PM Cares Fund

sarcastic

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Yup we all know how 26/11 was handled with the policemen shooting over the wall without looking :lol:It would be no better with congress but bjp is supposed to be different. they are all the same. all jumla. They spent so many crores for that huge statue and the ahmedabad stadium quite recently during these times. Why doesnt the pm ask ambani and adani after whom the stands were named after. why us? Nobody seems to be asking this question.

They also made hospitals too. Above argument is very similar by some folks about India's expenditure on ISRO and moon mission when there are people dieing out of poverty and shitting in open.

Earlier I was angry but common sense has come back. No one can do anything when positivity rate is 50%. New variant seem to be very effective. Whole families are getting infected. Do you blame the person who got Corona first in each family. No. Because he is helpless.

9 minutes ago, mishra said:

They also made hospitals too. Above argument is very similar by some folks about India's expenditure on ISRO and moon mission when there are people dieing out of poverty and shitting in open.

Earlier I was angry but common sense has come back. No one can do anything when positivity rate is 50%. New variant seem to be very effective. Whole families are getting infected. Do you blame the person who got Corona first in each family. No. Because he is helpless.

That's not a good excuse. most tobacco companies pay for "anti cigarette and lung cancer campaigns". doesnt mean that they are innocent. Moon mission lol. I guess you believe anything that comes out on the news. New variant seems to be more dangerous because the vaccine was released just a month ago. My theory is that the vaccine must be blamed. We survived without a vaccine for more than a year. When UK developed its vaccine, we saw the UK strain come into effect within a week or two. When you put two and two together and stop watching the news, it becomes all the more clearer.

34 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

That's not a good excuse. most tobacco companies pay for "anti cigarette and lung cancer campaigns". doesnt mean that they are innocent. Moon mission lol. I guess you believe anything that comes out on the news. New variant seems to be more dangerous because the vaccine was released just a month ago. My theory is that the vaccine must be blamed. We survived without a vaccine for more than a year. When UK developed its vaccine, we saw the UK strain come into effect within a week or two. When you put two and two together and stop watching the news, it becomes all the more clearer.

UK and India both developed vaccine together. Covishield. India made Vaccines Were exported to UK. SII manufacturing vaccines for both UK and India.  India started vaccination on Jan 16. In UK, it was in December.

Edited by rkt.india

On 5/5/2021 at 3:57 AM, Real McCoy said:

That's not a good excuse. most tobaccocompanies pay for "anti cigarette and lung cancer campaigns". doesnt mean that they are innocent. Moon mission lol. I guess you believe anything that comes out on the news. New variant seems to be more dangerous because the vaccine was released just a month ago. My theory is that the vaccine must be blamed. We survived without a vaccine for more than a year. When UK developed its vaccine, we saw the UK strain come into effect within a week or two. When you put two and two together and stop watching the news, it becomes all the more clearer.

Dude what are your opinions on earths curvature.. :cantstop:

5 hours ago, Vilander said:

Dude what are your opinions on earths curvature.. :cantstop:

lol I don't believe the earth is flat ok. If you find any moon landing hoax videos on YT (if you can find them at all these days), they have a subscript at the bottom of the video saying "Flat Earth theory". They want everyone who questions the moon landing videos into a lunatic section they can control. They also have nurses dancing in the hospitals with a subscript on corona or anti vaccers. You would think YT is user controlled but it is not. It has become main stream TV

3 hours ago, Under_Score said:

There are pertinent questions raised in the video. I don't even need to watch videos like this to say its BS. Why can't they use our tax money for this. We pay first world taxes to get third world benefits. But the main question I have is why name it "PM cares fund". It could have been "Govt of India health fund" or something like that. He wants his name on it even in these times. Just like the stadium named after him removing Sardar Patel who was a bigger man than him.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

There are pertinent questions raised in the video. I don't even need to watch videos like this to say its BS. Why can't they use our tax money for this. We pay first world taxes to get third world benefits. But the main question I have is why name it "PM cares fund". It could have been "Govt of India health fund" or something like that. He wants his name on it even in these times. Just like the stadium named after him removing Sardar Patel who was a bigger man than him.

Earlier, they used to call Gandhi/Nehuru fund, GoI does not need to be associated with Fund collections else it will get self assured super efficient Sarakari Baboos at various level of management 

Edited by mishra

12 minutes ago, mishra said:

Earlier, they used to call Gandhi/Nehuru fund, GoI does not need to be associated with Fund collections else it will get self assured super efficient Sarakari Baboos at various level of management 

still the tax money can be used than a fund. gandhi fund :rotfl: you know what that means right. its like giving money for gandhi thats it. We use it in a slang that if we are not planning to return the money owed to our friends who lent it, we say its in gandhis account :laugh: I don't know if the joke is throughout India but it surely is in my city. I would say the same thing to the pm cares fund.

