[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

Watched Dune 2. Found the movie's cinematography, sound effects and overall technical effect superlative... The story is just dumb though. I can't believe ppl are going crazy for this story and kept panning Avatar!

Worth watching for the visuals and sound though. 

15 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Shogun on Hotstar best adaptation since GoT imo...  Japanese history is fascinating. 

3 body problem on Netflix...  Absolute top tier television right there. 

Good to hear as Shogun is next on the watchlist.

Currently plodding through True Detective: Night Country which is not good at all after a promising start.  

Edited by The Realist

19 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Shogun on Hotstar best adaptation since GoT imo...  Japanese history is fascinating. 

3 body problem on Netflix...  Absolute top tier television right there. 

Yup Shogun is unbelievable. Tokyo Vice season 2 is up there too. 

2 hours ago, Vickydev said:

Yup Shogun is unbelievable. Tokyo Vice season 2 is up there too. 

Only half way through it...  Main lead American characters are insufferable but my goodness Ken Watnanabe and that character Sato is so badass. 

Also you must check out Warrior on Netflix... Its actions sequences and martial art stuff is second to none.  Loosely based on Bruce Lee's chronicles in Americas. 

6 hours ago, The Realist said:

Good to hear as Shogun is next on the watchlist.

Currently plodding through True Detective: Night Country which is not good at all after a promising start.  

Only watched True Detective episode 1...  Poor reviews kinda pulled me away. 

They tried to add supernatural stuff with some sprinkles of season 1 storyline. 

TD season 1 was one of the best thing that TV has ever produced. 

I suggest you check out Fargo S4 instead...  Last year's best thing. 

19 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Only half way through it...  Main lead American characters are insufferable but my goodness Ken Watnanabe and that character Sato is so badass. 

Also you must check out Warrior on Netflix... Its actions sequences and martial art stuff is second to none.  Loosely based on Bruce Lee's chronicles in Americas. 

Yeah season 2 definitely is a bit slower but is damn good still. Sato is my favourite character in the series. 

And Warrior is definitely in my list to watch. Great recommendation

17 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Anti-Hindu , I heard. Didn’t know it was banned. Reasons as per this article 

https://vocal.media/geeks/why-is-monkey-man-banned-in-india

Doesn't look like Anti Hindu... Anti establishment movies have been a common theme everywhere (maybe not in CCP ruled areas) ...Censor Board has been pathetic for ages now.   Gotta wait for a OTT release damn

I'd have banned KGF and Put Prashanth Neel in a jail & then went around banning Monkey man. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

On 3/11/2024 at 3:25 PM, Lone Wolf said:

Finally watched Dune 2 in IMAX... 

That colesium sequence was just breathtakingly wild...  I stood up

Denis is a f***ing Legend...  One of the best theater experience of my life. 

Now we wait for Furiosa.. :two_thumbs_up:

Watched it 3 times in Prasadz IMAX..

Dune fans need to build a temple for Denis with a mandatory pilgrimage once a year.

On 3/10/2024 at 7:13 PM, bharathh said:

Watched Dune 2. Found the movie's cinematography, sound effects and overall technical effect superlative... The story is just dumb though. I can't believe ppl are going crazy for this story and kept panning Avatar!

Worth watching for the visuals and sound though. 

Avatar is a documentary fit to be telecast on Discovery Channel. Not a movie material.

On 4/5/2024 at 1:14 PM, coffee_rules said:

Anti-Hindu , I heard. Didn’t know it was banned. Reasons as per this article 

https://vocal.media/geeks/why-is-monkey-man-banned-in-india

No things happen by accident. This is a clear anti-Hindu and anti-Indian rhetoric among the anglo triad and it manifests itself in their propaganda outlets called hollywodd. I tried to explain the same to mulogonto but he comes back with walls of text. Care to engage him on this one :winky:

Never liked Dev Patel. His debut film is also anti-Indian and I'm willing to bet all of his movies he acted in or functioned as a director are anti-Indian. He is a prime example of a foreign born and raised desi who looks desi only in his appearance but gora in his outlook. Try convincing people here that him and his kind who get fame and recognition by goras are not friends to India but only uncle toms and chutney marys.

51 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

No things happen by accident. This is a clear anti-Hindu and anti-Indian rhetoric among the anglo triad and it manifests itself in their propaganda outlets called hollywodd. I tried to explain the same to mulogonto but he comes back with walls of text. Care to engage him on this one :winky:

Never liked Dev Patel. His debut film is also anti-Indian and I'm willing to bet all of his movies he acted in or functioned as a director are anti-Indian. He is a prime example of a foreign born and raised desi who looks desi only in his appearance but gora in his outlook. Try convincing people here that him and his kind who get fame and recognition by goras are not friends to India but only uncle toms and chutney marys.

Agree, he’s grown up in UK seems pretty deracinated. You n one interview, he referred toHanuman as “Monkey God” like an ignorant foreigner, Indians don’t go around talking like missionaries- Monkey/Elephant god etc. Also, pretty woke to connect Game of death action sequence to Indian caste system

:facepalm:

Edited by coffee_rules

35 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Agree, he’s grown up in UK seems pretty deracinated. You n one interview, he referred toHanuman as “Monkey God” like an ignorant foreigner, Indians don’t go around talking like missionaries- Monkey/Elephant god etc. Also, pretty woke to connect Game of death action sequence to Indian caste system

This is what I was talking about to mulogonto. He was talking about India foreign affairs setting up some cultural institute which is great but you cannot ignore what comes from the mainstream media and its impact on a day to day basis. Stuff like this can be ignored in India (although they are trying to make a move here as well) but foreign raised desis are inundated with it. They maybe raised well by their parents but once they go outside into schools, colleges, work place, its always gora views on Indians and they have to defend their culture against it. Its not easy. Many people crack and join with the goras and talk about caste bullshit, monkey gods and all the nonsense.