[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

On 5/27/2021 at 2:05 PM, Sgattick10 said:

Watched the Friends Reunion episode.. Bittersweet. :nice:

A majority of woke fans - LGBTQ, Malala, BLM all mixed for max viewership, reluctant stars and gloried makers of a mediocre quality hit show. All check marked for a HBO hit now. They must all have been paid millions 

On 5/16/2021 at 12:49 AM, Gollum said:

Watch Knives Out if you haven't, you'll enjoy it, 

Thank you. Quite liked it.

I missed watching this with the fam a couple of years ago coz of work.

Would watch part 2 whenever it is out.

Edited by Mariyam

14 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

So when is that '83 WC movie with Ranvir as Kapil Dev coming out?  A few years ago there was a lot of hoopla about it ... no news now.  Yeah Covid and all, but still ...

He was in literally every ad in IPl with cricketers..  Dude has probably tried every trick in the book to promote that movie.  Will be hilarious if that movie flops too. 

17 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

So when is that '83 WC movie with Ranvir as Kapil Dev coming out?  A few years ago there was a lot of hoopla about it ... no news now.  Yeah Covid and all, but still ...

they want a theatric release but currently its not possible, OTT pay will not be enough to make a profit so some films like Suryavanshi, Thalavi and 83 are waiting for theatres to open but in that process they are just adding heavy interest . All of them will eventually have to come on OTT 

1 hour ago, Bigg Brother said:

Watched Ok Kanmani starring Dulquer and Nithya on Prime. Didnt know that trash Ok Jaanu was a remake of this one. Nothing new in the storyline but Manirathanam is finest story teller, the songs are amazing specially Sinaamika, ARR at his best again..

OK jaanu is a scene for scene remake...so how come it is trash?

1 hour ago, WC2011INDIA said:

OK jaanu is a scene for scene remake...so how come it is trash?

Exactly that's why it was trash. Remake means Remake not a Photocopy or Xerox.

The Lead Pair of OKJ was terrible. Neither Sharddha nor ARK can emote to Dulquer-Nithya's level. Sharddha looks paler & duller version of Nithya in OKJ. Least the said about ARK is better.

Even the songs although from same music director dont create same magic or capture the essence of movie. Plus the movie was about two commitment phobic young persons away from their home, look at the first scene where they meet in wedding while having conversation whispering in Tamil-the feeling is totally missing in OKJ. All in all,a better casting could have been solution. I couldn't even watch OKJ in one sitting.

3 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Watched it a couple of days ago, too.  I can't really put my finger on why, but I felt it was a bit "adhoora." 

dibakar banerjee broke his own rule- he says a good film is always the one thats engaging be it art or commercial. This wasnt really engaging