• MI narrowly wins
    • Eng steamrolls MI
    • MI steamrolls Eng
  2. 2. Which side will win in SENA?

• Eng narrowly wins
    • MI narrowly wins
    • Eng steamrolls MI
    • MI steamrolls Eng

Just to compare the standard of cricket. MI is the GOAT franchise T20 side but how will it fare against the standout white ball international team of this era? 

Picking Eng because it is a scary side and no Pom in MI T20 setup.

Who do you reckon will win?

MI side we more or less know:

Kock

Ro

SKY

Kishan

Pollard

Smarter Pandya

Other Pandya

Jayant/Chahar

NCN/Pattinson

Boult

Bumrah

Pick English XI from this squad: Hales, Roy, Bairstow, Buttler, Morgan(c), Stokes, Malan, Banton, Billings, Root, Moeen, Archer, Currans, Rashid, Jordan, Wood, Woakes, Willey, Plunkett

I think Eng will steamroll this MI side in SENA, maybe drop one match cos of off day. In SC a 3-2 win for Poms, mainly cos MI batsmen will do better in these (relatively) low bouncing and slower/sluggish conditions. 

Not a single dept where MI is better than Eng national side: top order, middle order, hard hitters, batting depth, spinners, fielding, fitness, bench strength....closest will be pace bowling unit but Archer makes it equal. Ro is a great captain but Poms have Morgan. MI has attack attack attack philosophy, Poms have attack attack attack on steroids. 

Edited by Gollum

26 minutes ago, GeeGaw said:

Where they playing?

24 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

On @Gollum's XBOX

Ok added another poll (previous one removed)....5 match series in SENA and 5 match series in SC

Standardized T20 pitches (but won't change inherent nature, WACA suddenly won't play slow like Chepauk)...ok assume Aus (SENA) and Ind (SC), next 2 T20 WC venues. 

Edited by Gollum

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

You want :mi: to play England (for example) in New Zealand?

Whatever for?

Ignore, if a stupid question.

Australia as I wrote in an earlier post. Just want to see different conditions....Aus will be like polar opposite of Ind conditions.

Steep bounce, quick deck, not much assistance for finger spin, large ground dimensions (more 1s/2s since not that easy to clear boundary, more emphasis on running between wickets, fitness, fielding).... will be fun to see how MI adapts outside comfort zone. 

Pitches in T20s remain more or less batting friendly so not much advantage there 

Eng has a relatively stronger batting, while MI has a relatively stronger bowling esp with Bumrah & Boult, along with Malinga (injured in this tournament iirc), who are T20 ATG.  Eng has mainly Archer 

Pollard and SDP are/on their way to being  among ATG finishers. MI openers are world class too with QdK and Rohit 

Overall, I would say it will be a tie 5-5. 

Edited by zen

3 minutes ago, zen said:

Pitches in T20s remain more or less batting friendly so not much advantage there 

True that but teams will have to adapt. Both Mohali and Brisbane will see 160-170 scores but in one case spinners will be more of a threat, ball will come slower, bounce less. Krunal will be useful with the bat in Mohali, not in Brisbane. Likewise some Pom batters who like pace on the ball will find Mohali on the tougher side. All about adaptability and I see Poms doing it better since those guys are exposed to more variety of conditions. 

Malinga is quite old and slow now. Pollard doesn't find it easy in T20Is, one of the weak links in WI.

But if MI gets hold of Starc next season I will say the contest will be very close to equal. Bumrah/Boult/Starc wow.

Edited by Gollum

9 minutes ago, Gollum said:

True that but teams will have to adapt. Both Mohali and Brisbane will see 160-170 scores but in one case spinners will be more of a threat, ball will come slower, bounce less. Krunal will be useful with the bat in Mohali, not in Brisbane. Likewise some Pom batters who like pace on the ball will find Mohali on the tougher side. All about adaptability and I see Poms doing it better since those guys are exposed to more variety of conditions. 

MI has experienced players like  QdK, Rohit, Pollard, SDP, Boult, Bumrah & Malinga, who can adjust to the conditions. MI’s ATG bowlers can be deadly in bowler friendly conditions, while its batsmen deadly in batting friendly ones. SKY, Kishan, Krunal, Chahar and Jayant are good enough to get into various national teams too 

England will win - Archer, Butler, Stokes loves bashing MI (thats why RR in recent yrs have done well against them ) 

The indian player who nullifies archer is KL rahul 

Also England has lefties MI biggest problem 

England tail batting is way way way ahead of MI 

They cud trump RR coz no one was aside Archer, there wud be wood , woakes, jordan who becomes better in each other company 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

12 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Haven't watched last couple of T20 series of Poms closely, don't follow their domestic T20 competition. Feel free to suggest names if I missed some player(s) in my OP squad. 

england opens with Butler in t20 and have david malan whose record is as good as KL rahul in t20 , hales isnt in consideration now 

1. Butler
  2. Roy
  3. Malan
  4. bairtstrow
  5. Stokes
  6. Morgan 
  7. Moeen/ Willey/ Sam
  8. Woakes
  9. Archer
  10. Rashid 
  11. Wood/Jordan / Tom curran

England batting depth is crazy...both tom n jordan can bat 

On paper England should have dominated every team in worldcup 2019 but it wasn't same story. They were almost out of worldcup but special thanks to thala's knock which almost saved them and even in final they required luck to tie the match. No need to over hype England players they just won it marginally at home and haven't won any t20 worldcup (with this team) to be compared with MI.