Pushing For Kongu Nadu — BJP Backers Needle Ruling DMK With Separate State Question !!!

velu

Pushing For Kongu Nadu — BJP Backers Needle Ruling DMK With Separate State Question

Some mischief-makers working within the power corridors of New Delhi set the Tamil Nadu Twitter sphere on fire early this week. In some of the official announcements, they had chosen to call 'Kongu Naadu' instead of the name of the district or town from which L Murugan, the newly-anointed Minister of State, comes from.

Kongu Nadu (or Naadu) is the name by which the western districts of Tamil Nadu go by. These districts have a distinct identity within the broader Tamil socio-cultural landscape just as other regions of ancient Tamil ‘country’ have. The name itself has largely been used only in a cultural context except when fringe players use it to demand a new state.

@G_B_   BJP giving DMK their own medicine :giggle:

I think BJP sort of supported this 5/10 years back 

Absolutely no ground level support for this. Will just turn out to be a cute hashtag trend by the IT wing. BJP can use these 5 yrs to build some sort of support on the ground. Online presence won't help in TN

1 hour ago, ash said:

Absolutely no ground level support for this. Will just turn out to be a cute hashtag trend by the IT wing. BJP can use these 5 yrs to build some sort of support on the ground. Online presence won't help in TN

Yea bjp should just sit back and do nothing online...let dmk set up all the narrative with the aid of b grade tamil industry stars. 

Re kongu nadu 

Its just shadow boxing between dmk and bjp atm. Tn guv replacement will tell us more. 

Glad murugan got the union ministery. I think with bl santosh watching over tn , annamalai as bjp prez and nainar in the assembly its a good team bjp have assembled. Only time will tell if they can push on and make inroads. Lets see what happens in the admk...

On 7/10/2021 at 12:44 PM, velu said:

Pushing For Kongu Nadu — BJP Backers Needle Ruling DMK With Separate State Question

@G_B_   BJP giving DMK their own medicine :giggle:

I think BJP sort of supported this 5/10 years back 

How is BJP giving DMK its own medicine? :hmmmm2: This seems to me more like the division of AP into Telengana and Andhra and other divisions such as that of UP, MP and Bihar. Congress did the dirty work back then and BJP is doing it now :noidea:

Both national parties are following their colonial masters plan of divide and conquer. What BJP is trying to do now is acting like TN is a colony of its and dividing it into two to make it easier to gain entry just like how the Brits divided India into multiple categories and fomented trouble between those groups. Its how 400k british ruled 200 million in those days.

I grew up in a country that had 25 states and 7 UTs. I don't know how many states are there now. We already have enough divisions. If we keep on dividing, we will resemble a shattered mirror.

No matter how hard this gobar party try, Tamil brothers  will never fall in trap of gobar which BJP serves. Tamils IMO are smart enough to understand treacherous jumlas and lies they spoon out.

Dmk's convincing win is the proof of it.

They can stay in the background and continue to pull strings from behind the AIADMK. Lol.

Commiseration bhaktards. :giggle:

Edited by speedheat

22 minutes ago, speedheat said:

No matter how hard this gobar party try, Tamil brothers  will never fall in trap of gobar which BJP serves. Tamils IMO are smart enough to understand treacherous jumlas and lies they spoon out.

They can stay in the background and continue to pull strings from behind the AIADMK. Lol.

But thats entirely the point no?

Admk won super majority in kongu nadu in the assembly. 

The dmk being a family run org will not be able to handle two states. Look at tdp , within 6 years became extinct in one state.

Even if bjp dont gain entry you are cutting regional parties to size. At one point the tdp won 29 seats.  Now at max they can win 25. 

If the dmk pushes a separatist agenda the bjp will push a sub regional agenda. Its in the bjp agenda to create smaller states for better governance. Jharkhand and Chhatisgrah are an example. Truth is states like Tn maharashtra and up need to be broken into smaller geographic regions for better governance. 

I am sure as a punjabi speedhat (i assume) you understand that akalis pushed hard for punjab to be carved out of a state comprising of hp and haryana.

28 minutes ago, speedheat said:

I don't know man. there are plenty of tards here as well but overall majority thinks ADMK was weakened with Jaya's death. I won't mind either ADMK/DMK but one is basically a puppet of centre party BJP. That defeats the purpose of having a local party. DMK to me is the lesser evil at this point and the thought itself makes me puke :sick:

10 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

But thats entirely the point no?

Admk won super majority in kongu nadu in the assembly. 

The dmk being a family run org will not be able to handle two states. Look at tdp , within 6 years became extinct in one state.

Even if bjp dont gain entry you are cutting regional parties to size. At one point the tdp won 29 seats.  Now at max they can win 25. 

If the dmk pushes a separatist agenda the bjp will push a sub regional agenda. Its in the bjp agenda to create smaller states for better governance. Jharkhand and Chhatisgrah are an example. Truth is states like Tn maharashtra and up need to be broken into smaller geographic regions for better governance. 

I am sure as a punjabi speedhat (i assume) you understand that akalis pushed hard for punjab to be carved out of a state comprising of hp and haryana.

What? when did you hear anything about separation. We are not Kashmir you know. And no, states don't need to be divided for better governance. If that's the idea, then they need to quit politics. They don't have a clue about governing. TN speaks tamil and its good enough. No need for a split.

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

What? when did you hear anything about separation. We are not Kashmir you know. And no, states don't need to be divided for better governance. If that's the idea, then they need to quit politics. They don't have a clue about governing. TN speaks tamil and its good enough. No need for a split.

