Lets test your aptitude skills

Austin 3:!6

2 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Also testing BODMAS skills

I learnt it here from my kids, they call it.

"PEMDAS is an acronym for the words parenthesis, exponents, multiplication, division, addition, subtraction. Given two or more operations in a single expression, the order of the letters in PEMDAS tells you what to calculate first, second, third and so on, until the calculation is complete."

https://study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-pemdas-definition-rule-examples.html#:~:text=PEMDAS is an acronym for,until the calculation is complete.

It is 15

First multiply the boy and the cone(which is 5 X 2 since the cone is single). If it was double cone, it would have been 4.

Multiplication is first because of BODMAS/PEMDAS.

Single Shoe is 5, two shoes are 10.

So multiplied answer of boy and cone is 10. Now add that 10 along with the single Shoe value of 5.

So answer is 5 + 5 X 2 = 5 + 10 = 15

I learnt it here from my kids, they call it.

"PEMDAS is an acronym for the words parenthesis, exponents, multiplication, division, addition, subtraction. Given two or more operations in a single expression, the order of the letters in PEMDAS tells you what to calculate first, second, third and so on, until the calculation is complete."

https://study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-pemdas-definition-rule-examples.html#:~:text=PEMDAS is an acronym for,until the calculation is complete.

I see many people struggling with BODMAS. I thought it was a mandatory thing taught in school. Did you not learn it in school?

This is a genuine query, I am not trying to be condescending.

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk

Answer:

Lets assume -

Pair of Shoes = x

Boy = y

Paper = z

Applying BODMAS:

1) 3x = 30

x = 30/3

x = 10

2) 2y + 10 = 20

2y = 20-10

2y = 10

y = 10/2

y = 5

3) 2z + 5 = 13

2z = 13-5

2z = 8

z = 8/2

z = 4

4) Boy is holding 2 paper cones and wearing a pair of shoes:

y=5, z=4, x=10

5+4+10=19

5) There is only 1 shoe i.e 10/2 = 5

+

+

There is only 1 paper i.e 4/2 = 2

5+19*2 = 43

Correct Answer = 43

@Austin 3:!6 Your answer is obviously incorrect.

I don't assign any significance to the algebra you've used, after all y to think about the x's.

The 'boy' = y, you say.

The boy includes the black webbed feet/shoes. So its value is inclusive in the value of y.

When you add the shoes ie x to the 'boy', you have to deduct the value value of the black webbed feet/shoes. He can't wear em Govinda shoes on top of the black shoes. 

You haven't factored that in.

Edited by Mariyam

29 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Answer:

Lets assume -

Pair of Shoes = x

Boy = y

Paper = z

Applying BODMAS:

1) 3x = 30

x = 30/3

x = 10

2) 2y + 10 = 20

2y = 20-10

2y = 10

y = 10/2

y = 5

3) 2z + 5 = 13

2z = 13-5

2z = 8

z = 8/2

z = 4

4) Boy is holding 2 paper cones and wearing a pair of shoes:

y=5, z=4, x=10

5+4+10=19

5) There is only 1 shoe i.e 10/2 = 5

+

+

There is only 1 paper i.e 4/2 = 2

5+19*2 = 43

Correct Answer = 43

How can one shoe be worth anything?

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

Kabhi joota khayi hain? Nobody hits anybody with a pair of shoes. Only one shoe is used. Also. In Iraq. a lawyer hurled one shoe at W. Not a pair of shoes.

qga4i.jpg

Yeah but nobody wears just one shoe around to throw or hit. It would be a dead giveaway otherwise that something like this is going to happen.

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Kabhi joota khayi hain? Nobody hits anybody with a pair of shoes. Only one shoe is used. Also. In Iraq. a lawyer hurled one shoe at W. Not a pair of shoes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_shoeing_incident

He was a journalist, not a lawyer. :whack:

And he hurled both his shoes at the then US president and world Spellbee champion GW Bush.

42 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_shoeing_incident

He was a journalist, not a lawyer. :whack:

And he hurled both his shoes at the then US president and world Spellbee champion GW Bush.

Meh. All humanities graduates are same. Potatas Potatoes . Also, he threw one shoe at a time. Not a pair of shoes at the same time.

Edited by coffee_rules

22 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Why would you multiply them? If we take by weight , it gets added. In what logic would one multiply them?

UNESCO has provided to all Whatsapp university graduates, the answer as 43. Those who can't see the image and goes by OP's description it will be 15.

It looks a bit dodgy to appear in an actual aptitude test. Its like umps bending the rules for bambis every year.