Hardik Pandya shows his support to the Black Lives Matter Movement

Cricketics

9 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

To be honest, Kingston was not as scary as some US cities.  We stayed right in the middle of town, walked around a lot, took random transports to the stadium and back, rode in a cab through Bob Marley's neighborhood, visited the zoo, the university and a public beach.  Just cool friendly people is what we saw.  Plus desis fit in well there.  

Yeah, Caribbean is cool. In fact most of South America, central American places I have been too including Trindad hav ebeen fine. There are bad places everywhere and like you mentioned, some of the places in U.S are more scary to be out than in some of these. I guess difference comes that you know which are those scary places in your own country than you do when you visit another country.

Same with India, UK or most countries in general.

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Yeah, Caribbean is cool. In fact most of South America, central American places I have been too including Trindad hav ebeen fine. There are bad places everywhere and like you mentioned, some of the places in U.S are more scary to be out than in some of these. I guess difference comes that you know which are those scary places in your own country than you do when you visit another country.

Same with India, UK or most countries in general.

Trini is on my bucket list.  

8 hours ago, Vickydev said:

Yes, smiling and giggling while taking the knee. If you've got to do it, then do it honestly...otherwise its just posing really. 

He looks like he is saying " mein kar ke aaya".

As for comparision with Kangana....they both are attention seeking drama queens.

While  Pandya is harmless , the other one is toxic ,narcissistic,opportunistic and highly irritating.

4 hours ago, maniac said:

Before getting into  BLM, Indians should first stop ridiculing their own people for the color of their skin and  promoting fair = beautiful.

Now I know it is typical right wing argument that all lives matter while missing the actual context behind the BlM movement, but still it cheapens and demeans the cause when it comes from a guy like Pandya who has had 0% social responsibility in his actions and behavior and hasn’t shown so far cricketing wise or other that he has even a 0.0001% of intellect.

In fact this makes mockery of the whole moment.

While I think genuinely Pollard and some WI cricketers do like Pandya and his innocence. That is fine and all his antics and behavior can be attributed to his behavior which is that of a village idiot and can be overlooked but it is cringe when this dumb act is portrayed as how Hardik is a soldier of the non violence wing of the Black Panther army. That is disgusting.

All we need tomorrow Kangana coming out in support of Pandua "Maine dekhe hai kitne kaalein logo ko Directors ne role dene se mana kar diya". Man all these celebrities who are related to Bollywood become cringy. They think different and it shows in what they speak/write. Similar trend can be seen in Hollywood. 

These guys are the real Manhurian candidates of India

4 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

To be honest, Kingston was not as scary as some US cities.  We stayed right in the middle of town, walked around a lot, took random transports to the stadium and back, rode in a cab through Bob Marley's neighborhood, visited the zoo, the university and a public beach.  Just cool friendly people is what we saw.  Plus desis fit in well there.  

I think Hollywood has spoilt the image of Mexico as well. We were told to not get out of the resort area in Cancun, but we took the local transport and took a day trip into the sea in one of these catamarans, chilled out crowd, with people minding their business. No cartels moving around with automatic weapons as described.

Baha California, Costa Rica are places to go after the Caribbean. Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) is one of the economic vacations in the Caribbean. Quite a beautiful place.

Edited by coffee_rules

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

I think Hollywood has spoilt the image of Mexico as well. We were told to not get out of the resort area in Cancun, but we took the local transport and took a day trip into the sea in one of these catamarans, chilled out crowd, with people minding their business. No cartels moving around with automatic weapons as described.

Baha California, Costa Rica are places to go after the Caribbean. Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) is one of the economic vacations in the Caribbean. Quite a beautiful place.

They take what happens in Ciudad Juarez and extrapolate it to the whole country.  It's like saying downtown Baltimore is a cesspool, so all of US is a cesspool.  

fun reading all the conspiracy theories here .... while SDP is probably already on to something else now .... no cricketer has had such an impact on cricket fans since Tendulkar and Dhoni (He may surpass following of both Sachin & Dhoni combined) :dontknow:

Also learned some interesting things such as if black lives matter to you, one should marry a black .... by that token, no white person married to a white (or a black married to a white) should be supporting BLM 

Edited by zen

8 hours ago, putrevus said:

Why is Pollard smiling . These guys (African descent players) who are not in US need to  understand the gravity of situation. Black youth and men are subjected to racial profiling everyday and it is so scary that they don't even if they will come home after going out.

Although, Blacks killed by cops is a staggering number, most of Blacks deaths is in Black-on-Black crime in cities like Chicago, Bronx, Camden, Baltimore, LA

21 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Although, Blacks killed by cops is a staggering number, most of Blacks deaths is in Black-on-Black crime in cities like Chicago, Bronx, Camden, Baltimore, LA

That is just an excuse made by the pro-police media .Black-on-black crimes has nothing to do  blacks being killed by cops.They are two completly different things. 

Police have to do better , it is as simple as that and they should create much more cordial atmosphere where everyone can coexist without fear.

6 hours ago, putrevus said:

That is just an excuse made by the pro-police media .Black-on-black crimes has nothing to do  blacks being killed by cops.They are two completly different things. 

Police have to do better , it is as simple as that and they should create much more cordial atmosphere where everyone can coexist without fear.

I know, but journalists don’t differentiate. When you say, they don’t know if they will return back home. It is a crime stat , and it is driven more by deaths due to black crime rate than cops shootings 

8 hours ago, zen said:

fun reading all the conspiracy theories here .... while SDP is probably already on to something else now .... no cricketer has had such an impact on cricket fans since Tendulkar and Dhoni (He may surpass following of both Sachin & Dhoni combined) :dontknow:

Also learned some interesting things such as if black lives matter to you, one should marry a black .... by that token, no white person married to a white (or a black married to a white) should be supporting BLM 

Dude too many acronyms. Who is this SDP guy? 

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I know, but journalists don’t differentiate. When you say, they don’t know if they will return back home. It is a crime stat , and it is driven more by deaths due to black crime rate than cops shootings 

They fear for their lives everytime they step out of the houses from police.Their thinking is so different, it  does not matter if they are rich , poor educated  or uneducated.

See the above incident happened in broad daylight five years ago in NYC  , if James Blake did anything that day to defend himself he would have been dead by now. This type of discrimination is not done to any other race in America.

14 hours ago, zen said:

Give it a break. You are mixing SDP thinking with normal people.

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

The difference is that law enforcement officers should be expected to exhibit higher standards of restraint and fairness than the average street criminal.   

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

28 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

The difference is that law enforcement officers should be expected to exhibit higher standards of restraint and fairness than the average street criminal.   

I am not denying what you say. Blacks have had to face more racial profiling than all of us, they get pulled over more often than rest of us, but also, they are most often to be in possession of drugs more often as well. I am talking of crime data where they show crime rates and Black deaths, it is mostly in Black neighborhoods. Recenty, a five-yr old dying in a drive-by is not national news. Looting is accepted as a BLM protest, 

21 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I am not denying what you say. Blacks have had to face more racial profiling than all of us, they get pulled over more often than rest of us, but also, they are most often to be in possession of drugs more often as well. I am talking of crime data where they show crime rates and Black deaths, it is mostly in Black neighborhoods. Recenty, a five-yr old dying in a drive-by is not national news. Looting is accepted as a BLM protest, 

Didn’t some area had defund police or no police or something, then number of killing by those who became self appointed incharge of Policing The zone increased drastically.

Ghode ke dabane ke dar se sabaki phatatee hai. Vardee vala ho yaa bina vardee ke

Edited by mishra