You think IPL will be cancelled/postponed because of COVID?

flamy

40 minutes ago, test fan said:

Yes Stop this circus now. Im biggest cricket lover still want to Stop this circus .

1 hour ago, nevada said:

The players, especially the overseas ones, must be at breaking point. But their safety and mental well being was never the highest priority. $$$ is the numero uno priority.

Arent the players safest inside the bio-secure bubble? Most players like south africans are way safer inside the bubble than even back home so dont understand where this sentiment is coming from. If the bubble was breached or rules were lax, I would understand, but today a bio secure bubble is among the safest places on earth

3 minutes ago, New guy said:

Arent the players safest inside the bio-secure bubble? Most players like south africans are way safer inside the bubble than even back home so dont understand where this sentiment is coming from. If the bubble was breached or rules were lax, I would understand, but today a bio secure bubble is among the safest places on earth

The bubble is safe but focusing on cricket while hearing reports of mounting case numbers, deaths, shortage of oxygen, patients dying outside hospital doors for lack of capacity, etc could be very stressful. MSD's parents are in hospital with Covid and he has decided to stay back in the IPL, at-least for the time being.  So far only one player has walked out due to the stress, so evidently the situation is not a deal breaker yet for the players. Let's see if they keep the show going on for a few weeks more. 

I don't see a problem if they maintain a strict bubble, which they seem to be doing till now. 

You cannot shut down everything. The money that IPL generates cannot be discounted, especially when the economy is in crisis. Also, people need some entertainment in these stressful times.