'Delhi Chalo' movement/farmers protest

speedheat

25 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

Not surprised by their opposition to direct money transfer. Agriculture sector has been exploited for tax evasion and money laundering for ages. Government needs to digitize all farming transactions to close these loopholes.

I have sort of given a long rope to try and understand the intentions and concerns. But in absence of any specifics, one has to conclude that these jokers are pure disrupters. Mix of anti bjp and Khalistani with tadka of pure jaahils taking some innocent farmers of one state for a proverbial ride. 

Pretty sure all of the folks on this forum who are opposing it fall in one of the three or all three categories ..:p 

It's applaudable that despite Covid and these mob threatening chaos & panic, there is no food shortage, nor high prices. This mob want to increase costs with roads block, and disrupting lives of common man. And after 26/1, it also about hurting anybody. No true Indian can support such anti-democratic, intolerant and hostile group.

Next, keeping poor people poor is the only goal of the mob. The protests done nothing for the poor, they aren't talking about them. It's only about the farmer "babus" who want their undisputed king status unchallenged. Thereby, the status quo to "prevail".  The main businessman in this country are the "farming babus". We really need to identity them and talk about them. These babus make the gullible poor think they own them. That's a big insult to our poor people who are themselves capable given they get right resources, and market freedom. And that was all the 3 farm bills was about.

And India might be out of RCEP for now, but further trade and globalization is inevitable. So why I as a consumer keeping paying high for the veggies? Thus, innovation, technology, quality over quantity, direct market access, online payments, are essential and such reforms has to be welcomed. The 3 farm bills has the power to help lead the way.

On 3/7/2021 at 10:41 PM, donkey said:

Not surprised by their opposition to direct money transfer. Agriculture sector has been exploited for tax evasion and money laundering for ages. Government needs to digitize all farming transactions to close these loopholes.

Name one sector in India that does not have tax evasion. Stop the corrupt officials who take bribe in GOI. 

On 3/8/2021 at 10:11 AM, donkey said:

It's better BJP first clean it's home first

46% of BJP are crorepati farmers

2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

It's surprising that despite proven failure of corporate in farm sector  Large number of people believe that these laws will  change fortune of farmers.

We recently talked of corporates & regulation I guess, there's a balance to be figured. Same thing with agriculture.

I've heard the rant of agriculture being regulated all over the world which isn't entirely going away in India but no one ever mentioned how many countries, developed or otherwise have this system of MSP paid by govt & how many crops is it applicable to ?

3 hours ago, Singh bling said:

It's better BJP first clean it's home first

46% of BJP are crorepati farmers

Bhai, Probably same is the ratio among small medium and big size Industrialist. They all are part time farmers. If you are to believe their CAs,, then officially most spendable source of income is  from their part time farming. Their industrial earning is either loss or just gets re-invested in farming.

Why go that far, our own Rahul Baba is officially farmer, Whole Sonia Gandhi Vadra family are part time farmers. Farming is a machine where you put black money in and you get same or more white money out(How 1crore black money becomes 1.2 crore white money, lesson for another day).

Edited by mishra

4 minutes ago, Clarke said:

We recently talked of corporates & regulation I guess, there's a balance to be figured. Same thing with agriculture.

I've heard the rant of agriculture being regulated all over the world which isn't entirely going away in India but no one ever mentioned how many countries, developed or otherwise have this system of MSP paid by govt & how many crops is it applicable to ?

Either you pay MSP or big input subsidies. Indian farmers are now paying 80 rupees diesel so they are paying heavy tax on input cost. While they get barely 49 usd per farmer subsidy. On the other hand US farmer get 7500 usd while EU farmer gets 1000 usd subsidy

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/economy/agri-business/why-farm-subsidies-in-india-are-far-lower-than-in-rich-countries/article31839911.ece

Also Spain has already passed a law that purchasing farm produce below input cost is crime

https://www.eurofresh-distribution.com/news/spain-passes-law-protect-farmers-against-price-abuse

5 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Either you pay MSP or big input subsidies. Indian farmers are now paying 80 rupees diesel so they are paying heavy tax on input cost. While they get barely 49 usd per farmer subsidy. On the other hand US farmer get 7500 usd while EU farmer gets 1000 usd subsidy

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/economy/agri-business/why-farm-subsidies-in-india-are-far-lower-than-in-rich-countries/article31839911.ece

Also Spain has already passed a law that purchasing farm produce below input cost is crime

https://www.eurofresh-distribution.com/news/spain-passes-law-protect-farmers-against-price-abuse

I absolutely agree with this. Fertilizer, electricity and seeds are three basic components where government can easily provide them enough sops. Diesel is not easy as Indians will start buying diesel as farmers. so a direct payment into bank account of poor farmers will help. This is start.

I would go even further and put quality education and medical facilities at village level as priority for GoI so that farmers can be benefited.

5 hours ago, Singh bling said:

It's surprising that despite proven failure of corporate in farm sector  Large number of people believe that these laws will  change fortune of farmers.

And this is what farmers are afraid of. farmers know lot more than career bueraucrats who craft these policies.

3 hours ago, Clarke said:

Pretty much every western Europe and North America. They dont call it MSP by name but there is a gauranteed value associated with crop. Sometimes farmers are also paid to not produce.

Look I fully understand that these reforms are needed but the way it is getting done is the issue.

2 hours ago, mishra said:

I absolutely agree with this. Fertilizer, electricity and seeds are three basic components where government can easily provide them enough sops. Diesel is not easy as Indians will start buying diesel as farmers. so a direct payment into bank account of poor farmers will help. This is start.

I would go even further and put quality education and medical facilities at village level as priority for GoI so that farmers can be benefited.

Your heart is in the right place, but these things cannot be rushed. Farmers understand that their profession is on decline but let us make the landing a soft one. These laws are heading towards a crash landing.

Punjab chief minister Captain Amarinder Singh on Monday confirmed long-held suspicions that he is more concerned with the interests of the middlemen in the state than that of the farmers when he termed the centre’s move on direct payment to farmers for crop procurement as “another provocation” that would aggravate the ongoing crisis over the farm laws.

UK Labour MP Tanmanjeet Singh asked Prime Minister in Parliament today -

"Mr. PM, we are concerned about farmers security in India. Would you speak with Indian govt to solve this cricis"

Boris Johnson -"Yes are aware of the tensions between India and Pakistan but its a matter between those 2 countries"

Labour MP is like 'Yeh kya bol raha hai BC' spacer.png

Epic fail...UK is not Canada..LOL.

Looks like Boris Johnson is not even aware of any farmers protest going on in India. He has bigger and better things to worry.

See the video below:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

Punjab chief minister Captain Amarinder Singh on Monday confirmed long-held suspicions that he is more concerned with the interests of the middlemen in the state than that of the farmers when he termed the centre’s move on direct payment to farmers for crop procurement as “another provocation” that would aggravate the ongoing crisis over the farm laws.

Link please.