On 5/5/2021 at 3:57 AM, Real McCoy said:

I don't think it's the vaccine but rather mutations of virus with existing viruses in someone's system. This was the exact fear people had when they heard the origins of virus is from Wuhan lab. 

If this theory is true, then it can be argued the virus itself is a mutation to begin with and was made to mutate. My guess is this is the most likely case and we are seeing things like "South African Variant", "UK Variant" etc. this means the virus is extremely effective in mutating inside a host.

This is why vaccine is so important so at least this mutation will not replicate fast enough across different continents. 

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

still the tax money can be used than a fund. gandhi fund :rotfl: you know what that means right. its like giving money for gandhi thats it. We use it in a slang that if we are not planning to return the money owed to our friends who lent it, we say its in gandhis account :laugh: I don't know if the joke is throughout India but it surely is in my city. I would say the same thing to the pm cares fund.

Main issue is GoI runs itself on taxes and not charity. This fund is money for Charity. As long as around 85-90% money is spent on purpose it is being collected for, its ok. 

I recall, few years back, there was a investigation and they realised that for most big charities, major chunk (over 50-75%) :cantstop:of collection was going in salaries bonuses, collection operations and rent cost while getting tax benefits and receiving money from tax department on donations. Govmnt hD to come with law, but i still feel some accountant knows way to get around it in books.

Edited by mishra

53 minutes ago, mishra said:

Main issue is GoI runs itself on taxes and not charity. This fund is money for Charity. As long as around 85-90% money is spent on purpose it is being collected for, its ok. 

I recall, few years back, there was a investigation and they realised that for most big charities, major chunk (over 50-75%) :cantstop:of collection was going in salaries bonuses, collection operations and rent cost while getting tax benefits and receiving money from tax department on donations. Govmnt hD to come with law, but i still feel some accountant knows way to get around it in books.

I have a different take on things. taxes don't always go towards running the govt but to the politicians in power. Since you are Indian, you should already know this. It works the same way in US, UK, etc but since those nations are powerful and their people question every move that they make, they have to do it under the guise of make believe stories. On top of that like you mentioned, there are overhead costs. Somehow in times like this, I feel people are more helpful to others than the govt itself. Everyone in my neighborhood pay their maids even if they are not working due to the current situation. If everyone does their bit, then there will be less pressure on govt and less chances of politicians and their cronies to steal. If they really cared for the people, the politicians would stop robbing people atleast for now and help the people. They shouldn't be guilt tripping people who already have paid their taxes with a begging bowl. It makes them no different from the aggressive begging that goes on in the streets.

1 hour ago, BlueBlood said:

I don't think it's the vaccine but rather mutations of virus with existing viruses in someone's system. This was the exact fear people had when they heard the origins of virus is from Wuhan lab. 

If this theory is true, then it can be argued the virus itself is a mutation to begin with and was made to mutate. My guess is this is the most likely case and we are seeing things like "South African Variant", "UK Variant" etc. this means the virus is extremely effective in mutating inside a host.

This is why vaccine is so important so at least this mutation will not replicate fast enough across different continents. 

What made you come to this conclusion. Do you have a degree in virology or immunology

11 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

lol I don't believe the earth is flat ok. If you find any moon landing hoax videos on YT (if you can find them at all these days), they have a subscript at the bottom of the video saying "Flat Earth theory". They want everyone who questions the moon landing videos into a lunatic section they can control. They also have nurses dancing in the hospitals with a subscript on corona or anti vaccers. You would think YT is user controlled but it is not. It has become main stream TV

OK. So, I hope you do not believe neither that earth is flat and neither moon landing is a hoax.

The flat earth theory survived for many centuries or millennia because common sense makes us feel that earth is flat whenever we look around us on a flat ground. It is only with more assimilation of knowledge and using one's inferential logic did people eventually come out of buying into flat-earth theory. 

While I used to buy into moon landing is a hoax and really believed that it is indeed a hoax for many years, I came out of it and realized that moon landing could have (or really did) happen. Unlike flat earth theory which is very easily falsified by evidence such as (images of earth or varying night/day times around the world), coming out of believing the moon hoax theories does require more information, better understanding and attention to information.

So, while there are people who say earth is not flat but buy into moon landing being a hoax, it does not mean that they will remain that way forever. The more informed people like us (on this forum) could help them realize that if they are willing to more critical of the theory and accept more information that moon landing is not a hoax.

So, in my opinion, while everyone who believes in moon-landing hoax is a believer of flat earth theory, a person who realized that earth is not flat (based on non-common sensical evidence) will eventually realize that moon landing is not a hoax because the inferential logic and critical thinking that is required to realize that earth is not flat will eventually make a person realize that moon-landing did happen. 

12 hours ago, sarcastic said:

OK. So, I hope you do not believe neither that earth is flat and neither moon landing is a hoax.

The flat earth theory survived for many centuries or millennia because common sense makes us feel that earth is flat whenever we look around us on a flat ground. It is only with more assimilation of knowledge and using one's inferential logic did people eventually come out of buying into flat-earth theory. 

