Sundar can be promoted up the order in place of Iyer

2 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

Think surely he will replace one of the regular batsman like Shreyas Iyer in World T20, so someone like Bumrah can come in. Needs to bat up the order in the next couple of games. This series is mostly for finding the right X1 for World T20 anyway.

Do you really think so - If so, why was SKY dropped?

Get Sundar to open with Rohit and ask him to be the Sunil Narine of KKR.

Kishan, Kolhi, SKY at 3,4,5

Pant, Pandya at 6,7

Plan B : Open with Kishan, Rohit.. At 3,4,5 come Kohli, SKY, Pant... and then at 6,7 play Pandya and Tewatia... Kick out Chahal.. and play Sundar, Varun, Bumrah and Nattu as the 4 bowlers

Just now, RAZPOR said:

he can score at similar rate and can give the option to add a bowler or batsman.

Jadeja comes in for mental midget no.1 IMO, that's the biggest change I want - then BK out & Bumrah & maybe Natarajan in. Thakur should play only if the conditions really suite him - i.e. slow/low track without dew!

1 minute ago, R!TTER said:

Jadeja comes in for mental midget no.1 IMO, that's the biggest change I want - then BK out & Bumrah & maybe Natarajan in. Thakur should play only if the conditions really suite him - i.e. slow/low track without dew!

shami should be kept in the loop,he might go for a few but he will get us early wickets

On 3/16/2021 at 10:43 PM, bowl_out said:

Get Sundar to open with Rohit and ask him to be the Sunil Narine of KKR.

Kishan, Kolhi, SKY at 3,4,5

Pant, Pandya at 6,7

Plan B : Open with Kishan, Rohit.. At 3,4,5 come Kohli, SKY, Pant... and then at 6,7 play Pandya and Tewatia... Kick out Chahal.. and play Sundar, Varun, Bumrah and Nattu as the 4 bowlers

Both great ideas! Hope we get to see these at-least partially.

On 3/16/2021 at 10:43 PM, kubrickian said:

KL/Rohit is the chosen opening pair for World T20. So they need to have some practice as the openers.

Actually it should be other way round  at least till WCT20 in Oct.  Rohit/KL are chosen pair  but need to find the best 3 rd opener if you have to replace one of them  may be due to Injury bad form etc. 

So before WC need to identify that opener. 

Edited by prudent_kreeda

Sundar is a victim of his own success as a T20 bowler.  For this format, he is perceived as a bowler who can bat a bit, thus never getting a chance to prove his worth with the bat.  Honestly, I am not sure he will be a truly effective modern T20 bat, but if he is, he adds incredible balance.  He can open the batting or play #4, clearing space in the rear for another bowling all-rounder like say Axar Patel.

But then again, am just another guy with a "play-the-newbie" complex and a keyboard, so ...

Edited by BacktoCricaddict