KL rahul vs Iyer Captaincy Watch thread

Ankit_sharma03

One of the most exciting things to watch in this IPL would be how these 2 will captain their sides as they are seen as future captains

Iyer has some experience now and has a far better team then KXIP. I wont look much into tactical stuff as it depends on team and execution as well. Ill be looking at how they keep the spirits of the team and how calm they are in pressure situation which is very important in LOI 

Posters think that somehow a captain can win a match on his own, calculating possibilities like dr strange. Bhai simple si baat hai luck accha hai uska aur team bhi acchi hai. 

Theres is no dr strange in ipl, itne hi akaldar hote to padhai likhai mai kuch kiya hota, sab saale chauthi fail hain. 

16 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Posters think that somehow a captain can win a match on his own, calculating possibilities like dr strange. Bhai simple si baat hai luck accha hai uska aur team bhi acchi hai. 

Theres is no dr strange in ipl, itne hi akaldar hote to padhai likhai mai kuch kiya hota, sab saale chauthi fail hain. 

Not trying to be pedantic, but this is novel usage. 

Generally accepted usage is akalmand. Any specific reason that you pick this variation?

Agree with the rest of your post.

10 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Not trying to be pedantic, but this is novel usage. 

Generally accepted usage is akalmand. Any specific reason that you pick this variation?

Agree with the rest of your post.

No specific reason, i dont even know whether its correct or not but i am sure it conveys my message. 

KL made a tactical decision appearing bad at that toss to pick Neesham. Weakening the bowling, but slow bowlers, Shami and Arshdeep saved his ass.

Shreyas Iyer rested Nokia, extended Shaw for another match and dropped Rahane. Pant in for Carey was natural. Pank looked fatter in one week, had problems moving. His main error was not bowling Ashwin when KL got out, let a Gayle storm happen. But, generally, his body lang was down and didn't back his team. Seemed like all 5 wickets were gifted by KXIP to DC. 

It seemed like it was KL's decision to pick Neesham over Jordan, in the end KL exclaimed "That's our , Man!" when Neesham hit the winning 6, Looks like he was miffed at somebody when he said that. .

Edited by coffee_rules

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

What captaincy ? In same format ?

Rotating captains in any format. As a minimum three formats/three captains and next level would be like a T20 game can have 5 different captains for 5 games. I know it is radical but a single captain serves no purpose.

9 hours ago, Khota said:

Rotating captains in any format. As a minimum three formats/three captains and next level would be like a T20 game can have 5 different captains for 5 games. I know it is radical but a single captain serves no purpose.

u do remeber that KKR coach john buchanan wanted try that in season 2 and it let to a chaos in camp ultimately leading to a disaster season

9 hours ago, The Dark Horse said:

Iyer missed it when he didn't bring Ashwin vs Gayle.

Sure looks that way, but other than that not much to complain about with his captaincy so far this year.  Of course the match where he left with the shoulder injury and Dhawan took over with no drop off may prove captaincy is overrated.