Gabba prediction

Gollum

Austalia 166 ao

India 29/9 when Malcolm Yadav watches rocky movies for inspiration and shows up at 11. Hits a huge slog but finds Labu in the boundary line who drops it and runs for a single while gesturing to Labu that he has dropped the match. Rockstar Sir Jadeja gets back on strike and hits the trundler cummins to deep midwicket for a huge six and does his sword thing.

Top 30 Jadeja GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Cummins was dropped late in the day, hope it doesn't cost us big. 

One wicket in and things will move to their inevitable conclusion.

Question is whether we will have to score more or less than 50.  And can we do it without losing any wickets. I wouldn't really mind if we have to chase 30 40 odd, and Mayank gets some runs and confidence to take to the next test. 

6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

One wicket in and things will move to their inevitable conclusion.

Question is whether we will have to score more or less than 50.  And can we do it without losing any wickets. I wouldn't really mind if we have to chase 30 40 odd, and Mayank gets some runs and confidence to take to the next test. 

Problem with Mayank is he is having a baseball batter type of backlift and that plays into Starc's inswinger whether it be fuller length or yorker and he is late on the ball in all 3 of the dismissals.

58 minutes ago, sandeep said:

All that is fine, he got unlucky in the 1st innings, he will be OK.  

You're not getting it. His bat was behind the pad when the ball hit the pad. That;s not luck. Its a technique issue. Apart from being late on the shot, even if he managed to get bat to it, he would be playing towards midwicket to a delivery pitched on off stump. He is just a walking wicket like Shaw. Only hope is Starc gives us some freebies early on and Mayank manages to put it away and get into some form.

17 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

You're not getting it. His bat was behind the pad when the ball hit the pad. That;s not luck. Its a technique issue. Apart from being late on the shot, even if he managed to get bat to it, he would be playing towards midwicket to a delivery pitched on off stump. He is just a walking wicket like Shaw. Only hope is Starc gives us some freebies early on and Mayank manages to put it away and get into some form.

I "get" your point - what I am asserting is that inspite of his technical issues he can still find a method to be an effective opener.  

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

I "get" your point - what I am asserting is that inspite of his technical issues he can still find a method to be an effective opener.  

ok tell me how you came to conclude that despite being late on the ball and having a high backlift that too for an opener, he can be effective. Mayank of 2018 didnt have this technique. That's why it worked. are you going on his historical success in Aus. Even the mightiest batsmen have a poor run like Smith in these two tests and Kohli in that 2017 series. If you are going by your hunches, you are not really asserting just swinging in the dark

7 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

ok tell me how you came to conclude that despite being late on the ball and having a high backlift that too for an opener, he can be effective. Mayank of 2018 didnt have this technique. That's why it worked. are you going on his historical success in Aus. Even the mightiest batsmen have a poor run like Smith in these two tests and Kohli in that 2017 series. If you are going by your hunches, you are not really asserting just swinging in the dark

Lets see how Mayank goes the rest of the series...

Edit: To clarify - I'm not a big believer in Mayank's potential or technique as a batsman, and do not see him as a long-term solution. However, I like his character, and yes my gut feeling is that he can find a way to be effective and contribute in this series.

Edited by sandeep

Rohit will score a 200. Gill and Pant will make 50s.. India will make 500+ if they bat first

Warner will fail to ashwin both times. Newcomer Pucoske will get 50.. Smith might score a 100 in one innings. Aswin will get his first 5fer in Aus

Saini will rattle the tail and pick 2-3 wickets in both innings

Match will go on to day 5 last session.. India win/Draw

21 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Rohit will score a 200. Gill and Pant will make 50s.. India will make 500+ if they bat first

Warner will fail to ashwin both times. Newcomer Pucoske will get 50.. Smith might score a 100 in one innings. Aswin will get his first 5fer in Aus

Saini will rattle the tail and pick 2-3 wickets in both innings

Match will go on to day 5 last session.. India win/Draw

Man I don't back our batsman to rack up even 350..  Happy to be proven wrong.  Aussie bowlers are coming after a 8-9 days rest so they'll be  charged up.  Last time we posed 600+ was when Aussies had toiled hard before MCG & were physically drained. 

SCG is a patta but so was MCG supposed to be.  Safe to say if we score 400 we will win hands down