Delhi Capitals 2020 IPL Thread of Dominance

GeeGaw

15 minutes ago, AnkurUpadhyay said:

Punjab couldn't win despite having all the advantage. Rahul won a great toss. If Punjab had batted first, this game would have been over in 15 overs. After that Ashwin got injured after a great first over. Again, this match would have been over a long time ago if he was available. So no Punjab didn't deserve to win because of that short run. They were just not good enough. And with this bowling, they will always struggle. Their bowling is just not good enough.

:kp:lost  on paper, but the had won the match already, there was no need for the super over. They had won with three balls to spare. How about that for deserving, which they had won fair and square if not for the blind corrupt umpire.

This DC team is the most watchable side by the looks of it.

- 2 ferocious fast bowlers (may be fastest pair)

- Very good stroke  makers - Shaw, Stonis, Pant , Hetmyer ,Carey , Iyer .

- Skillful spinner .

They should make it to play of play offs if Rabada  & Nortije do not get injured . Those 2 are very critical.

21 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

This DC team is the most watchable side by the looks of it.

- 2 ferocious fast bowlers (may be fastest pair)

- Very good stroke  makers - Shaw, Stonis, Pant , Hetmyer ,Carey , Iyer .

- Skillful spinner .

They should make it to play of play offs if Rabada  & Nortije do not get injured . Those 2 are very critical.

Third quick bowler in Avesh need to replace Mohit next game.

21 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

:kp:lost  on paper, but the had won the match already, there was no need for the super over. They had won with three balls to spare. How about that for deserving, which they had won fair and square if not for the blind corrupt umpire.

But they didn't and that should be the end of it. Instead of thinking about this loss, they need to somehow find a way to stop teams from scoring 70-80 runs in last 5 overs. Their death bowling is pathetic by any means. Tournament is young and there are 13 matches left to be played. No point in crying over spilled milk.

I would bring switch around between Nortje, Ashwin, Mohit to play some other guys. They don't permanently sit out for the rest of IPL, but we have enough bowlers to rotate. Like Mohit Sharma, can be handy sometimes down the league, but give Avesh a chance and others. It's just one game though but it will be nice to try young bowlers now earlier at this stage instead of later when captains could become more conservative when needing crucial points.

On 9/21/2020 at 2:32 PM, Cricketics said:

I would bring switch around between Nortje, Ashwin, Mohit to play some other guys. They don't permanently sit out for the rest of IPL, but we have enough bowlers to rotate. Like Mohit Sharma, can be handy sometimes down the league, but give Avesh a chance and others. It's just one game though but it will be nice to try young bowlers now earlier at this stage instead of later when captains could become more conservative when needing crucial points.

After seeing how KXIP just ripped RCB a new asshole, I feel a little better about our first match performance.  Biggest match of the tournament is today.

3 minutes ago, GeeGaw said:

After seeing how KXIP just ripped RCB a new asshole, I feel a little better about our first match performance.  Biggest match of the tournament is today.

Yeah, but this t20 is funny game. Some days you win and then all of a shddent you can have a realy bad day when your players try to attack in desperation and the whole team folds - like we saw today with the whole RCB line up folding even with guys like ABD and Kohli in it. This can happen in t20.

Hoping our young Indian players, who have now been there for a while, just keep going strong. Need to get few wins in a row and not get complacent. That was a close win last game against Punjab. A new start tomorrow and we need another ’W’.

On 9/21/2020 at 2:36 PM, prudent_kreeda said:

Yes Poor. Sams would be good but then  may have let go Hetmeyer to have 4 overseas guys.

I’m ok with sitting Hetmeyer.  He may be the most overrated batsman in cricket, but I would be willing to tell him to take on finisher role where comes in at around 15th over and see how that works.  He has terrible technique, but if he’s seeing the ball well from the start who cares if he gets out for 150 Sr on 20 balls in the last 5 overs?

He needs to give up on being top order batsman and go Andre Russell route of weightlifting, PED’s and stop hitting the ball but start beating the ball.  And don’t be so fat.  That might also help his chances.

Shouldn't rush Ashwin, they already have Mishraji and that Nepali kid. Long tourney ahead and Ashwin will play a big role as there are just 3 grounds, so need him back at 100%. Good luck Delhi, after KL's phainty to Kohli now time for Pant to KO Dhoni.

Brilliant win today. Good to see our Indian players scoring runs because the more they score the better chance we have of winning.

Not too happy with Avesh’s fitness and bowling but I will still pick him for the next few games to ensure we are not playing musical chairs every game. 

Mishra ji and Axar bowled well. I say retain the team now. We are on top.

Dil Dilli

28 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Brilliant win today. Good to see our Indian players scoring runs because the more they score the better chance we have of winning.

Not too happy with Avesh’s fitness and bowling but I will still pick him for the next few games to ensure we are not playing musical chairs every game. 

Mishra ji and Axar bowled well. I say retain the team now. We are on top.

Dil Dilli

Third seamer is the concern now. Avesh looked pedestrian.