I never said you were...all this started with bjp listing murugan as a union minister from kongu nadu , tamil nadu. Now if the dmk and  tamil nationalists have such thin skin then its their problem. Bjp state unit has annamalai hailing from kongu nadu and floor leader hailing from the south.

And while you mention states dont need to be divided for better governance, that remains your opinion. The prevalent opinion within the administrative brass even before 2014 has been smaller states are better to govern. 

I am from mumbai and i will back a seperate viderbha state. This has nothing to do with divide or rule or some sort of colonial mindeset. Its just plain stupid to have a summer and winter state capital. It should be noted that the colonial power that governed india the uk has also split into sub units with the welsh northern Irish and scottish regional assemblies. Most European nstions are creating new districts or administrative units for better delivery of services. 

Even within tn several newer and small districts (residual district of vellore comes to mind) have been created from the pov of better governance. 

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@G_B_

I think @speedheat is Marathi speaking. We used to troll @Gollum @coffee_rules in the IPL section using my make do and his fluent Marathi.

Not that it amounted to much. :(( Don't think they even realized.

Can't decide my Marathi is more of a pidgin than Gujarati, had no clue whatsoever if you guys were trolling. Kaale aksar bhains barabar. TejRaftaarGaram is a anti-BJP troll like that napaak guy who posts behind a vpn. 

Edited by coffee_rules

14 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

I never said you were...all this started with bjp listing murugan as a union minister from kongu nadu , tamil nadu. Now if the dmk and  tamil nationalists have such thin skin then its their problem. Bjp state unit has annamalai hailing from kongu nadu and floor leader hailing from the south.

And while you mention states dont need to be divided for better governance, that remains your opinion. The prevalent opinion within the administrative brass even before 2014 has been smaller states are better to govern. 

I am from mumbai and i will back a seperate viderbha state. This has nothing to do with divide or rule or some sort of colonial mindeset. Its just plain stupid to have a summer and winter state capital. It should be noted that the colonial power that governed india the uk has also split into sub units with the welsh northern Irish and scottish regional assemblies. Most European nstions are creating new districts or administrative units for better delivery of services. 

Even within tn several newer and small districts (residual district of vellore comes to mind) have been created from the pov of better governance. 

Your idea about splitting states doesn't make it easy to govern. Its just a tactic to get a party more seats. When Congress did it, BJP were like this is dirty politics. Now they are ok with it lol. This will only compound problems. We already have a water dispute with karnataka. if kongu nadu constructs another dam, the rest of tn will be screwed.

Your point about UK is not a good comparison. UK is a country with multiple nations. Many don't understand the difference between country and nation. I think you live in UK right? You should know that England, Scotland, Wales and N.Ireland are different nations within UK. There was a big deal made about Scotland voting for independence which didn't work out. So its not an artificial thing to have different assemblies because they are not part of the same nation.

In India, the country and nation is synonymous and states were divided based on language. If both Andhra and Telengana spake the same language, they should be together. The division is created to serve the parties' interests and not governance based. Delivery of services :lol: It was always the same jumla. BJP has finished 7 years of ruling. Still no services offered only asks us to be patient and hardworking. Congress said the same thing. BJP is just congress 2.0. It won't solve anything. "services" delivered will be the same. We don't want further hassles in conducting daily business with another state being carved out. You can do it in Maharashtra first and see how it goes.

Most of the growth and development happens around capital or big cities. In case of Kar, all Dev and jobs are in Bengaluru region and in south Kar . North Kar (Hyd) districts are totally ignored . There is naturally a lot of resentment and anger in those ignored areas, both politically and economically. Hence such regions need more investment. Carving new states helps address these issues.

Telengana case is different. It was a state for 3 years from 53-56 and then unified to AP, the movement was always spewing in the background .

Kongunadu case is totally political. It could be one of the richest regions with gounders thriving in Mettur dam fertile lands

Edited by coffee_rules

11 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Kongunadu case is totally political. It could be one of the richest regions with gounders thriving in Mettur dam fertile lands

families who are not completely dependent on agriculture are economically far better than people who are dependent only on agriculture even though we have enough water and fertile land  .. 

mettur dam water is mostly for delta region ( and drinking water supply for erode , salem  etc   ) , even delta farmers get more share of Bhavani water which is  probably 1/6th the capacity of Cauvery 

naidus , chettiars are all well off as well 

1 hour ago, velu said:

families who are not completely dependent on agriculture are economically far better than people who are dependent only on agriculture even though we have enough water and fertile land  .. 

mettur dam water is mostly for delta region ( and drinking water supply for erode , salem  etc   ) , even delta farmers get more share of Bhavani water which is  probably 1/6th the capacity of Cauvery 

naidus , chettiars are all well off as well 

Are gounders same as Gowdas of Kar ? Gowdas are also land owning village heads , usually rich and are shaivities. 

Ppl will have to get used to ideas of new states and countries if viable and there is  demand for it … Borders change … Nothing is permanent 

Statement: TN should be a country

Response 1: Akhand Bharat … Blah blah … How can ppl break India?

Response 2: Would the ppl of the state be better off? If yes, go ahead and do what works best for the local ppl. Don’t limit yourself if you think you are tied up in a pointless future with rest of India (and its politics) 

Edited by zen

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Are gounders same as Gowdas of Kar ? Gowdas are also land owning village heads , usually rich and are shaivities. 

i think only vokkaliga gowdas are related to gounders .. 

i attended two/three vokkaliga gowda marriages and the wedding tradition/rituals are more or less same ..