STUART BROAD: England had no gripes about India's Chennai pitch... why shouldn't home teams get an advantage? We got outplayed and were out-skilled

sage

Good on Broad, I don't see Eng players crying, just a few pathetic ex-players and brown slaves.

India scored 600+ runs in T2, our #8 scored an effortless century.

Now rewind to our 2018 tour to Eng and try to find out how many times hosts crossed 600 in their 2 innings. Yeah that's right, just 1/5 times that too in final test after series was decided 

Self-loathing coolies may whine as much as they want here but if Chepauk pitch was bad ICC should ban cricket in many countries

10 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

That didn't happen strangely.

Hardly, pitches in India always play better than they look especially post 2k - that first Chennai pitch was in fact more like the 90's track that aided reverse swing & spin massively come day 5 :whack2:

If anything Eng had too much luck in the first test.

2 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Hardly, pitches in India always play better than they look especially post 2k - that first Chennai pitch was in fact more like the 90's track that aided reverse swing & spin massively come day 5 :whack2:

If anything Eng had too much luck in the first test.

I don't disagree with that, we could have still salvaged that match though. They had similar luck in the 1st test at rajkot in 2016 where everyone from pujara to vijay to rahul chipped in and ensured we didn't lose the match.

The one thing that tends to get swept under the rug in such defeats is our appalling catching & even fielding - I can't remember one close test we lost vs SA/Eng especially back in 2018 where fielding didn't have a major impact. The bugger losses like Lord's or the last test vs Eng wouldn't have been avoided with anything but rain gods intervening. The point is we still have massive room for improvement there & no dominant test side has ever had such poor catching :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

The one thing that tends to get swept under the rug in such defeats is our appalling catching & even fielding - I can't remember one close test we lost vs SA/Eng especially back in 2018 where fielding didn't have a major impact. The bugger losses like Lord's or the last test vs Eng wouldn't have been avoided with anything but rain gods intervening. The point is we still have massive room for improvement there & no dominant test side has ever had such poor catching :facepalm:

Kohli things fielding quality is a function of how many abs you have