Who are India's top 5 fastest pacers?

I want to know who are India's top 5 fastest pace bowlers of all-time? Some of the names that comes to my mind are:-

Navdeep Saini

Jasprit Bumrah

Umesh Yadav

Mohammad Shami

Prasidh Krishna

Who else?

11 hours ago, Mosher said:

Srinath was the fastest. He has clocked 154.5kph which was the quickest ball in 1999 world cup. Other Indian bowlers who have bowled 150+

Aaron

Umesh

Bumrah

Ishant

Saini

Akhtar clocked 154, the fastest, Srinath 149, second fastest.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Akhtar clocked 154, the fastest, Srinath 149, second fastest.

My bad. Srinath was the 2nd fastest in that WC but he did bowl 154.5 in that WC.

Part of 1999 World Cup, Srinath touched 154.5 KMPH (96 MPH) mark on the speed gun to become the India’s quickest ball deliverer and the second fastest after Shoiab Akthar in that tournament. 

https://www.crictracker.com/top-5-fastest-balls-delivered-by-indians-in-cricket/5/

55 minutes ago, Mosher said:

My bad. Srinath was the 2nd fastest in that WC but he did bowl 154.5 in that WC.

Part of 1999 World Cup, Srinath touched 154.5 KMPH (96 MPH) mark on the speed gun to become the India’s quickest ball deliverer and the second fastest after Shoiab Akthar in that tournament. 

https://www.crictracker.com/top-5-fastest-balls-delivered-by-indians-in-cricket/5/

That's false information by this website.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/javagal-srinath-one-in-a-billion-111878

Screenshot_20210601-114250.png

15 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Srinath retired just when Indian batting firepower was coming together as a unit - Sachin, Dravid, Laxman, Sehwag, Ganguly...and later Dhoni. And while he had Kumble bowling with him, even spin stocks were bare - an endless parade of journeymen like Nilesh Kulkarni, Bhardwaj, Joshi, Chauhan, Ashish Kapoor etc to partner Kumble. A horror show.

The more I go over his career, the more I get convinced of his status as the greatest Indian quick ever. I mean, look at the likes of Starc, Boult, Broad etc celebrated as modern greats. They bowl on conducive pitches and yet have a record that's within 2-3 runs of Srinath. Indian fans on a whole undersell Srinath massively.

srinath is a legend. one man army. imagine him next to booms and shami. Would wreak havoc. sub 25 level bowler who was unfortunate to play for a weak side.

2 hours ago, zen said:

Karthik Tyagi has potential ... In T20s, bowls consistently at 140+ (closer to 145) ... have not seen him in other formats 

In t20s from what I have seen many bowlers bowl many effort balls and hit 145 mark.. Can they sustain that pace and accuracy in tests is a different question often. 

On 6/1/2021 at 9:49 AM, Jay said:

srinath is a legend. one man army. imagine him next to booms and shami. Would wreak havoc. sub 25 level bowler who was unfortunate to play for a weak side.

He had skill and menace, hallmark of a proper fast bowler. 

Among Indian fast bowlers who have played 10+ tests ....

Fastest ....

1. Srinath

2. Umesh

3. Bumrah

4. Shami

5. Ishant 

6. Sreesanth / Nehra

I find it difficult to compare the speeds of pacers who have bowled quick for multiple years in test matches, with pacers who have not played that much international cricket OR bowled quick primarily in T20s.

Among young pacers or pacers who have played less than 10 tests ....

Fastest ....

1. Aaron

2. Saini

3. Tyagi

4. Prasidh

5. Siraj

6. Avesh 

Edited by express bowling