Shardul , the Medium Pace All rounder. Now Competition to Hardik

11 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Pandya was luxury in tests which TM could not afford but foolish TM still carried him only to lose two winnable away series.

When all bowlers are fit , neither Shardul or Pandya are needed for the team.

Shardul does provide a decent option when traveling to SENA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Pandya the batsman could extend the application we saw in ODIs to test then he certainly could play test. If he had not gone back home he would have certainly played 3 and 4th test purely as batsman. 

1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Dear he is a genuine talent with the bat. earlier his batting skills could be less but as of today He is a better bowler than Hardik and a little bit less of a batsman than Hardik.

He is way better than a Dubey or Vijay or other "wanna be Pace all rounders". 

His bowling was probably even better than Siraj in this Test, he got 7 and siraj got 6 wickets.  He does give away some runs but once he plays fr India regularly , he will improve.

best past is he bowls from 130 to 143K range with a lot of balls between 135 to 140K , he balls fuller length and can get little swing.

once ishant shammi Umesh Boom are available , Siraj saini and shardul wil compete for back up bowler slot, i dont see Nattu competing in Tests. At his pace , even snicks wont carry to fielders.

Bahut diff hota hai geniune talent with bat vs can bat men. 

Shubhman gill is what u call geniune talent with bat

4 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

If Pandya the batsman could extend the application we saw in ODIs to test then he certainly could play test. If he had not gone back home he would have certainly played 3 and 4th test purely as batsman. 

I don't think he is good enough to play as top order batsman. Playing odis on flattest pitches and playing test cricket is completely different. Let him work on his batting and play FC and score runs there before selecting him. Till then let him play odis and t20s and leave test cricket for others.

49 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Pandya was luxury in tests which TM could not afford but foolish TM still carried him only to lose two winnable away series.

When all bowlers are fit , neither Shardul or Pandya are needed for the team.

Shardul does provide a decent option when traveling to SENA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Ashwin and jaddu are playing then we don't need any other all rounder.

I know Shardul has bowled well this match but I won't go overboard given that he has been very inconsistent in past and does not really look to be a bowler who can pick up wickets unless gifted by batsmen. But this match specially the second innings, credit is all his and he deserves all the applause. 

The other thing that I felt about Shardul is he looks to have decent batting skills with a decent technique. Infact he seems to be a better batsman than a bowler but does not excel in either of those, hence will really struggle in India but could be under consideration for Engalnd away series.

Edited by RajBan
47 minutes ago, Soldier said:

If Ashwin and jaddu are playing then we don't need any other all rounder.

I mentioned this before 2018 that India should play both Ashwin and Jadeja in all tests. They will add more value than bits and pieces players like Pandya. I don't want Thakur to be part of the team everywhere either.He sure did his bit to be part of the mix.

Edited by putrevus
19 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

That's all we need, someone like BK or PK type bowler! I was really impressed by his movement in the air.

Yes, he surely can bat for good 20-25 runs in general .

Pandya is much ahead of him as fast bowling allrounder  in terms of impact but if he is not fit or not available for Tests then Shardul definitely remains in contention. Ironically Shardul's fitness record is not something to draw confidence either.

Edited by RajBan
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Kohli bhakt still in dellusion that we lost in SA and eng due to pandya....ab koi batao bina pandya ke konsa NZ men jeet gaye

LOL reminds me of the quote about dog's tail...can never ever be straightened. Bowlers, batsmen, young players, umpires, BCCI, even Shastri and other coaches - all are the reasons why we lose away from home but never our captain choker as per the cheerleader

33 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

And failed 10x as much? Except two fluke performances HP has done absolutely nothing of note in tests, albeit against some of the greatest bowling & toughest conditions in SA, Eng.

i was being sarcastic. shardul only played one test whereas hardik has played a mammoth 10 hahaha

Edited by goose