Herschelle Gibbs rakes in dirty controversy again, tries to play KPL and then blames BCCI's "political agenda"

58 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

So we won't be seeing Wasim Akram and Rahet Fateh Ali Khan in India in future?

Possibly. India Pakistan relations won't improve until Pakistan stops funding terrorism against India. Till then, Indians can meet their close Pakistani friends in Dubai. 

43 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Looks like a publicity stunt to me as well. All their ministers are re tweeting Gibbs's tweet attacking Modi and his policy towards Kashmir.

BCCI should develop some balls and sue Gibbs for lying openly.

But if Gibbs is speaking the truth, then ofcourse cant defend BCCI here.

BCCI should completey ignore. The entire episode is based on Graeme Smith telling Gibbs that Jay Shah told Smith Gibbs will not be allowed to work in India if he played in KPL. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/sports/2021/7/31/indian-board-warning-players-against-kashmir-cricket-tournament

ALJAZEERA reports this in detail.

Looks like this is going to be a major battle...I am glad that BCCI is batting for India and fighting this rogue initiative by Pak.

Monty Panesar and Dilshan too have signed up for KPL. They have not spoken yet on this. 

Monty Panesar makes money out of media engagements with Aaj Tak/India Today.

41 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Kashmir is a disputed region claimed by India ,any cricketer involved in KPL will be seen as someone not respecting India's sovereignty

If China can threaten nations mattrrs involving Taiwan,why should India stay back and be mere spectators and allow any tom dick gibbs ridiculing our claims

Did China ban Chinese Taipei from Olympics 2008 or the Asian Games?

No they did not and even if they did, they are an authoritarian and fascist country unlike what many people here think India is. 

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Paisa bhai. Gibbs can do anything for money as we know from his past. Who knows he might have been paid hefty amount to tweet that so that Pak govt can use it as a tool to target Modi and Kashmir atrocity. A gora is facing threat from facist India sells well in foreign media as well.

If Rihanna can tweet for Indian farmers for money, you really think Gibbs cant?

Again, I doubt *if* there was any money given it could compare to the amount he could get commentating in India or coaching a coaching stint with an IPL side. 

How do you answer to the fact that the English players who were supposed to be playing this tournament have no longer been given permission by the ECB due to the blackmailing on the part of the BCCI? Were they also payed off by our government to join this so called publicity stunt?

Edited by Ellipsism
5 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

Again, I doubt *if* there was any money given it could compare to the amount he could get commentating in India or coaching a coaching stint with an IPL side. 

How do you answer to the fact that the English players who were supposed to be playing this tournament have no longer been given permission by the ECB due to the blackmailing on the part of the BCCI? Were they also payed off by our government to join this so called publicity stunt?

Gibbs has nothing to lose by this tweet. He anws risks arrest if in India so why not make some dime when opportunity presents.

22 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Did China ban Chinese Taipei from Olympics 2008 or the Asian Games?

No they did not and even if they did, they are an authoritarian and fascist country unlike what many people here think India is. 

Is it called Indian Kashmir?do you call it Indian Kashmir?even if you do,it won't appease us,we won't allow such practices altogether

3 minutes ago, First class said:

KPL was a very low profile league, thanks to BCCI's stupidity, its getting free publicity. I don't think Gibbs is lying , he won't be risking a huge lawsuit  for defaming a very powerful organization. A really dumb act from BCCI. 

Will our PCB boycott the evil BCCI? Will we refuse to play against Eendia in the T20 WC? 

36 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Hopefully this would kickstart the process where international players better choose between IPL and PSL. If you have the power then use it.

Issue is ipl nowadays only the gun players get selected. There are hundreds others who dont even get picked. Psl will take just anybody who is aus or south african or english or kiwi.. its also a matter of livelihood of all these t20 mercenaries 

40 minutes ago, First class said:

KPL was a very low profile league, thanks to BCCI's stupidity, its getting free publicity. I don't think Gibbs is lying , he won't be risking a huge lawsuit  for defaming a very powerful organization. A really dumb act from BCCI. 

All the more reason to think that all this was an orchestrated drama. I mean people these days do all sorts of things to gain "popularity" somehow and a bhikari board like PCB is certainly capable (shameless) enough to do such nautanki..