PM Cares Fund

sarcastic

Zero motivation for me to donate to this "PM cares" fund.

This government decided foolishly to NOT order enough vaccines early in the year, assuming a best case scenario.  This is a historical blunder that simply cannot be forgiven.

How does a country, which has the precious local production option for vaccines, not maximize it.  On what basis do you decide not to order 500 million vaccines right away?  I mean, the global population is 10 times that.  your native requirement is at least double that.  There is no justification for not ordering more from Serum, other than political motives, corruption, or just careless stupidity.  Any of these are criminally negligent and directly led to thousands of avoidable deaths.  

Moron Modi owns this mistake.  Nobody else.  

56 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Do you have the direct link to see where money is spent? Or is it indirect like in your second link?

I am not aware of, any journalist/active can scan through media bulletins and make a list. Most of the requests are to be on the board that decides who gets the money. All party access to the fund for  disbursement is what everybody wants. A lot of vaccine investment is done through these funds. 

There is no other NGO fund that has the same reputation regarding corruption/honesty in disbursement than this fund. It is directly under PMO

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

This government decided foolishly to NOT order enough vaccines early in the year, assuming a best case scenario.  This is a historical blunder that simply cannot be forgiven.

How does a country, which has the precious local production option for vaccines, not maximize it.  On what basis do you decide not to order 500 million vaccines right away?  I mean, the global population is 10 times that.  your native requirement is at least double that.  There is no justification for not ordering more from Serum, other than political motives, corruption, or just careless stupidity.  Any of these are criminally negligent and directly led to thousands of avoidable deaths.  

PS: off topic post, nothing I mentioned has to do with the fund. I feel we need to focus on the actual failures.

Advance order in case of SII wouldn't have made any difference on the ground. SII/AZ had multiple advance orders anyways besides GoI that they're not able to fulfill. Poonawalla used the epidemic to extract 3k crore as a requirement to expand production but it's not like he or AZ are short of cash, nor is there so much raw material floating around to produce as much as they want right away. 

In the imaginary scenario that we had 500 million doses available in the first quarter, we wouldnt know how to store/transport/use as many, hopefully that will be possible this year. 

The second wave is a serious miss in terms of not preparing generally or even picking up the cues from March to early April. Having said that, vaccine orders couldn't have made a difference to it. 

Better to keep that money reserved for your near and dear ones if you arent billionaire who can donate hefty amount. If you are billionaire, want to do for countrymen, then you can go on. Because Hospitals are taking/charging deposits in the range of 2L-10L before even admitting the patient, donating to anykind of funds be it PMcares, Unicef or NGO seemed okay during 1st wave as it wasnt as scary and widespread which is the situation now. Vaccinated or not, any co-morbidities or not, this strain isn't leaving anyone. Only those who are working from home are in safe zone, otherwise everyone is at risk of contracting the virus. And PMCares will be audited but it will be separately audited..

7 hours ago, Clarke said:

PS: off topic post, nothing I mentioned has to do with the fund. I feel we need to focus on the actual failures.

Advance order in case of SII wouldn't have made any difference on the ground. SII/AZ had multiple advance orders anyways besides GoI that they're not able to fulfill. Poonawalla used the epidemic to extract 3k crore as a requirement to expand production but it's not like he or AZ are short of cash, nor is there so much raw material floating around to produce as much as they want right away. 

In the imaginary scenario that we had 500 million doses available in the first quarter, we wouldnt know how to store/transport/use as many, hopefully that will be possible this year. 

The second wave is a serious miss in terms of not preparing generally or even picking up the cues from March to early April. Having said that, vaccine orders couldn't have made a difference to it. 

Exactly. I am not sure how the willingness to donate is linked to the specific policy decisions anyway. Tomorrow if Adar retracts, we will choose to donate. Doesn’t make sense. 

My rationale is clear. PM Cares fund is being used to build oxygen plants across India and I would contribute to this cause. 

11 hours ago, sandeep said:

How does it matter whether he ordered it in advance or not? You wouldn't get  500 million in a month or two.  Even if he had ordered in advance, it would still have taken months to procure those vaccines. SII has a capacity of making 70 million per month and then they also have international commitments. So it would take close to a year to procure 500 million vaccines even if ordered in advance.