While I used to buy into moon landing is a hoax and really believed that it is indeed a hoax for many years, I came out of it and realized that moon landing could have (or really did) happen. Unlike flat earth theory which is very easily falsified by evidence such as (images of earth or varying night/day times around the world), coming out of believing the moon hoax theories does require more information, better understanding and attention to information.

So, while there are people who say earth is not flat but buy into moon landing being a hoax, it does not mean that they will remain that way forever. The more informed people like us (on this forum) could help them realize that if they are willing to more critical of the theory and accept more information that moon landing is not a hoax.

So, in my opinion, while everyone who believes in moon-landing hoax is a believer of flat earth theory, a person who realized that earth is not flat (based on non-common sensical evidence) will eventually realize that moon landing is not a hoax because the inferential logic and critical thinking that is required to realize that earth is not flat will eventually make a person realize that moon-landing did happen.

There is no critical thinking in your post. I'm sorry if it hurts you but to correlate flat earth theory and moon landing hoax is too simplistic. One can believe in a round earth and still question moon landing. You are a victim of modern day divide and conquer. You exhibit the exact characteristics in my post that you quoted. YT segregates the moon hoax believers into flat earth believers group so that people will lost trust in them. In fact there are far less videos on YT with my POV. Try this

When you type the exact words on YT search, you expect this to be at the top right? wrong. This was no 11 last time I checked and is 15 right now with "debunking" videos on top :lol: Try it and you'll see 

12 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

There is no critical thinking in your post. I'm sorry if it hurts you but to correlate flat earth theory and moon landing hoax is too simplistic. One can believe in a round earth and still question moon landing. You are a victim of modern day divide and conquer. You exhibit the exact characteristics in my post that you quoted. YT segregates the moon hoax believers into flat earth believers group so that people will lost trust in them. In fact there are far less videos on YT with my POV. Try this

When you type the exact words on YT search, you expect this to be at the top right? wrong. This was no 11 last time I checked and is 15 right now with "debunking" videos on top :lol: Try it and you'll see 

I did not claim my post contained "critical thinking" but I am saying that one can look at the conspiracy theories and their debunking stuff with critical thinking to know the truth for oneself. I am not here to convince you or anyone that the hoax theories are wrong and it does not hurt me anyway to see there are people who believe that hoax theories are true as I myself was part of that group for a long while.  If we see both the conspiracy theories and the debunking videos/stuff about them, we can make an objective assessment about what is true. It will definitely help if we remove the glasses that either "It is a hoax" or "It is not a hoax" and go with the approach of it could be either is true.

And on a lighter note, I used to true believe until mid-teens that WWE (which was WWF once) is real. I used to think that all enmities and competitions are as real as cricket matches. But alas, the shock to realize that it is more like an act in a circus than some serious competition. When I told that to my friends who still believed that, they could not accept that.

And, flat-earthers will also say that they are sure that earth is flat and whatever reasoning we provide is wrong. And if you truly believe that earth is not flat, what made you believe that? Did you see earth from space to confirm it yourself or you are trusting the pictures of earth taken by some space organizations?

15 hours ago, sarcastic said:

I did not claim my post contained "critical thinking" but I am saying that one can look at the conspiracy theories and their debunking stuff with critical thinking to know the truth for oneself. I am not here to convince you or anyone that the hoax theories are wrong and it does not hurt me anyway to see there are people who believe that hoax theories are true as I myself was part of that group for a long while.  If we see both the conspiracy theories and the debunking videos/stuff about them, we can make an objective assessment about what is true. It will definitely help if we remove the glasses that either "It is a hoax" or "It is not a hoax" and go with the approach of it could be either is true.

And on a lighter note, I used to true believe until mid-teens that WWE (which was WWF once) is real. I used to think that all enmities and competitions are as real as cricket matches. But alas, the shock to realize that it is more like an act in a circus than some serious competition. When I told that to my friends who still believed that, they could not accept that.

And, flat-earthers will also say that they are sure that earth is flat and whatever reasoning we provide is wrong. And if you truly believe that earth is not flat, what made you believe that? Did you see earth from space to confirm it yourself or you are trusting the pictures of earth taken by some space organizations?

Did you watch that video I posted. If you can't make the correlation that this video is being censored to hiding something, you are clueless at best and a troll at worst. If you're still not convinced, I cannot convince you because you'll believe anything that's on TV. You are saying you are not here to convince me but in your previous post, you are trying to pigeonhole me into flat earth category. You write a wall of text that goes circular and doesn't make any point.

Lol your WWE watching and believing its true shows your naiveness. I started watching WWE as a kid too and knew it was an act. All one needs to watch is boxing where a punch when landed at the right spot knocks the opponent down for the count. There is no such thing happening in WWE even after throwing several punches. you believed it :lol: That's it folks.

Again this is a topic on PM cares fund. Why do you focus on moon landing. there is a thread dedicated to it. Stick to the topic at hand