Herschelle Gibbs rakes in dirty controversy again, tries to play KPL and then blames BCCI's "political agenda"

16 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

If Pakistani Kashmir is an integral part of India, why dont India take control of it? India has a bigger army than Pakistan, it should not be that difficult. I don't know why people are still fighting over it, just recognize the LOC and get over it.

After the Abhinandan embarrassment I dont think India will ever go that route again. Once bitten twice shy. 

20 minutes ago, Aiden said:

After the Abhinandan embarrassment I dont think India will ever go that route again. Once bitten twice shy. 

Our PM wasn’t the one pissing his pants and this is per a Pakistani minister in your parliament, don’t know why you guys keep bringing it up.

Speaking of embarrassment let’s picture this, an Indian cricket board with few calls was able to more or less shut down this politically motivated adventure.  

Given what PCB tried, I think BCCI should make player choose between IPL and PSL.

To the ISPR trolls on this thread, see some comments made by Pakistanis during KPL events. Such innocent souls who think sports and politics should not be linked.

He added that KPL will bring cricket talent of Kashmir to mainstream cricket world.

Imran Ismail on this occasion said that KPL in Azad Kashmir will give a clear message to world that there is peace on this side of Kashmir while life has become difficult for people in Indian-held Kashmir.

“This is evidence to the world, they can see how different these two parts of Kashmir are,” he said at the launch of KPL.

MNA and Chairman of Parliamentary Committee on Kashmir Shehryar Afridi through video link said that all stakeholders stand behind KPL. He said that it is a high-time to show that what is happening on the other side of the border and this side of the border. He said that the would will also own KPL.

Federal Minister for Economic Affairs Omar Ayub believed the Kashmir Premier League (KPL) has echoed voices of concern in the neighbouring country India, as a league would run in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) whereas the Indian Illegally-Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJ&K) was kept under fear and captivity. “KPL was a golden opportunity for the Kashmiri cricketers to prove their mettle and show the world what Kashmir really is,” he said while addressing the logo unveiling ceremony of SRG KPL here at a local hotel. He urged the players to come on front foot and play with courage just like our leader Prime Minister Imran Khan who has raised the cause of Kashmir in the whole world. “I want the players to play freely and live bravely. Where India has spread fear in IIOJ&K, the KPL will be played with freedom and courage in AJK showing the world the real and actual face of Kashmir. The colour of the league will cross the line of control (LoC) from Muzaffarabad,” he said. He also lauded the KPL management saying they deserve congratulations. “I will land in the stadium while paragliding during KPL,” he said.

16 hours ago, First class said:

Dreaming for 74 years, why stop now, keep dreaming. 

India will crush all rebellion will crush your army and take back land that India is legally suzerain of. Most importantly it will methodically crush your army as it wishes taking time. :laugh: nothing your wimpy country or  Azad satta league can do abt it.

On 8/1/2021 at 9:57 AM, Baji-Rao said:
On 8/1/2021 at 9:55 AM, Franco Vazquez said:

If Pakistani Kashmir is an integral part of India, why dont India take control of it? India has a bigger army than Pakistan, it should not be that difficult. I don't know why people are still fighting over it, just recognize the LOC and get over it.

Wait are you telling me that bollywood movie where Kashmir was won by India isn't real????!! Insane how the masterplan by the directors of those movies isn't working on actual paper damn it :\

Bhai hum na dildaar hai. Bangladesh to le liye tum logo se aur azaad bhi kar diya. Ab dekho bangladesh ka haal. Unlogon ka gdp / per capita income tum logo se kaayee goona zyada hai.  Tum log punjab kashmir last 40 saal se kar rahe ho. Mila kya ? Thenga. In these 40 years india has economically progressed and pakistan have economically socially regressed.. aur kuch.. indians celebrating olympics and pakistanis celebrating kpl league.. 

BCCI should seriously consider launching a pre-IPL mini league exactly at the same time as PSL (Jan/ Feb). Could be done by adding better glitz and IPL style marketing to Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy or a revamped Challenger Trophy equivalent with 5-6 teams of best domestic talent or of A teams from various teams.

Starve that padosi league of any and all Indian money. 

2 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

This guy shared khalistani propaganda during the farmers protest. It's another thing that he isn't important enough or high profile enough for anyone to pay much attention to him.

Despite that, he appeared as an expert on one of our news channels during India - Eng series in India. Would have made decent money. He was with them during the WTC as well.

Further media or IPL opportunities would have opened up. But he's burnt the bridges now.