Jerusalem burning

ravishingravi

24 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@coffee_rules

The Right Wing's ( Dharmics as you call them) 'support' to Israel is mainly based on the religion of their opposition. Lets not delude ourselves here.

There are so many contentious border issues that China ( a rival, in the truest sense) has with Taiwan/Japan etc. Some instances of Chinese jets/military landing/making artificial islands inside territorial waters of other nations. Do you see this kind of support for the Taiwanese? Never. 

Its always when the other party ( mostly erring, I admit) is Muslim that the Indian right wing is active. Be it in France or Israel or the UK.

False equivalence comparing to China -Taiwan , Taiwanese are not sending rockets across nor are Chinese defending by bombing Taiwan. 

You can’t fault Dharmics to support Israel, UK etc because of political importance. You can call it hate. The partition of the country happened on their demands and even now Madras HC had to quash a petition from Muslims as they don’t want to see Hindu festivals in their dominated  area. This is a conflict that can’t be resolved in our lifetime 

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You are deluding yourself if you deny knowing about a Muslim veto power existed in Congress or still exists in India. 

You want to curtail Tehaswi’s right to FoE because he is an  MP?

O yes, support to CAA does when there are countries like USA, China, EU chiding India for passing laws internal to India, any support from outside matters diplomatically.

The 'veto' power real or perceived has *NOTHING* to do with Govt of India's stand on the Israeli Palestinian issue.

Can you back this up? Was it a part of any manifesto? Were votes sought on this issue?

Tejaswi can use his FoE all he wishes to. Its just unbecoming of an elected representative of the people of India. I ask again, what has India gained? Do these comments amount to India gaining anything ever or will they open possibilities of only a loss of opportunity for India?

The 'chiding' that you talk about means NOTHING. Resulted in no change in economic activity with India. If anything India got closer to the Western nations in the last 2 years. Israel's support similarly means NOTHING in the real world. None of these people are in any position to make India change her stance.

14 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Many sympathise on religious grounds. Is that your gold standard to emulate?

Dushman ka dushman mera dost?

I don't even believe in any religion. All religions are bad, some more than others. My point is Hamas is a terrorist organisation and my question was in that regard, not religious.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Indians shouldn't bother about what happens in ME, always trouble brewing in that area. Israel can take care of itself with able support from Uncle Sam, regarding Palestine let Arab countries deal with the unrest. Comical to see Indians getting so invested in this conflict when we have a full-blown mega-crisis affecting every neighborhood in our country. I do have sympathies for Palestinians, but hate Hamas type groups. Israel is no innocent party like some of our RW folks believe, neither is their lobby working from US/Europe, am I wrong@Real McCoy @Jimmy Cliff?

Deaths/injuries of Indians working in that area is our concern, beyond that forget it. Pisses me off when my fellow countrymen are ill-treated in UAE/Saudi/Qatar or when nurses working in ISIS areas, Israel etc suffer for no fault of theirs. Condolences to Ms. Santosh's family, hope no other Indian is caught in the crossfire. That is the extent of my interest in this conflict. 

India has good relations with Israel as well as the Arab world. Trust our diplomats to do what is required. Can we switch focus back to the Chinese virus please? 

Why shouldn’t Indians show support to Israel? Diplomatically, they have never hurt India despite Indian governments being hostile to Israel throughout their existence. A lot of Israeli students visit India now (cheap foreign travel destination) 

https://www.tripoto.com/india/trips/why-israelis-in-india-love-india-897940

Hence, we see diplomatic requests like this to Indians to win a narrative war:

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

The 'veto' power real or perceived has *NOTHING* to do with Govt of India's stand on the Israeli Palestinian issue.

Can you back this up? Was it a part of any manifesto? Were votes sought on this issue?

You are wrongly informed about Russia’s support for Israel. Since 1944, Stalin supported the state of Israel and sympathized with Jews because of Holocaust. Russia was the second country to recognize the state of Israel and provided weapons support to Israel in the 1948 war. Why would Nehru choose to support Palestine and shun Israel if Russia supported Israel?  You should read some of Maulana Azad’s influence on Nehru. Much of INC actions are to not hurt the sentiments of Muslims. Be it in teaching history, “we can’t talk about Islamic invaders destruction of temples”  to diplomatic relations. We can’t support Israel because it would hurt Muslims. He might be doing it for votes or he loved Muslims overtly. The same trend continued with IG/Rajiv too. BJP manifest in 1998 showed increase relations with Israel for that purpose. 

https://www.orfonline.org/research/30081/?amp

This was Nehru’s explanation for India voting against the partition of Palestine, and the creation of a Jewish State. The compelling reasons were India’s own partition, India’s large Muslim population which, like other Muslims elsewhere, was instinctively pro-Palestinian, seeing the issue as an Islamic cause, and India’s need for support from inter alia Arab countries, in the impending 1948 war over Kashmir with Pakistan.”

Tejaswi can use his FoE all he wishes to. Its just unbecoming of an elected representative of the people of India. I ask again, what has India gained? Do these comments amount to India gaining anything ever or will they open possibilities of only a loss of opportunity for India?

Not everything a MP does should be of the people and for the people. Not everything they do should be about benefit to his constituency only. They have personal opinions, Arvind Kejariwal used to tweet movie reviews for gods’ sake. I don’t mock that, they have their lives. 

