Navdeep Saini is overrated.

Bhoot

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Saini was running in much better today and executed the plans assigned to him much better than day 1.

Make no mistake he is better than all biryani munchers of Pakistan's Greta bowling factory excluding Shaheenaa. wouldn't even take Shaheenaa over saini in Aussie conditions though. 

Saini is good. He just needs a few games to calm the nerves. He needs a full series.

We should play him vs England. Have a nasty feeling he would end some careers there. 

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

The day he starts hitting the right areas regularly at 145 k+ ... like he was doing in 2017 to 2019 ... the opposition will have a real tough time.

And today he gave us hope that he maybe do it sooner rather than later.

Like you said in another post, it is about getting the confidence that he belongs to this stage.

He is a hard workers. I love hard workers. 

It's the ball that makes a difference. He is so potent with sg ball. He just needs time to get used to kokkaburra. 

Kokkaburra is a bit smaller but harder I think. 

16 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

I am also very disappointed that he did not take 20 wickets in the first innings in his debut match. He did not even bowl at 170kph. Kick him out.

Least he could do is not go for 4 runs per over and bowl continues short n wide. 

17 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

I am also very disappointed that he did not take 20 wickets in the first innings in his debut match. He did not even bowl at 170kph. Kick him out.

I love the bad faith acting. You know if it was not for speed guns you would be abusing any other bowler. He has been leaking runs like a sieve and putting pressure on bumrah. Siraj and him have been like day and night. But hey speed guns.....ngghhh 

1 minute ago, New guy said:

I love the bad faith acting. You know if it was not for speed guns you would be abusing any other bowler. He has been leaking runs like a sieve and putting pressure on bumrah. Siraj and him have been like day and night. But hey speed guns.....ngghhh 

I am a lovable guy bro. But one other quality I have is foresight. And realizing a talent when I see one. You can make way man! 

8 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I am a lovable guy bro. But one other quality I have is foresight. And realizing a talent when I see one. You can make way man! 

The only talent some of you see is speed gun reading. Natarajan has almost exactly the same domestic stats as Siani but he is a trundler because he doesn't clock on speed guns.

Natarajan FC: 20 matches, 64 wickets, Avg 27.03

Saini FC: 46 matches, 128 wickets, Avg 28.46

The day you can look beyond speed gun readings, the day I will admit you can recognize talent 

4 minutes ago, New guy said:

The only talent some of you see is speed gun reading. Natarajan has almost exactly the same domestic stats as Siani but he is a trundler because he doesn't clock on speed guns.

Natarajan FC: 20 matches, 64 wickets, Avg 27.03

Saini FC: 46 matches, 128 wickets, Avg 28.46

The day you can look beyond speed gun readings, the day I will admit you can recognize talent 

I dont need your certification man. Not from someone who doesnt know the difference between a T20 and a Test bowler. Take care buddy

5 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Not sure why Saini is even rated. He bowls floaty trash a lot. Having said that, having natarajan as a test bowler is a laughable thought. At his height and average speed, he would not find success even if he bowled with extreme accuracy.  

Should have played Kuldeep, we could have restricted Labuschagne with that.

2 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Only on this pitch, not in Gabba. Kuldeep would have troubled Labuschagne given how he struggled against Jadeja and Ashwin.

Kuldeep would have been taken to the cleaners in my opinion. Last time he faced a weaker lineup and had scoreboard pressure to work with.  We are lacking quality  pace more than anything.  Of course , none of that matters when the batting looks like it's done and dusted and is main concern.

1 minute ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Kuldeep would have been taken to the cleaners in my opinion. Last time he faced a weaker lineup and had scoreboard pressure to work with.  We are lacking quality  pace more than anything.  Of course , none of that matters when the batting looks like it's done and dusted and is main concern.

Maybe. Bowlers have given their 100% irrespective of the series result but batsmen have disappointed.

2 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Maybe. Bowlers have given their 100% irrespective of the series result but batsmen have disappointed.

Yeah but Saini, in particular , is not test class.  Regardless of the pace he bowls at. Cant rely on shami and ishant forever as they are not exactly young. Saini is clearly not the answer. Although yes, batting is clearly the bigger concern. In SENA, we are consistently getting exposed.

4 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

He's 28 already. It would be better to invest in Prasidh Krishna than trying to make something out of Saini.

I'd say its better to invest in prasidh and Kartik Tyagi, Saini is low on confidence, deffo needs a better performance,but the wrist slitting is just ridiculous here,if you guy had ur ways dhoni would have been dumped when he was runout for 12 and sharma would have been thrown out.