Washington Sundar out of the England tour due to Injury

10 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Umesh yadav seems to be coming in to form.

If bumrah and ishant are not pitching the ball up and umesh and siraj are ..then even umesh can be played.

Team management should take a call purely seeing the conditions..whether the pacers default length suits the conditions.

Bumrah is hit the deck bowler ..he doesn't swing at all...may not be the best 3 pacer for an indian 11.

cant we use booms as first change? he could be devastating with old ball and bouncers.

19 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Absolute joke :facepalm:

How come these idiots get injured without even contributing in the match. I think he dint bowl at all and then faced 2-3 balls while batting. Even some time they gets injured while warming the bench. I remember rahul also was getting injured regularly in his early days while warming the bench.

4 minutes ago, raki05 said:

How come these idiots get injured without even contributing in the match. I think he dint bowl at all and then faced 2-3 balls while batting. Even some time they gets injured while warming the bench. I remember rahul also was getting injured regularly in his early days while warming the bench.

I think its a farce. Kohli purposely trying to sabotage their careers. 

16 hours ago, Jay said:

he is a fine young talent. he smoked bowlers like cummins and hazelwood. he would be fine. oh you meant english conditions. See, here is the thing. he is a lefty. lefties are always handy in seaming conditions. i have no doubt he could have stole the show. kid has insane potential. he has all the shots in the book. he is comfortable vs pace, bounce and spin. 

Broad and Anderson eat left handers for breakfast. Not many bowlers have the skills to bowl that well against left handers.

58 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Even one ball at pace can break your bone.

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

Washington got hit on the fingers by a nasty snorter by Siraj.

I saw that ball. It was quick and nasty.

59 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Washington got hit on the fingers by a nasty snorter by Siraj.

I saw that ball. It was quick and nasty.

indint know what Siraj was thinking’s.. bowl decent balls but why ball one so short that it can potentially injure your team mate who could have been a good fit in the team at some point on the tour.. if you want that aggression show it to the opposition batsmen.

do you think Starc or Hazlewood would bowl these snorters to their own team mates if these were in the same position?

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

indint know what Siraj was thinking’s.. bowl decent balls but why ball one so short that it can potentially injure your team mate who could have been a good fit in the team at some point on the tour.. if you want that aggression show it to the opposition batsmen.

do you think Starc or Hazlewood would bowl these snorters to their own team mates if these were in the same position?

Message from Kohli? :noidea:

2 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

But batsmen have to practice playing quick short balls if they have to survive in international cricket.

Sundar would have had to face Wood bowling quick short stuff if he got a test match spot.

Siraj bowled a short ball barrage to the English batters too, later in the day, and almost got a wicket with one.

3 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Have to disagree here.  What happened was unfortunate.  But it is a competitive sport and these guys make each other better by going full-steam.  Plus, sometimes there is something on the pitch that causes the ball to rear-up.  Now, if he had bowled a beamer straight at his face, I would agree with you. 

What if Sundar hit an overpitched delivery straight back and it hit Siraj on the head, injuring him?  Would we say that Sundar should not play straight drives because of the hazard it poses to his team-mate?  

Hopefully, Sundar heals quickly and stakes his claim again.  

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
7 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

:laugh:

7 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

yes they do , if u cant face it in nets or match practice good luck. Even a full length swinging yorkers can injure toes so bowlers shud what feed hit me lengths in nets

14 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

He is a *ing idiot he held someone by neck it was on TV seems like a usual case from you know what ways some Edge to them. 

19 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

It was a competitive match not some celebrity exhibition match. Siraj going full steam was absolutely right.