The 'chiding' that you talk about means NOTHING. Resulted in no change in economic activity with India. If anything India got closer to the Western nations in the last 2 years. Israel's support similarly means NOTHING in the real world. None of these people are in any position to make India change her stance.

Not every impact is tangible. You can’t put a monetary value. Israeli tourists were increasingly visiting India before Covid year after year. Israeli trade in agriculture, science and defence has increased many fold since 2014 with such bi-lateral support of people. Diplomatic wins in UN affects a lot of Foreign Affairs , trade, WTO negotiations and helps India in many ways economically. Also , in defence imports there is healthy competition now between US, France and Russia for India market and India will save a lot in $s by choosing better and cheaper weapons/materials from Israel

Edited by coffee_rules

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

But why do people sympathize with Hamas, Palestine?

Hamas shouldn't be supported but people support Palestine because they are people lost everything .

I am not 100% on history but Isreal was nation set up by mainly British as promise of giving Jews country after 1st world war so they divided I think part of Ottaman empire  and created new country Isreal (note that there were not many Jews at time in Palestine, after creation they came from other countries and settled here mainly Europe ) and thus began war with every war Isreal won they started Occupy more and more of Palestine territory resulting in deaths of natives and losing their land. Currently Isreal occupies territories which  belongs to Palestine's and if there is even small incident from terrorist's Isreal acts with brute force killing lot innocent hence they Sympathy

Its very hard pick sides here each is right in its own and wrong in its way this all due great British interference and their successful divide and rule 

Edited by rising

18 minutes ago, rising said:

Hamas shouldn't be supported but people support Palestine because they are people lost everything .

I am not 100% on history but Isreal was nation set up by mainly British as promise of giving Jews country after 1st world war so they divided I think part of Ottaman empire  and created new country Isreal (note that there were not many Jews at time in Palestine, after creation they came from other countries and settled here mainly Europe ) and thus began war with every war Isreal won they started Occupy more and more of Palestine territory resulting in deaths of natives and losing their land. Currently Isreal occupies territories which  belongs to Palestine's and if there is even small incident from terrorist's Isreal acts with brute force killing lot innocent hence they Sympathy

Its very hard pick sides here each is right in its own and wrong in its way this all due great British interference and their successful divide and rule 

O9jwYd.jpg

JT0LBd.jpg

Brits messed up the retrieval from their colonies and so many ethnicities were left fighting for scraps whether it be the Kurds, Cypriots, Palestinians, Jews, Irish..not to mention the tribes of western Africa and the SC itself. I hope Scotland breaks away, Ireland unites and they get a taste of their medicine.

Coming to the topic, I have always been fascinated by the might of Israel and their will to survive in such hostile neighborhood. However can never support their actions against the Palestinians and their treatment as second class citizens in the West Bank. The settlements are illegal, but they are pretty much bulldozing ahead without any consequences. And add to this I think modern Israelis are opposed to the two state solution themselves. Cant see any resolution whatsoever.

Edited by Vickydev

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

I don't even believe in any religion. All religions are bad, some more than others. My point is Hamas is a terrorist organisation and my question was in that regard, not religious.

They see it as a freedom fighting org fighting against muslim oppression. Similar to how Israel gets their blood pumping as oppose to ISIS cutting off kufr heads. Similar thought process, your 'terrorist' is our freedom fighter

Edited by Texy

5 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

O9jwYd.jpg

JT0LBd.jpg

Can you share the source? British were involved. What divide and rule serves them after the partition when they both were independent nations. I want to blame Brits for all ills, but partition is solely because of people don’t want to live next to or “ruled” by the other.

13 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@coffee_rules

The Right Wing's ( Dharmics as you call them) 'support' to Israel is mainly based on the religion of their opposition. Lets not delude ourselves here.

There are so many contentious border issues that China ( a rival, in the truest sense) has with Taiwan/Japan etc. Some instances of Chinese jets/military landing/making artificial islands inside territorial waters of other nations. Do you see this kind of support for the Taiwanese? Never. 

Its always when the other party ( mostly erring, I admit) is Muslim that the Indian right wing is active. Be it in France or Israel or the UK.

Palestinians are like Kashmiri pandits here and they are legitimate victims.

20 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Kashmiri Pandits are not throwing rockets at mosques. The plight of palestiniens is genuine but resorting to Hamas to resolve your disputes is not the way. In many ways, Hamas makes Israel look better. 

46 minutes ago, MechEng said:

How Palestinians are like Kashmiri pandits? You know where did Palestine cone from. It came from Roman Empire who destroyed jew community in Israel, changed the name of Israel and Jerusalem. It's the homeland of Jews. It's the Jews who are more comparable to Kashmiri pandits, executed, murdered, kicked out of their homeland.  History didn't start in 1948.

Edited by rkt.india

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

How Palestinians are like Kashmiri pandits? You know where did Palestine cone from. It came from Roman Empire who destroyed jew community in Israel, changed the name of Israel and Jerusalem. It's the homeland of Jews. It's the Jews who are more comparable to Kashmiri pandits, executed, murdered, kicked out of their homeland.  History didn't start in 1948.

But what does the atrocities of Romans had to do with 20th century Palestinians?

Today if I bump into your house and force you to leave because some 200 years ago my great great great grandfather was the owner of the land where your house is and got unfairly evicted at that time, is that okay?

Edited by MechEng