Sachin had batsmen like Sehwag, Dravid and Laxman. Gambhir and Ganguly were also above average batsmen although not batting greats.

Sunny had Vishy, Amarnath (but Amarnath missed few years in career). vengsarkar came very late as far as Sunny's career is concerned.

Sachin had them towards later half of his career. Also Dravid and Laxman were not consistent. After 1998 they started really appearing in the squad as permanent players.Sachin debuted in 1989. 

Edited by gattaca

Dravid’s technique is overrated. It’s like saying Misbah was a master technician. Rahul’s usp was block,block, duck,weave,block,leave, given that we had terrible openers throughout the 90’s he could play his own game and take his own sweet time. I don’t think I have seen too many Dravid knocks in his early career where his innings seemed Team  scoreboard or match situation focused. Later on I will admit he turned it around.

Dravid I would sum up his career like this- When everyone sucked he sucked. When everyone scored well, he came in and plundered too and on other ocassions, just did his thing when there was a collapse. Not an impact player.

I am not calling Dravid selfish, he maximized his ability.

Edited by maniac
3 hours ago, maniac said:

Dravid I would sum up his career like this- When everyone sucked he sucked. When everyone scored well, he came in and plundered too and on other ocassions, just did his thing when there was a collapse. Not an impact player.

Tendulkar has usually done well when he enters at a score of 100 or more. 

A team is likely to benefit more by having batsmen who have the ability to fight it out in difficult conditions like Dravid than those who tend to make the hay when the sun shines like Tendulkar :dontknow: 

Insecurity of Sachinstas is something, eh? Always happy to run down other Indian legends to make their bhagwan look good or hide his flaws. Anyway Ambedkar was right, Indians are peculiarly susceptible to hero-worshipn/bhakti....politics, film industry, cricket, the 3 pillars of Indian public culture provide ample examples.

12 hours ago, Gollum said:

Insecurity of Sachinstas is something, eh? Always happy to run down other Indian legends to make their bhagwan look good or hide his flaws. Anyway Ambedkar was right, Indians are peculiarly susceptible to hero-worshipn/bhakti....politics, film industry, cricket, the 3 pillars of Indian public culture provide ample examples.

What flaws?  @Laaloo @raki05 @New guy yeh dekho kya mazaak ho raha hai

Edited by maniac
2 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Problem is, I think hardly here anyone seriously condone sachin as bhagwa on iCF.But then that's the best defensive statement (comeback) people use if you talk something in favor or on fact, while some of them still do unnecessary bashing irrespective of thread is about sachin or not. 

Who cares for haters bro :) we have the right to watch 5 Sachin innings 5 times a day , Practice reading SRT’s autobiography which helps us to keep our eyes open in the most boring of meetings, that’s our fundamental right.

ignore them. Yes blowing up houses of Lara/Ponting fans or growing a curly hair or reducing your natural baritone to sound like SRT is extremism. They don’t stand the tenets of Sachinism (not the poster)