Edited by rkt.india

9 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

Better to keep that money reserved for your near and dear ones if you arent billionaire who can donate hefty amount. If you are billionaire, want to do for countrymen, then you can go on. Because Hospitals are taking/charging deposits in the range of 2L-10L before even admitting the patient, donating to anykind of funds be it PMcares, Unicef or NGO seemed okay during 1st wave as it wasnt as scary and widespread which is the situation now. Vaccinated or not, any co-morbidities or not, this strain isn't leaving anyone. Only those who are working from home are in safe zone, otherwise everyone is at risk of contracting the virus. And PMCares will be audited but it will be separately audited..

True. Govt always has the option to borrow or print money. Common people don't. Even when govt brings relief schemes for common people and small businesses through banks or other means, it becomes really difficult to avail that due to the lackluster attitude and lack of compassion and prevalent corruption. Donating sounds good to hear but not practical when govt is asking people to become aatmnirbhar. Govt should become aatmnirbhar too.

Edited by rkt.india

9 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

This.

Help people around you. Help the poor in your family.

Pay your helpers more during the lockdown. I would rather pay for getting them all vaccinated and well fed and safe in their house. 

I have limited money to give. We gave a big amount to PM cares fund in the first wave. This time round, we will use it to help directly .

Govt can increase taxes or introduce cess to get money.

Nobody needs any justification to do any charity, do what your conviction tells you. It’s hard not to do anything watching or reading the news stories of common people suffering. Obviously, you do charity because you are not affected by it and you have surplus at the moment. You don’t stop contributing just to save money so you might need it yourself. Society aise thodi chalta hain. Employers are matching funds these days, boond boond se hi sagar banta hain. 

Fck you and fvck the pm cares fund. he doesnt care lol. knowing how our tax is used we should not be contributing to any fund. If they can't do anything with the tax money, a fund won't help either. Its better to keep it to yourself and it may save you on a rainy day. Do you know how much the hospitals and hotels charge you in this environment. They are making big bucks. Where is the govt and what does it do when these situations happen. If they are silent then, why are they putting a bowl and asking us to contribute.

Crappy website. Seems to have been designed by a local freelancer who designs websites for the local restaurant. 

I donated last week and I got a ambiguous message to wait for 3 days to check if my funds have gone through. It gave me a vague message so I wasn’t sure if my transaction went through or was declined :wall: 

Finally posted on my account after 4 days.

Edited by Global.Baba

It’s simple I would rather donate to the prime minister of India than some NGO . I would like to take a leap of faith with the Indian government hoping at least at this stage would keep politics aside and spend the money on people.

Once you donate and the funds have left your account there is nothing much you can do. Either hope it reaches the right people and be content or think of it as a write-off. It’s not like people have not spend their money on stupid and useless stuff that they regretted. 

I personally thought this was the best place to donate. 

1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

It’s simple I would rather donate to the prime minister of India than some NGO . I would like to take a leap of faith with the Indian government hoping at least at this stage would keep politics aside and spend the money on people.

Once you donate and the funds have left your account there is nothing much you can do. Either hope it reaches the right people and be content or think of it as a write-off. It’s not like people have not spend their money on stupid and useless stuff that they regretted. 

I personally thought this was the best place to donate. 

Agree on this sentiment. Your taxes go to state and central and through loops of bureaucracy and babu armies. Also, all parties and politicians get a hand on it. This fund , the bad infrastructure notwithstanding, is under PMO control and has a better chance of making it to the needy.  

I did both here and Sewa International which accepts funds specifically for o2. But then, you should shed your secular cloak and accept you are a sanghi. 

For NRIs PM cares fund is a good option or some organisations that are at the forefront of action providing oxygen,free hospitals ,medicine or food to the needy right now in the effected cities.

Better than giving to red cross or some funds started by foreign celebrities.

One bollywood megastar donated 15000$ to a fund started for covid in India by shaun Mendis. Seriously....

20 hours ago, sandeep said:

There is no justification for not ordering more from Serum, other than political motives, corruption, or just careless stupidity.  Any of these are criminally negligent and directly led to thousands of avoidable deaths.  

Truer words not spoken in this thread. There should be a reckoning for this. The lives lost.